Getting around - Show us your wheels!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I must confess I am not sure this topic already excists, excisted on the old forum or if it just excisted in my brain.

If so, please ignore, delete, etc.

ANYWAY, this topic is all about how you get around in SL, what vehicle do you use?

Show us your car, truck, bicycle, plane, etc.

But also tell us why you choose it, why you love it, etc.

Here are my vehicles;

Snapshot_099.jpg

This is my Dixi and I LOVE it.

The car is based on the very first BMW ever made, it was created in the late 1920s in Germany and I had it especially made for our 1920s Berlin sim.

There are a lot of different versions, different colours, some with luggage on the roof, openable roof, etc.

It has lovely details such as a direction pointer thingy that pops out on the side of the car when you co around the corner, you can click the steering wheel to hear a vintage horn, it seats 4 people (!), openable doors, foldable seats AND you can drive it in mouselook!!!

It is awesome.

Realistic scale too and just very very lovely.

My other vehicle;

5840157879_871fa0da8c_z.jpg

Sometimes I need to transport heavy stuff like beer barrels and prims, they don't fit in my dixi, so I use my AAA truck.

Again realistic scale, very well made, great sounds, doors open and one truck gives you many options, many different textures and you can even add snow!

Maybe not exactly what would come to mind when you’re asking about ‘vehicles’… but I couldn’t resist.  Looove it!  I get a kick out of it because of all the long summer days spent at the beach sailing, and floating, and napping, and ahhhhh.  When I learned to sail with my Dad I used to get the ‘If you ain’t tiltin’ you ain’t trying’ talk even though getting way up in the air was scary to begin with. 

I mostly sailed when the wind and waves were on the less sporty side, but had my share of tip overs and spills.  This SL ‘vehicle’ of mine brings back all those smiles and butterflies whenever I let it out of the inventory closet.

Fair weather and clear sailing to you all! :smileyvery-happy:

Sail the Day Away.jpg

As a motorbike fan I have a good collection of mostly race bikes, this was the first serious bike I bought and probably my favorite to set some fast laps at the tracks.

Snapshot_113.png

Btw, that 1920s Berlin sim looks great, ill go for a visit next time Im inworld!

Here's me taking a midnight ride on my MLCC Dyna Classic. I like it the best of my vehicles because of how it looks, and how relatively easy it is to control. Sure, it winds up in the ocean like all my other vehicles, but maybe not quite as often as the others!

Snapshot_001.png

Ride_Bike.jpg

My lovely self made bicycle. Very comfy to ride. This bike has seen most linden roads. Riding this always makes me very happy.

Ride_Paku.jpg

And here is my cute car. Sadly this car has bad engine script and prims are no-mod so i can't put self made script in it.

My first and only bike, I test drove quite a few before I decided on this. Handles well and has a fly mode which is handy when you end up in a ditch :-).  Often go for a casual ride around the sim on Sunday afternoons, winds me down before the beginning of a new working week.

19MC SLR200_2.jpg

Love this car because it's has a classic vintage style and I can change the colour from pink to British racing green (makes it go faster :matte-motes-wink:). It's easy to drive too!

Manji

NewCar_ForbModelH.jpg

Got a new car yesterday. Discovered that the insane difficulty related to driving in SL was related to the car I'd had, not to driving in SL. :)

This thng is a breeze to drive.

Forb Model H, on the Shermerville bridge. Trying to drive between my land in Shermerville to my land on the far far far end of PG Bay City. :)

JoJo Moeleneaux wrote:

Love this car because it's has a classic vintage style and I can change the colour from pink to British racing green (makes it go faster :matte-motes-wink:). It's easy to drive too!

Manji

You're right! It's much faster in BRG :-). I love mine.

Dillon

@Jo: First, I absolutely love that delivery truck. Beautifully done.

Second, there was a thread much like this on the old GD called "How Do You Travel in SL?" or something very close to it, but It was not just about wheels—there were airplanes and possibly even lavender flying saucers. Even so, it was a very cool thread (Xiulan started it, I think) and included a picture comparing SL shoes to RL shoes that is still one of my favorite pictures of all time.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

JoJo Moeleneaux wrote:

Manji

You're right! It's much faster in BRG :-). I love mine.

Dillon

I'll race ya Dillon, pink vs BRG :matte-motes-wink:

This thread has inspired me to do even more shopping for vehicles... :)

my_vehicles.jpg

So far I'm up to these 5 (and the freebies I've had before). But I've got my eye on at least 3 more... :)

There's a spaceship and a boat in the background if you're wondering why I mentioned 5 - but the boat behind the spaceship is not mine. It belongs to a neighbor. Guess I need to build a spacedock now so that ship isn't just sitting on the beach...

And that's my human alt in the foreground. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.