PSYCHONAUTS FOR SL CREATIVITY

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I like your interpretations. I'm not sure what Camus meant -- I'd have to be more familiar with his work to make an educated guess. I'm not even completely sure what I meant when I posted it except that what I felt resonated on a deeper, intuitive level before I could put it into words now that you question the meaning yourself.

Creating one's own art or experiencing the art others create is like stepping into a new world...through creating a character in a book, an environmental scene, a new script, a new avatar. It gives new life to what we carry inside, palpable to those who encounter its manifestation.
Through literature and art a new reality comes alive for us to experience, especially when the creator is talented in conveying that world.  
I'd really love to find another book that I just can't put down, stay up way too late and regret it in the morning :)

*Goes off to peruse the unread book stack*

I was just terraforming my land because I'm working on making this really beautiful beach area.. I wanna make it like my own little maya Bay or something similar..

I noticed this  stream i have on is playing good music that really has my creativity flowing and keeping me so into this project..

I didn't really realize it until this SOS song came on.. I'm not really an 80's music person unless it's good music.  Like get the hair bands away from me.. I'm on the other end of that bar..

I usually like soul music. but this song really just opened the door to music that really opened me up.. maybe because it's my aunts and uncles and fathers era and I heard it so much when I was little..

This is really relaxing and thick. by thick I mean, where you can hear so much going on at a time, but working so well together.. I think it helps to distract from the world and really keeps the busy part of the brain busy while the creative side relaxes and does it's thing.. it eats up those multi tasking thoughts I guess is what I mean.. That's the kind of music I'm really enjoying right now that really keeps me on track and lets me get lost in things.

Just listen to it and tell me what you think.

• Like 2

My “zone” aka Home Office is centered on a glass-and steel desk that’s shaped like a “U” w one leg shorter than the other and is set up very minimally. Everything on the desktop has a specific home and I *will* notice if the cat moved anything. When I need to go outside the box, the room is indirectly lit by green neon-ish LED strips, my ceiling fan is spinning on “medium”,  the temp is 72 degrees Fahrenheit, an Lemon/Vanilla scented candle is burning and I have Moby’s “Hotel” ambient playing low.

It works for me and I have evicted someone from my life for messing with that 🙂

image.gif

• Haha 1

to me this is mood related. 

but mostly I start my day with yoga, it definitely helps my mind to relax and get into creative mood. sometimes music in the background.

but what I find most inpsiring are actually short trips to different cities, visiting museums , sometimes even just watching a movie. all that does trigger ideas for me that I then can't wait to bring to life inside SL as part of my clothing creations

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was just terraforming my land because I'm working on making this really beautiful beach area.. I wanna make it like my own little maya Bay or something similar..

I noticed this  stream i have on is playing good music that really has my creativity flowing and keeping me so into this project..

I didn't really realize it until this SOS song came on.. I'm not really an 80's music person unless it's good music.  Like get the hair bands away from me.. I'm on the other end of that bar..

I usually like soul music. but this song really just opened the door to music that really opened me up.. maybe because it's my aunts and uncles and fathers era and I heard it so much when I was little..

This is really relaxing and thick. by thick I mean, where you can hear so much going on at a time, but working so well together.. I think it helps to distract from the world and really keeps the busy part of the brain busy while the creative side relaxes and does it's thing.. it eats up those multi tasking thoughts I guess is what I mean.. That's the kind of music I'm really enjoying right now that really keeps me on track and lets me get lost in things.

Just listen to it and tell me what you think.

I liked that song, but I do like old soul music. I'd play it when I was in the middle of a designing project when it was cruising along nicely. To begin I'd play something like the song below with kind of a driving beat that would get me going. At some point in the project if an especially creative aspect needed to be found, utilizing imagination, I might switch to something very spacey sounding like one of the Soma FM channels.

All the above is for visual creativity. For writing I need total silence.

Song to get a project going for me:

24 minutes ago, Salt Peppermint said:

but what I find most inpsiring are actually short trips to different cities, visiting museums , sometimes even just watching a movie. all that does trigger ideas for me that I then can't wait to bring to life inside SL as part of my clothing creations

That makes a lot of sense as a way to increase creativity and I need to do it more -- visit locations in RL. Covid has shut that down quite a bit for me, but I could still visit nature locations safely.

Edited by Luna Bliss

14 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Camus explored the absurdity of living in a universe that is chaotic and does not care whether we are here or not. His novels involved the search for making sense of it all, bringing order, meaning, and purpose to it all. Is there a meaning to life? Why should we expect anything more than disorder and random events in our lives? He had several answers, some involving religious faith and personal ethics, and some exploring the drive for creativity. "To create is to live twice" is quoted as a statement that we can be reborn through bringing new order, beauty, and meaning. I have long forgotten most of his novel The Myth of Sisyphus, in which it appears, but it builds on the legend of Sisyphus, who was doomed to push the same rock uphill for eternity.  Why did he keep doing it?  Did he have a choice? Is there hope, even in a life of futility?

I started in college as a French major, abandoning it for the sciences when I discovered that I didn't really care for much French literature, but I did enjoy Albert Camus.

Thanks for the background on Camus. I never read much of his stuff, though I do know he received a Nobel prize for a book and so is likely a good writer. I was put off examining his writings awhile back when my brother was creating a novel and kept referencing existentialism and bemoaning the lack of meaning in life...way too much!  lol Then there was a focus on a book by Camus, The Plague. I could only take so much!

Buried under all this, I see from a greater exploration of his quotes from books and your response here, is a focus on love and creativity.

15 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I have long forgotten most of his novel The Myth of Sisyphus, in which it appears, but it builds on the legend of Sisyphus, who was doomed to push the same rock uphill for eternity.  Why did he keep doing it?  Did he have a choice? Is there hope, even in a life of futility?

I never push the rock the same way twice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wasn't there a giant bird that disemboweled him repeatedly, as encouragement to continue (or regardless)? I may be mixing my horrific myths.

You might be thinking of Prometheus, who was chained to a rock. An eagle would feast on his liver every day, which would heal overnight. If you'd rather push rocks than eat liver (ick!), your eagle would be Sisyphus.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

He was chained to the rock because he gave mankind the secret of fire.

I feel chained to a rock living in this podunk place. I gotta get out of here! They seem to punish people for creativity or being different from the norm in this god-awful place.

Thank the goddesses SL and its immense opportunity for creative activities doesn't live in my backwards town where the court house looks like Wyatt Earp could step out of it at any moment. Let's hope that unjust laws don't get ahold of what SL can be.

Edited by Luna Bliss

15 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

For me I use Pintrest, I have boards for every thing that intrest me and inspire me, for example this picture in the middle; inspired me to build my little sky town :

collage4.thumb.png.dba22c4f2c3a75699e7a93fa6873ec5c.png

That's a great idea. I do have some photos for inspiration myself, but who knows where they are. You're more organized  :)

I'd love to see it. Can you post a link here or drop a LM on me inworld?  I Love colorful, futuristic cities.

9 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

That's a great idea. I do have some photos for inspiration myself, but who knows where they are. You're more organized  :)

I'd love to see it. Can you post a link here or drop a LM on me inworld?  I Love colorful, futuristic cities.

Thanks, unfortunately it doeasn't exist anymore ( temporary ) I was still working on it but I didn't have enogh prims left, so I had to stop and packed it up, untill I find a bteer and bigger land for it, when I rezz it again I will surly send you a message with the LM,  I will not forget ; )

Edited by SarahThe Wanderer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Thanks, unfortunately it doeasn't exist anymore ( temporary ) I was still working on it but I didn't have enogh prims left, so I had to stop and packed it up, untill I find a bteer and bigger land for it, when I rezz it again I will surly send you a message with the LM,  I will not forget ; )

damn prim limits!

Great...hope your vision gets to manifest for all to see..

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.