Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

This part is so incredibly irritating. Sure, maybe a PG version would be some extra work. But making it modifiable is a single click. Get it out now and then maybe make a really easy-to-use variant later on!

Meanwhile, Erika works fine with tails. Whether PG or absolutely not - your tail will still twitch, wiggle, bounce, animate, flick, bob, and boogie.

Strange oversight on Belleza's part, considering how much furry stuffs exists for Freya.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Meanwhile, Erika works fine with tails. Whether PG or absolutely not - your tail will still twitch, wiggle, bounce, animate, flick, bob, and boogie.

Strange oversight on Belleza's part, considering how much furry stuffs exists for Freya.

Reborn works fine with them as well. While I have Erika, and it's legs are nice, I personally shelved it as I just haven't been able to get a shape I like on it. Even with the deformers.
I don't think Belleza's creator was really thinking straight with this move.. Freya was big in the furry community on SL once upon a time.. so it's definitely a head scratcher.

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

I just received the update for both Gen X bodies. 

From update notecard: 

►BODY
NEW PG versions included (Bento Tails/attachments fix) 
NEW Modifiable versions included
NEW Body Shapes (7)
NEW Body Alphas (4)
NEW Nipple Textures
FIXED  Applier Layer Clipping

►HUD
NEW Material Reset Button - Allows users to clear any material appliers
FIXED Ankle Lock
FIXED Autohide Nail Bug

►DEV Kits
NEW Autohide Kit
NEW Feet Changer Kit
FIXED Applier Kit

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/21/2023 at 10:51 PM, PJBear Bitey said:

I just received the update for both Gen X bodies. 

From update notecard: 

►BODY
NEW PG versions included (Bento Tails/attachments fix) 
NEW Modifiable versions included
NEW Body Shapes (7)
NEW Body Alphas (4)
NEW Nipple Textures
FIXED  Applier Layer Clipping

►HUD
NEW Material Reset Button - Allows users to clear any material appliers
FIXED Ankle Lock
FIXED Autohide Nail Bug

►DEV Kits
NEW Autohide Kit
NEW Feet Changer Kit
FIXED Applier Kit

I'm honestly shocked. Good on them though for getting it out in a decent amount of time.
I'm rarely seeing things for these bodies these days.. Granted i'm not clicking everything in every event to check demos, so i'm sure there's still things I miss.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

I'm honestly shocked. Good on them though for getting it out in a decent amount of time.
I'm rarely seeing things for these bodies these days.. Granted i'm not clicking everything in every event to check demos, so i'm sure there's still things I miss.

Yeah me too. I'm still waiting for the body to pick up decent support

7 hours ago, Ezbeharra said:

I don't have a Gen X but I'm watching with interest and I've started to notice things here and there at the stores I visit. Maybe a slow ramp up is still possible. I hope so, I really do like the body.

I wish we had the ability to give away something we aren't gonna be using to someone else that wanted  them.. I would give you mine.. I honestly would.. hehehe

That would be such a useful Premium Perk.. Give away our things we bought rather than throwing them out or letting them clog our inventory..

• Like 4

Honestly, it depends on which events you go to. Tres Chic, Uber, Kustom9 have a fair amount of clothing for GenX. The Fifty and Level/Equal10, Fameshed had some. Then places like Cosmopolitan and N21 had almost none.

I still see a lot of stuff for Freya/Isis at events, but not GenX. I believe they stopped giving out the kits, so all of those creators that are still pushing out stuff for Freya/Isis probably didn’t get a kit yet, but are showing they can create for Belleza and want one. Now that they updated, they started handing out kits again.

I’ve still been playing around with it, but I’m waiting. I think the price is hurting them more than anything at this point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ezbeharra said:

I was surprised to log in this morning and receive an update for a L$15 product I forgot I even bought, just to include the Gen X versions. Looks like people are actively creating for Gen X on some level.

There is the usual sellers that flock to sell things for as many bodies as they can.. I call them the walmart/target sellers.. hehehehe   You'll find them clogging every Flickr selling their, limited variety, cheap goods at over priced prices.. lol

When a body gets a good variety  of things it will move up pretty good.. That's a big problem for a lot of newer bodies nowadays.. Those really good triple A creators are only going to create for so many bodies because a lot of them do care about the quality.. So a lot of times a body can get swallowed up by the B level sellers that slap things out as the wind blows.

• Like 2

I've been waiting and watching, but I still haven't seen any compelling reasons to make the switch. The price is the obvious thing, but I suppose wearing my current main Maitreya shape when demo-ing Gen X Classic wasn't the best idea as the Gen X molded, almost flawlessly, into the same exact shape I had on. Looked no different from my usual Maitreya form, except in the obvious problem areas (shoulders, etc.). And that stuff, well, I could use deformers if I really cared enough. I don't need to shell out almost 4k (on sale) to fix that.

The tail thing also kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Though it's fixed now, but ONLY for PG - so furries, demons, dragons, crocodiles, whatever are still kind of in a spot if they want to use the built-in adult features.

And the feet - I am still forever confused by the FEET! Hey, the feet look crazy with this skin - oh, that's because you're wearing the custom UV version, switch to SLUV - why...why are we doing that? I have yet to see any foot mods or foot tattoos (is that what it's for?) built around the custom UV.

It's pretty, yes, but I'm trying to reduce my overall dressing confusion - not enhance it. 😩

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I've been waiting and watching, but I still haven't seen any compelling reasons to make the switch. The price is the obvious thing, but I suppose wearing my current main Maitreya shape when demo-ing Gen X Classic wasn't the best idea as the Gen X molded, almost flawlessly, into the same exact shape I had on. Looked no different from my usual Maitreya form, except in the obvious problem areas (shoulders, etc.). And that stuff, well, I could use deformers if I really cared enough. I don't need to shell out almost 4k (on sale) to fix that.

The tail thing also kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Though it's fixed now, but ONLY for PG - so furries, demons, dragons, crocodiles, whatever are still kind of in a spot if they want to use the built-in adult features.

And the feet - I am still forever confused by the FEET! Hey, the feet look crazy with this skin - oh, that's because you're wearing the custom UV version, switch to SLUV - why...why are we doing that? I have yet to see any foot mods or foot tattoos (is that what it's for?) built around the custom UV.

It's pretty, yes, but I'm trying to reduce my overall dressing confusion - not enhance it. 😩

The material layer really turned me off.. Last I heard  it was on the fix list and didn't get fixed.. where the arm meets the shoulder it looks like doll parts and the texture runs right up to the neck line so you end up with a material neck seam line that you can't match up to anything else..

I would buy one for it from This is Wrong or something, but I'm not gonna..  It's mod so maybe there is that, but will that get rid of the doll arms seams?

If the material layer was fixed, I would have probably  tried a little harder to work with it, But  that kind of took the wind out of my sail seeing it still the same..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The material layer really turned me off.. Last I heard  it was on the fix list and didn't get fixed.. where the arm meets the shoulder it looks like doll parts and the texture runs right up to the neck line so you end up with a material neck seam line that you can't match up to anything else..

I would buy one for it from This is Wrong or something, but I'm not gonna..  It's mod so maybe there is that, but will that get rid of the doll arms seams?

If the material layer was fixed, I would have probably  tried a little harder to work with it, But  that kind of took the wind out of my sail seeing it still the same..

Oh wow, I didn't even hear about that issue yet. Weird that I haven't, because I'm always peeking into the Help channel on Discord.

That would annoy me, too, and given their update track record, it might take some time before it's fixed.

They also hinted at a male body now that the first round of updates is out, but honestly, if they price it in the same ballpark, I wouldn't even consider it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh wow, I didn't even hear about that issue yet. Weird that I haven't, because I'm always peeking into the Help channel on Discord.

That would annoy me, too, and given their update track record, it might take some time before it's fixed.

They also hinted at a male body now that the first round of updates is out, but honestly, if they price it in the same ballpark, I wouldn't even consider it.

I was talking about it in this thread awhile back after it came out and put up some pictures of what  was happening.. I was actually into it a lot at the time and then just more and more fell away from it after that..

I have other things that I didn't care for  but could have lived with, but the materials layer just really did it for me..

I believe it was in group chat where I brought it up and someone saying it was on the list.. So who knows really if it even ever was.. Either way, on it or not on it, it doesn't get the butter on my biscuit.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was talking about it in this thread awhile back after it came out.. I was actually into it a lot at the time and then just more and more fell away from it after that..

I have other things that I didn't care for  but could have lived with, but the materials layer just really did it for me..

I believe it was in group chat where I brought it up and someone saying it was on the list.. So who knows really if it even ever was.. Either way, on it or not on it, it doesn't get the butter on my biscuit.. hehehe

Totally understandable. I still rage about Legacy not fixing my alpha glitches (they're fixed on Athletic male and Legacy female I believe, but not the regular male version for some bizarre reason). Though, I got that body at 50% off during a sale which made it the cheapest male body on the grid at the time (pre-Jake sale), so I'm not AS mad as I could be had I paid full price and not received that update. Hmpf. Hopefully your issue is just an oversight and they'll be able to tackle it in the second update (whenever that will be).

Anyhoo, I think Gen X is nice but it came at a time when there's just so many bodies on the grid and creators are already loaded down with rigging work. I see so many store surveys popping up asking what customers need/want. It's unfortunate that bodies don't work like heads - a gabillion of those on the grid doesn't really hurt much (as long as they're Evo X or SLUV), but yeah, body overload is a bit more tedious.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Totally understandable. I still rage about Legacy not fixing my alpha glitches (they're fixed on Athletic male and Legacy female I believe, but not the regular male version for some bizarre reason). Though, I got that body at 50% off during a sale which made it the cheapest male body on the grid at the time (pre-Jake sale), so I'm not AS mad as I could be had I paid full price and not received that update. Hmpf. Hopefully your issue is just an oversight and they'll be able to tackle it in the second update (whenever that will be).

Anyhoo, I think Gen X is nice but it came at a time when there's just so many bodies on the grid and creators are already loaded down with rigging work. I see so many store surveys popping up asking what customers need/want. It's unfortunate that bodies don't work like heads - a gabillion of those on the grid doesn't really hurt much (as long as they're Evo X or SLUV), but yeah, body overload is a bit more tedious.

Well the good thing is, it's mod now, So people can do some things with it.. Maybe we'll see some interesting things come out for it that will ignite some fire..

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Well the good thing is, it's mod now, So people can do some things with it.. Maybe we'll see some interesting things come out for it that will ignite some fire..

I'd be shocked if that made much of a difference outside of the fantasy and furry communities, but maybe I'm wrong on that!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wish we had the ability to give away something we aren't gonna be using to someone else that wanted  them.. I would give you mine.. I honestly would.. hehehe

That would be such a useful Premium Perk.. Give away our things we bought rather than throwing them out or letting them clog our inventory..

If we could transfer no-transfer items to perhaps.. linked accounts(so I could transfer to my other accounts), I would definitely see Premium+ as a good buy. The 2048 home allotment and other little bells and whistles currently don't do it for me, but letting me make use of things I no longer do would flip it completely 180 for me.

On the topic at hand. I'll still wait and sit on said hands to see if more things pop up. If they keep their 30% off price by the time I decide to go for it, i'll do so. If it's back up, no thanks.

Edited by CalypsoJewel
  • Like 4

On 11/27/2022 at 8:34 AM, Cinos Field said:

Along with what Blaise said (and I kinda find that the Slink feet look better too + furry paws for those avatars), I personally also hate wearing unnecessary body parts. I'm not convinced they don't add lag, but it's perhaps a personal thing... anything I'm currently wearing should be visible or used.

But either way for Maitreya it's as simple as providing several versions of the body if they want to make everyone happy without making it moddable. One full body and one you wear with separate body/hands/legs.

The biggest problem with separate feet is the consumption of Attachment Points. Many people complain about hitting the limit.

• Like 1

Being moddable now, I bought the full version of the (classic) body. I will never understand Belleza's scripting. Even stuff like the female-organ animations stop working if you unlink any parts of it, even though there's absolutely no reason that should happen and if the body isn't playing an animation the default state is "gaping wide". Ah well, it's simple enough to script since you have the animations inside the body.

All in all, stripped of what I consider unnecessary parts (YMMV!) the body is 85k triangles, which isn't too bad by SL standards. It's also quite darn beautiful, probably the best shape I've seen for average bodies. That said, it's definitely not worth the full price until there's more clothing support and I frankly have no idea why the price is set so high. 33% off... maybe, if you already have specific compatible outfits in mind.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

I will never understand Belleza's scripting.

Because the scripter they keep commissioning has rarely ever evolved their practice over the years.

And they won't ever seek other talent because they equate their current one as "family", so they're doomed.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Because the scripter they keep commissioning has rarely ever evolved their practice over the years.

And they won't ever seek other talent because they equate their current one as "family", so they're doomed.

Seems like the same thing happened with the skins that come with it and the other things that come with it.

It all seems like its  from way back..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.