You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I do like the omega compatible nails.  I wish ALL bodies did that since I have a lot of omega appliers for fingers and toes.

Or if nail creators would just add appliers for the toenails...or something. Get a fancy mani and my toenails are just....pink.

image.thumb.png.35f2745736e9964c1621a42378192cfb.png

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I do like the omega compatible nails.  I wish ALL bodies did that since I have a lot of omega appliers for fingers and toes.

I finally caved and bought the N.Kolour+KOSMETIK: Omega Nails for my Legacy body, since I have so many omega appliers. I was holding off because they don't have a demo, and I really like them otherwise.

33 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I finally caved and bought the N.Kolour+KOSMETIK: Omega Nails for my Legacy body, since I have so many omega appliers. I was holding off because they don't have a demo, and I really like them otherwise.

Now if they only had Reborn size.  I used Empire nails ages ago so I have tons of omega appliers.  I don't need 3847563 different sets of nails.  One set, different lengths that use appliers.   

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Where is the event listed at? I went to Seraphim and didn't see it in the list. I'm guessing they aren't using it and using some other way instead.

On Flickr, I think? Their newest post mentions "The Grand" and "Dream Day" and has SLURLs to both.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/196749412@N02/52547600819/in/dateposted/

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

On Flickr, I think? Their newest post mentions "The Grand" and "Dream Day" and has SLURLs to both.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/196749412@N02/52547600819/in/dateposted/

Both of those sims sure are jam packed.. hehehe

ETA: I went into dream day and can't handle how people make the whole place bright white.. Just kills my eyes.. I'm trying the other one..

I hate when I can't turn the brightness of a place.. It's just  terrible on my eyes..

ETA: I went to grand to get it.. Much easier on the eyes..  hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

I'm sure there are those that are going to use it.. But for me, I could tell right away that it wasn't for me, Kind of like Kupra isn't for me..

I honestly expected that though.. But looking at it from the front you can bring everything from the sides in pretty good.. Looking at it from the profile, it gets extreme in the butt..  The breasts, there isn't much room in the buoyancy..

I didn't mess with the deformers at all.. I just wanted to see how much play there might be with the sliders.. I had a pretty good idea I wasn't going to be getting it before I even got there..

If it grabs any kind of traffic, it'll be pulling from the Kupra numbers more than anything I would expect..

The battle of the gluteus maximus has begun! \o/

hehehe

• Like 1

Tried the demo and it looks a lot better than I thought it would, I got the shape pretty small though obviously that results in an ass that is still massive and breasts that are close to Mounds size (which is a mod for Reborn I wear quite a bit anyway). It is much nice than Kupra. I don't see that many clothes at the event though, and nothing I would really wear. I see Petrichor on the list of designers for this, they are one of my favourite creators, so if they release stuff for it, I would be very happy. But I would want to see nice lingerie for this body, and some body skins developed especially for it, unless there are some already? My current one got all weird and distorted when I tried the demo on.

• Like 1

So I played around with it last night. I’m a little conflicted. I think it’s a good body, i was a little surprised. I ended up with a shape that looked like my avi got a boob job, tummy tuck and a bbl, but started letting go. You’re probably thinking that’s bad, but I thought it looked nice. I liked the imperfectness of it. Hard to describe. I don’t think you can get slim thick with it like Kupra, but that’s not a bad thing.

I had a hard time finding a decent skin for it, which is kind of a problem. After hunting for a skin I went to bed. I didn’t try Maitreya feet, but it only has high heel and flat feet. Lelutka and Genus heads work. Those are my thoughts so far. The built in deformers were nice. If you want small boobs and butt; not for you…obvs.

Overall, it made me go “huh…” and want to play with it some more. So, I will.

• Like 2

I got bored and wanted to see how it compared to some of the other bodies that I have, as far as visible triangles, while using the Firestorm viewer..

I didn't test them with all the bodies I have like slink and the older Bellezas and others.. I'm  a little bored, not a lot bored.. hehehe

The ones that come with detachable hands and feet, I did with and without.. I left Peach at the top because it has the added demo brand tags  so they added to the numbers.. The rest are ranked in order  of lowest to highest visible triangles, with the raw system body at the top at 0.00

I'm also not sure what the m^2 numbers mean measuring wise, but I put them in there anyways.

ETA: Grabbed the INITHIUM Kupra demo and put it right under the Peach body because Kupra has 6 demo tags adding to it's numbers as well..

Raw System Body
Complexity 1600
VisTris    0.00
EstMaxTris 0.00
     53 m^2
----------------
Peach Body without feet and hands, with 2 demo tags
Complexity 4877
VisTris    97.72k
EstMaxTris 92.82k
     53 m^2

Peach Body with feet and hands combo with plus demotags
Complexity 11011
VisTris    222.34k
EstMaxTris 191.27k
     83 m^2
-----------------
INITHIUM Kupra Body Demo - plus 6 demo tags
Complexity  6598
VisTris     519.82k
EstMaxTris  462.96k
     96 m^2
-----------------
Maitreya Body
Complexity  6598
VisTris     176.37k
EstMaxTris  152.51k
     96 m^2
-----------------
Ebody Reborn Body
Complexity  4554
VisTris     204.39
EstMaxTris  168.01
     84 m^2
-----------------
KalHene Erika Body
Complexity 5408
VisTris    210.91k
EstMaxTris 199.94k
     81 m^2
-----------------
LucyBody
Complexity  10222
VisTris     216.11k
EstMaxTris  197.33k
     103 m^2
-----------------
PRIMA Elite
Complexity  7138  
VisTris     380.55k
EstMaxTris  298.78k
     121 m^2
-----------------
GenX SLUV Body
Complexity 12624
VisTris    459.66k    
EstMaxTris 413.52k
    162 m^2
-----------------
Legacy Body Female with hands and feet
Complexity  15626
VisTris     767.45k
EstMaxTris  670.53k
      43 m^2

Legacy Body without hands and feet
Complexity  10600
VisTris     219.98k   
EstMaxTris  65.97
      41^m2

Final results of this test is, Me realizing I have way too many mesh bodies.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:59 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I got bored and wanted to see how it compared to some of the other bodies that I have, as far as visible triangles, while using the Firestorm viewer..

I didn't test them with all the bodies I have like slink and the older Bellezas and others.. I'm  a little bored, not a lot bored.. hehehe

The ones that come with detachable hands and feet, I did with and without.. I left Peach at the top because it has the added demo brand tags  so they added to the numbers.. The rest are ranked in order  of lowest to highest visible triangles, with the raw system body at the top at 0.00

I'm also not sure what the m^2 numbers mean measuring wise, but I put them in there anyways.

ETA: Grabbed the INITHIUM Kupra demo and put it right under the Peach body because Kupra has 6 demo tags adding to it's numbers as well..

Raw System Body
Complexity 1600
VisTris    0.00
EstMaxTris 0.00
     53 m^2
----------------
Peach Body without feet and hands, with 2 demo tags
Complexity 4877
VisTris    97.72k
EstMaxTris 92.82k
     53 m^2

Peach Body with feet and hands combo with plus demotags
Complexity 11011
VisTris    222.34k
EstMaxTris 191.27k
     83 m^2
-----------------
INITHIUM Kupra Body Demo - plus 6 demo tags
Complexity  6598
VisTris     519.82k
EstMaxTris  462.96k
     96 m^2
-----------------
Maitreya Body
Complexity  6598
VisTris     176.37k
EstMaxTris  152.51k
     96 m^2
-----------------
Ebody Reborn Body
Complexity  4554
VisTris     204.39
EstMaxTris  168.01
     84 m^2
-----------------
KalHene Erika Body
Complexity 5408
VisTris    210.91k
EstMaxTris 199.94k
     81 m^2
-----------------
LucyBody
Complexity  10222
VisTris     216.11k
EstMaxTris  197.33k
     103 m^2
-----------------
PRIMA Elite
Complexity  7138  
VisTris     380.55k
EstMaxTris  298.78k
     121 m^2
-----------------
GenX SLUV Body
Complexity 12624
VisTris    459.66k    
EstMaxTris 413.52k
    162 m^2
-----------------
Legacy Body Female with hands and feet
Complexity  15626
VisTris     767.45k
EstMaxTris  670.53k
      43 m^2

Legacy Body without hands and feet
Complexity  10600
VisTris     219.98k   
EstMaxTris  65.97
      41^m2

Final results of this test is, Me realizing I have way too many mesh bodies.. hehehe

Those Legacy numbers are just obscene.

I really fail to understand the apparent lack of desire to optimise models in SL, I know the people responsible for these products know fine well how to do it well and they have to know where savings can be made... so I just don't get why they don't do it.

We're talking about 3D artists, many of whom presumably are doing work in places outside of SL... not amateurs.  Why is it this way? it's a creaking engine that is clearly incapable of handling this kind of model complexity on the scale that we want it to, LL should be stepping in at this point and saying enough is enough imo.  Enforcing some degree of responsibility standards on creators could make a world of difference to peoples experience of this place, doesn't have to be draconian but stepping in and asking for improvement when a creator pushes out an almost 800k tri character model might be wise.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

The bonus is, no tiny calves!

I felt like the calves and ankles are more or less similar to Kupra or Reborn (meaning they are really small compared to thighs). Of all curvy bodies I think only Belleza had proportional calves, other go for a more cartoonish look.

On the subject of Peach body, it seems to me like most people who wear it have a nearly identical shape that they happen to love. I've played a bit with the demo, and it's not my cup of tea. Despite the limitations, it was possible to slim down Kupra quite a bit, but Peach is pretty much locked into whatever shape the mesh itself has, kind of like Cinn&Chai. I was able to achieve a curvy petite look with Kups on my alt, but Peach butt is much bigger, and that's it. I'd still prefer a more flexible body even for curvy looks, because some sliders just don't respond how they should or don't respond at all. 

Looks like this body is a love or hate thing, has found it's niche, but I don't expect some (if not many) bigger designers to ever rig for it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sissi Slacker said:

Looks like this body is a love or hate thing, has found it's niche, but I don't expect some (if not many) bigger designers to ever rig for it.

I agree it’s definitely going to be a love or hate thing. But then again, so was (is) Kupra. You’re right, though it’s not as scalable as Kupra. In my opinion it does pull off a proportionately thick woman very well. I managed to pull that off with it, at least in my opinion I did.

image.png.243544eaadf07f09322ca0f5fe277f4e.png

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sissi Slacker said:

I felt like the calves and ankles are more or less similar to Kupra or Reborn (meaning they are really small compared to thighs). Of all curvy bodies I think only Belleza had proportional calves, other go for a more cartoonish look.

Honestly, I think Erika has all the bodies beat in the legs and butt department..

I don't think I've ever been able to pull off a good Flo Jo body before.. hehehe

The legs on Erika are just Pow Pow.. hehehe

52546569200_822aae521a_h.jpg

52546091596_970a92b859_h.jpg

• Like 6

I'm seeign quite a bit of things for the Peach body at Cake Day.. I think Cake Day is like one of the best events there is.. Some good creators show up there with some really nice styles..

ETA: Let me change that to A LOT of Peach stuff.. I mean just about every vendor I have zoomed in on I see peach and I'm almost done looking at them.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm seeign quite a bit of things for the Peach body at Cake Day.. I think Cake Day is like one of the best events there is.. Some good creators show up there with some really nice styles..

ETA: Let me change that to A LOT of Peach stuff.. I mean just about every vendor I have zoomed in on I see peach and I'm almost done looking at them.. hehehe

I don’t think it’s going to explode like Kupra did. I think it’s going to be a nice alternative to it though, they were smart making the hands and feet compatible with Maitreya so shoes and rangz and nails won’t be much of a problem.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I don’t think it’s going to explode like Kupra did. I think it’s going to be a nice alternative to it though, they were smart making the hands and feet compatible with Maitreya so shoes and rangz and nails won’t be much of a problem.

I was just letting anyone know that might have the body, that the Cake Day event, Just about every vendor has Peach body version of the outfits and other things.. They may want to give a look over there, there is a lot of nice outfits and things.

Ya, it's way too early to know how this body is going to do.. I was just really surprised at seeing so much things there for it.. For a moment there, I thought there might have been something special going on for the Peach body for as much stuff as I seen for it... hehehe

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

For a moment there, I thought there might have been something special going on for the Peach body for as much stuff as I seen for it...

That's right, they dedicated this round of DreamDay to Peach and clothes for it, it's even been called PeachDay lol. The body was released at this event, so it makes sense that they wanted to provide more clothes for it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sissi Slacker said:

That's right, they dedicated this round of DreamDay to Peach and clothes for it, it's even been called PeachDay lol. The body was released at this event, so it makes sense that they wanted to provide more clothes for it.

This is the Cake Day event that I was referring to.. A different event that doesn't even have the Peach body being released there.. Cake Day pops up every two months and it's December round started on the 13th.. The Peach came out on the 6th.

That's why I was like Wow, there sure is a lot of Peach body stuff here.. So much that i was looking around for the body..It's not there.. hehehe

So that's kind of a good a sign  for the body..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

This is the Cake Day event that I was referring to..

Oh, I've mixed up these "Day" events. They both have similar aesthetic and sometimes the same designers, so Peach is going to be popular there. A lot of people haven't even heard about BBL/Impressions body, but you can consistently find some clothes for it there.

Edited by Sissi Slacker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.