2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I do this all the time. Manually changing texture repeats to "1.000" didn't fix it?

Why did I never thought about this in all these years?
🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Owning a good wrench set can't be a bad thing IMHO.

Yep! Even though the wrench was actually with the drum..

Fast forward to this weekend, and another drum came..also with its own wrench attached..

You start to see how I got away without having a wrench set* all these years.  

* I tend to use "adjustable wrenches", and locking "Vice-Grip" wrenches more often than not.  But "socket wrench" sets get used often. 

Edited by Love Zhaoying
"away" not "aware", added info
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 9:30 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I was downing tablespoons of raw unfiltered honey when my throat was raw.. I swear that does wonders for throats..

I'm gonna try the other things you mentioned also. Thank you :D

20 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Stop me if I have mentioned this before (I have ) but I still swear by vaporized propylene glycol as the best remedy against a wide array of potential respiratory ailments. Best used if it is just coming on but also may well prevent it from getting too bad due to its anti-bacterial and viral efficacy.

Propylene glycol inactivates respiratory viruses and prevents airborne transmission

Ok I stand corrected from coming across a new/old remedy which involves breathing in vaporized/nebulized salt water solution as research and old wisdom has proven it has an anti-viral, anti-bacterial effect in the respiratory system. My Pet peeve would be why noone knew the efficacy of such a simple remedy where it even is said to minimize the effect of the Covid!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Ok I stand corrected from coming across a new/old remedy which involves breathing in vaporized/nebulized salt water solution as research and old wisdom has proven it has an anti-viral, anti-bacterial effect in the respiratory system. My Pet peeve would be why noone knew the efficacy of such a simple remedy where it even is said to minimize the effect of the Covid!

Peeve: I believe most people are even unaware of the basic benefits of "gargling" with warm salt-water (for sore throat, post-dental surgery, etc.).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I believe most people are even unaware of the basic benefits of "gargling" with warm salt-water (for sore throat, post-dental surgery, etc.).

My responding peeve: I guess there is no money to be made in such simple solutions so they are not well promoted.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

My responding peeve: I guess there is no money to be made in such simple solutions so they are not well promoted.

Peeve: AFAIK, breathing saline with a nebulizer is a "basic" treatment for many with different issues (whether or not it "treats" disease or just reduces symptoms).  I myself breathed specific medicines with the old style large compressor nebulizer (when "nebulizer" was a brand!) as a "cub".

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Using salt water solution as a nose spray is pretty common over here fighting a cold. Always has been.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

Garlic also has anti-bacterial/anti-viral properties.  I take it regularly and double up if I feel as if I'm coming down with something.  There are a lot of natural substances with beneficial properties.  None of them will CURE anything AFAIK but they may decrease the severity and length of an illness.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Garlic also has anti-bacterial/anti-viral properties.  I take it regularly and double up if I feel as if I'm coming down with something.  There are a lot of natural substances with beneficial properties.  None of them will CURE anything AFAIK but they may decrease the severity and length of an illness.

Peeve: "Kiss me, I just ate a bunch of garlic!"

5 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Ok I stand corrected from coming across a new/old remedy which involves breathing in vaporized/nebulized salt water solution as research and old wisdom has proven it has an anti-viral, anti-bacterial effect in the respiratory system.

I have a saline gel that I use for my nose when it gets really dry or irritated -- Denver has no real humidity to speak of, so dryness is something we are always fighting.

I've not heard of it for the lungs though -- definitely going to check that out.

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Garlic also has anti-bacterial/anti-viral properties. 

I've always said that my garlic intake is what keeps me from getting every little thing that my husband brings home from his office.  I typically get sick about one out of ever 10 times that he gets sick.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I typically get sick about one our of ever 10 times that he gets sick.  

Peeve: I haven't gotten sick in so long, I can't even remember when it was. (Probably around when COVID first started a few years ago.)  And now I've gone and jinxed it. Peeved!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: AFAIK, breathing saline with a nebulizer is a "basic" treatment for many with different issues (whether or not it "treats" disease or just reduces symptoms).  I myself breathed specific medicines with the old style large compressor nebulizer (when "nebulizer" was a brand!) as a "cub".

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Using salt water solution as a nose spray is pretty common over here fighting a cold. Always has been.

Though I have heard of the nebulizing saline treatment, I just had not associated it with the salt component. Where I first realized it, was when it was mentioned about using a hypertonic saline solution which is about 3x the level of salt of a regular saline solution.

My mother who had chronic asthma when she was young living in Dordrecht, never heard or was never treated with it, though perhaps living as close as she did then to the sea, it wasn't seen as providing any more benefit then she already got from living that close by. I read yesterday that Europe does now promote salt solutions much more then here in Canada.

Peeve: so many medically simple solutions to learn.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Though I have heard of the nebulizing saline treatment, I just had not associated it with the salt component. Where I first realized it, was when it was mentioned about using a hypertonic saline solution which is about 3x the level of salt of a regular saline solution.

My mother who had chronic asthma when she was young living in Dordrecht, never heard or was never treated with it, though perhaps living as close as she did then to the sea, it wasn't seen as providing any more benefit then she already got from living that close by. I read yesterday that Europe does now promote salt solutions much more then here in Canada.

Peeve: being "salty" has its benefits.

48 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Peeve: The big pharmaceutical industries always want to sell their expensive treatments. They try to push doctors too, to prescribe their stuff.

Of course they have achieved wonderful things over the years, but they also push their treatments until goes no more. Sometimes even when studies prove that they don't work that great at all.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I haven't gotten sick in so long, I can't even remember when it was. (Probably around when COVID first started a few years ago.)  And now I've gone and jinxed it. Peeved!!

Before the Covid days, I hadn't been sick enough to be 'down for days' since more than a decade earlier when I smoked and got bronchitis every year.

When Covid came around, I managed to avoid it until fall of 2022.  Since then, I tend to pick up the crud my husband brings home on a more frequent basis, but my version of it is usually nothing more than a sniffle or so - thus not really impacting my life at all.  This one really hit me hard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Before the Covid days, I hadn't been sick enough to be 'down for days' since more than a decade earlier when I smoked and got bronchitis every year.

I almost told the exact same story!! Quit smoking in 2000 maybe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think I'm going to stick with burning my sage and sweetgrass and retaining my unburnt membranes. 

No way in hell I'm ever putting salt up my nose any more than I'd pour it on an open wound.

tumblr_mdgdetXNew1qlt3uj.gif

8 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

No way in hell I'm ever putting salt up my nose any more than I'd pour it on an open wound.

My family doctor says that the salt water based nose spays are less harmful and aggressive than all the others.
That guy studied medicine. I believe him.
If you decide to use something else, kudos for you. More\all roads lead to Rome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I think I'm going to stick with burning my sage and sweetgrass and retaining my unburnt membranes. 

Yah that idea made me cringe too no matter how beneficial they might say it is. Breathing in the vapour through the mouth seems ok though.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

My family doctor says that the salt water based nose spays are less harmful and aggressive than all the others.
If you decide to use something else, kudos for you. More\all roads lead to Rome.

Nasal irrigation has been around for thousands of years.  The use of neti pots or similar devices, was an part of early yoga practices.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I don't use nose sprays. They either don't work for me, or they over dry my sinuses. So I stick with what I know does work and doesn't cause more damage.

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Nasal irrigation has been around for thousands of years.  The use of neti pots or similar devices, was an part of early yoga practices.  

I tried an electric Neti device ("Navage") at my doctor's urging. It was pretty complicated to use (pressurize, etc.). Easier to just go get a normal old fashioned neti pot if I decide again one day.

• Like 1

Received another email invitation to NextDoor today.

Performed "Unsubscribe" ritual.

Sent email to NextDoor:

"I find your service annoying, because people use it for annoying reasons. How can I completely stop getting invitations?

MAKE IT STOP, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD. MAKE IT STOP."

• Like 1

Peeve.  Full-bright anything but especially hair.  Unless you're A noob and then I'll give you a pass.

Man hands.  Not men's hands but men's hands on female avatars.  Did you miss that Seinfeld episode?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1