I miss Lucy… my female alt.

vanettda Lassard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the summer I killed my two other alts, Alma Palmira and Lucy Rust. I deleted both of their accounts, after a sobering health scare. It was an attempt to simplify my SL life, and so far it has worked wonderfully. I don’t feel so psychologically divided, my avi is more me and less mask-like. I’m enjoying my focus on building and exploring. It’s just great.

However, I really miss Lucy. I loved the clothing options, the body meshes (I wore Belleza and would be all over this new update.) I loved shopping. She was definitely more social, and she was into the Ds community — something that I have given up for lent. I didn’t use her for dating, or SLex, or anything interaction of that sort, but she dressed in a manner that announced, “come hither yon plebe and worship at the patrician fountain of my prurient deviations.” In a word, Lucy was larger than life.

While I could certainly adopt this persona in my current form, it just doesn’t fit my true laid-back, laissez faire personality. For me, shopping for male clothes is an obtuse diversion bordering on painful, and all male mesh bodies are pretty much the same, 

So… there you have it. I have focus, my distractions are minimal, and I wear three outfits pretty much all the time. I love my current SL life, but I miss my Lucy avatar and her vibrant colors. Does anybody else have a nostalgic longing for avatars past or am I just a schizophrenic looking for a new mental mesh?

Edited by vanettda Lassard
  • Like 1

I have never given up one of my alts.  I regularly use all 5 accounts for various moods.  The closest I've gotten to missing one is when I log one in and then find myself in a situation that would be perfect for different account.

It's okay to mourn the loss of a personality that you enjoyed playing.  No matter the reason you gave her up, you can, if you want, pull a Dr Frankenstein and bring her back to life.

/me tries an evil laugh and just ends up with a squeaky wheeeeeeeze.

• Haha 1

I also suggest submitting a support ticket to re-activate the account.  I was able to successfully get back an alt account I had deleted, and even though it had been some months from when I deleted the account to when I requested it back, all of her inventory was still intact when the account was reactivated.

• Like 3

My first account (in 2006) had a name that was closely connected with my then-boyfriend (RL). When we split up a year later, I deleted the account out of a combination of depression and spite.

I have regretted that decision ever since (especially now that name changes are a thing). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vanettda Lassard said:

Does anybody else have a nostalgic longing for avatars past or am I just a schizophrenic looking for a new mental mesh?

About 6 months after I made my first accoumt, I got sucked into World of Warcraft, and I forgot about SL. When a friend persuaded me back in a couple of years later, I couldnt remember my original password, and I couldn't figure out which of my several email addresses I had used, so I just made a new account. In about 2014 I decided to submit a support ticket to try and recover my original account, and was successful and, ironically, it turned out that the associated email address was one I still had so I could have recovered it myself anyway. Even after 7 years, his inventory was still intact (but terrifying).

He's now co-landowner with me, I log him in now and again to steal his L$500-a-week stipend. 

I have made and deleted many accounts in the past, most of which I made purely for a funny name, back when lists of last names were originally still a thing.  Rusty Raza and Maybe Ordinary are the only two whose names I still remember, plus Ryder Palfrey, which I still have. Only one person has ever got the joke.

No, I don't miss the ones I deleted. But I would miss the ones I've got now.

• Like 1

This was my second avatar.   I've thought about pulling out my first one and fixing her up - but refer to thread about tough times and spending less in Second Life....   :)

Sounds like you might be able to get Lucy back -  sounds like it's worth a try!!!   Good luck.  :)

• Like 1

Thanks for all your comments😊 Yeah I could get Lucy back. For me, the longing is more nostalgic. I miss being 17 in real life, but I wouldn't want to relive the teen-age angst. I miss Lucy, I miss her color and boldness, and the shopping I could do under her possession. (No, a 59 yr old six foot-three inch, barrel-chested man with a white beard and hair, playing Barbie is not creepy. I’m Santa. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.) Overall, however,  I like the avi me I’ve become.  

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2022 at 8:53 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You could always submit a support ticket and see if you can recover the account. 

On 10/13/2022 at 11:38 PM, MoiraKathleen said:

I also suggest submitting a support ticket to re-activate the account. 

in most cases it's not needed to create a ticket, it's possible to reactivate it yourself on the alt's accountpage. When it's needed to create a ticket that will be shown there.
Also of course when the page isnt active anymore ( in some very old cases, LL did really delete the accounts)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Support will help you to recover accounts.  If you don't have access to the email address, or the secret question etc support will try to help you verify your claim to an account and if they can verify then they'll help you to reset passwords, and reset your security question etc

Try it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.