What does a Linden dollar look like?

Istelathis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

But now they have two dollar bills.

The U.S. has had $2 bills since its first days as a nation, but they have rarely been popular, except as an oddity.  Still ( yes, I looked it up  ), the Federal Reserve estimates that there are  2.7 billion dollars worth of $2 bills as of 2020, or about 1.4 billion physical $2 bills.  I know we're capable of spending that much in an afternoon these days, but it still sounds like a lot of money to me.  :)

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I'm pretty sure that one (or both) of these were on the money trees.

Yes, I'm fairly sure it is too. There's a very narrow time gap here though. From what I can see, Aley's Linden Dollar texture can't have been made earlier than November 2007 and the Wolfhaven money tree used it or a very similar one at least as early as late January 2008. They must have moved fast if it really is the same texture.

On 10/22/2022 at 5:33 PM, Rolig Loon said:
On 10/22/2022 at 5:22 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

But now they have two dollar bills.

The U.S. has had $2 bills since its first days as a nation, but they have rarely been popular, except as an oddity.  Still ( yes, I looked it up  ), the Federal Reserve estimates that there are  2.7 billion dollars worth of $2 bills as of 2020, or about 1.4 billion physical $2 bills.

20-30 years ago when I went, US $2 bills were still produced and used mostly because $2 was a common bet / prize amount at horse racing tracks. Otherwise the $2 bill would have died out  much earlier. Basically: the track betting workers had a supply of "new at the time" $2 bills as change and prize money for successful horse racing bets.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.