★ ★ ★ STARBUTTS COFFEE looking for female/male baristas! ★ ★ ★

HexsKatt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

★★★ Expect More Than Coffee! ★★★

image.thumb.png.b79df4727e9e320d87708ef9f8bc79c4.png

Starbutts, literally... and coffee!

From the beginning, Starbutts set out to be a different kind of Second Life experience. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection...through butts!

We're not just passionate purveyors of coffee, but everything else that goes with a full and rewarding coffeehouse experience with our staff and concepted events.

We’re a neighbourhood gathering place, a part of the daily routine – and we couldn’t be happier about it. Get to know us and you’ll see: we are so much more than what we brew. We make sure everything we do is through the lens of humanity – from our commitment to the highest quality coffee... and of course, butts in the world, to the way we engage with our customers and communities to do business responsibly.

Starbutts Coffee are currently looking forward to expand it's barista team to be ready for the grand opening! If you are interested in, please fill out the application form below wisely. (It will take approximately 1 to 2 minutes) And we will be in contact! ★

Application: https://forms.gle/Aefye23ZiGA4b79v9

Can't wait to see you in our team and start brewing...coffee!

If you do have any questions, please feel free to contact the manager inworld: Katt Harcourt

Inworld Group: https://world.secondlife.com/group/a5dce36f-6784-a8f2-1012-b17e7ac46b63?lang=en
Landmark: maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/StoryBrook/138/42/1001
Flickr:
www.flickr.com/groups/starbuttscoffee/

★★★

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The logo looks heavily modified, so probably just fine as satire.

This is the OG logo:

Logos | Starbucks Creative Expression

And here is there's logo:

2ac70a798dbdaec65d83bf2649707f79.png

The mermaid tail on both the sides and the crown w/star on the top is exactly the same. Not to mention, they changed StarBUCKS to StarBUTTS which IMO is a lil insulting as well.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, karenx0 said:

isn't this against the TOS or illegal or something?

No, not unless Starbucks wants to issue a DMCA and start legal shenanigans over it, and if they did and Starbutts pushed back and took it to court (which they probably wouldn't because of the upfront costs associated with that) Starbutts would probably* win.

https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/four-factors/

*I'm not a lawyer, not legal advise.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, karenx0 said:

The mermaid tail on both the sides and the crown w/star on the top is exactly the same.

The "tips" on the mermaid "tail" look completely different.

They are different shapes. 

On the Starbutts logo, it looks more like "angel wings" on either side of the back.   

Only the wavy lines look similar.

..and I have vision problems, but I can see it plainly.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, HexsKatt said:

★★★ Expect More Than Coffee! ★★★

image.thumb.png.b79df4727e9e320d87708ef9f8bc79c4.png

Starbutts, literally... and coffee!

From the beginning, Starbutts set out to be a different kind of Second Life experience. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection...through butts!

We're not just passionate purveyors of coffee, but everything else that goes with a full and rewarding coffeehouse experience with our staff and concepted events.

We’re a neighbourhood gathering place, a part of the daily routine – and we couldn’t be happier about it. Get to know us and you’ll see: we are so much more than what we brew. We make sure everything we do is through the lens of humanity – from our commitment to the highest quality coffee... and of course, butts in the world, to the way we engage with our customers and communities to do business responsibly.

Starbutts Coffee are currently looking forward to expand it's barista team to be ready for the grand opening! If you are interested in, please fill out the application form below wisely. (It will take approximately 1 to 2 minutes) And we will be in contact! ★

Application: https://forms.gle/Aefye23ZiGA4b79v9

Can't wait to see you in our team and start brewing...coffee!

If you do have any questions, please feel free to contact the manager inworld: Katt Harcourt

Inworld Group: https://world.secondlife.com/group/a5dce36f-6784-a8f2-1012-b17e7ac46b63?lang=en
Landmark: maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/StoryBrook/138/42/1001
Flickr:
www.flickr.com/groups/starbuttscoffee/

★★★

@Rowan Amoredid it better

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, karenx0 said:

Seriously? You duped the OG Starbucks Cafe name and their logo as well? @Rowan Amore isn't this against the TOS or illegal or something?

Not sure why you dragged me into this but...pretty sure they aren't selling over-priced coffee so who cares.  I've seen pseudo-logos in SL for years.  Garbage Pail kids made a killing in RL off the back of Cabbage Patch kids.

Now,  if you're using the exact same logo...say, the Nike swoosh, LV symbol or anything that looks exactly like a Disney character...that would be a problem.  BTW, I've seen all of those on items sold at major events so I guess it's not much of an LL issue but a issue for the RL brand to do something about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, karenx0 said:

Seriously? You duped the OG Starbucks Cafe name and their logo as well?
isn't this against the TOS or illegal or something?

They aren't the first person in SL to use a modified version of the Starbucks brand in SL i remember seeing stuff like this well over 10 years ago before the road network in Jeogeot was fully built out travelling the area round land a friend had in Seokcheon

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not sure why you dragged me into this but...pretty sure they aren't selling over-priced coffee so who cares.  I've seen pseudo-logos in SL for years.  Garbage Pail kids made a killing in RL off the back of Cabbage Patch kids.

Now,  if you're using the exact same logo...say, the Nike swoosh, LV symbol or anything that looks exactly like a Disney character...that would be a problem.  BTW, I've seen all of those on items sold at major events so I guess it's not much of an LL issue but a issue for the RL brand to do something about.

Not dragging, I tag you most of the times, because you have more knowledge, it's kinda like I look upto you ^_^

woah woah woah.. karen sounds like she needs a delicate coffee.. to chil her tiddies a little. is she real? or larping as a meme? cant tell those days anymore.. anyway. ya all welcome to check us out on the 8th of october, we celebrating the cafe opening with some techno and sexy butts.  yes karen, even you are welcomed. bring your friends too, if you got any.

peace out

🍩 🍩 🍩 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, littleplumbum said:

woah woah woah.. karen sounds like she needs a delicate coffee.. to chil her tiddies a little. is she real? or larping as a meme? cant tell those days anymore.. anyway. ya all welcome to check us out on the 8th of october, we celebrating the cafe opening with some techno and sexy butts.  yes karen, even you are welcomed. bring your friends too, if you got any.

peace out

🍩 🍩 🍩 

And you posted exactly when karen came back. This is all a marketing thing, I got you!
The starbucks meme, the karen complaining etc.. and you got the attention from the forum!
Good job!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Antonioo Giano said:

And you posted exactly when karen came back. This is all a marketing thing, I got you!
The starbucks meme, the karen complaining etc.. and you got the attention from the forum!
Good job!

i wish it was the case, but we aint that subtile.. 

52 minutes ago, littleplumbum said:

woah woah woah.. karen sounds like she needs a delicate coffee.. to chil her tiddies a little. is she real?

to be more correct, i'm not sure it's still in the guidelines, but i'm pretty sure that in the past, brands, look like brands, names leading or hinting on real brands, were nót allowed. The use of logo's were also not allowed. But.... only the rightfull owner could/can take actions to get it removed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.