Welcome to the puppet show!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I swear none of them are me. I assumed we just had a lot of new people, because people said so, I haven't really even seen any.

If there's some kind of puppet thing happening, I super-swear it isn't me. I grew out of that stuff before 2010, even.

Now if anyone starts posting selfies wearing the same outfits as me, I will be mad. Nobody steals my clothes and gets away with it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Nah. Sock puppets don't need no legs.

Now I have a mental image of something from back in the day on the internet, with a new caption along the lines of, "hey guy, lend me a hand? Both mine are occupied."

*shudder*

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Haha 1

Just now, PheebyKatz said:

I swear none of them are me. I assumed we just had a lot of new people, because people said so, I haven't really even seen any.

If there's some kind of puppet thing happening, I super-swear it isn't me. I grew out of that stuff before 2010, even.

Now if anyone starts posting selfies wearing the same outfits as me, I will be mad. Nobody steals my clothes and gets away with it.

There was one asking where they could find "Southern Plantation" roleplay. No previous posts? Nah, that doesn't look suspicious at all. 🙄

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Dang, I was going to go in there and ask if they wanted to come play Call of Cthulhu instead.

Also, they need to add an eww-face emote to the likes buttons. Instead, I shall thank you for the information.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I didn't realize that there was a prerequisite for posting in the forum. Isn't everyone allowed to post without having them specifically called out, in a thread no less?

Who is being "called out"?

In the instance I am speaking of, the mods themselves removed the posts, suggesting that they knew they were from the same account and posting merely to "backup" the OP

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I didn't realize that there was a prerequisite for posting in the forum. Isn't everyone allowed to post without having them specifically called out, in a thread no less?

Of course. I was tolerant when I thought they were just someone looking for a roleplay sim, but their later posts lead me to believe they picked a sensitive topic just to try to rile up the forum.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Of course. Was tolerant when I thought they were just someone looking for a roleplay sim, but their later posts lead me to believe they picked a sensitive topic just to try to rile up the forum.

Oh no, I just responded so seriously.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Of course. Was tolerant when I thought they were just someone looking for a roleplay sim, but their later posts lead me to believe they picked a sensitive topic just to try to rile up the forum.

I'm not immune to trolling and to be fair almost every chance I get I admit that I'm dumb.

But y'know it makes sense now that you lay it out like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like how it was dealt with before I even noticed anything was happening.

Even if not everyone agrees with them, we do have a good team here. And good users.

We actually have a pretty groovy community, and I like being able to say it.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Sock up a riot and try to get regulars banned with the new rules .. cunning ploy.

I am being very careful.

And mindful too of Dyna's comment that we are all (including the mods) feeling our way through these new rules. I don't think the mods are going to be trigger-happy about bans.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There was one asking where they could find "Southern Plantation" roleplay. No previous posts? Nah, that doesn't look suspicious at all. 🙄

They actually did have a previous post back in April.  Specifically about the Lelutka Nuri head.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am being very careful.

And mindful too of Dyna's comment that we are all (including the mods) feeling our way through these new rules. I don't think the mods are going to be trigger-happy about bans.

The question of course is ..

Do forums bans STILL come with full SL account bans ?

.. because they used to. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I wonder if the moderators get head dints in their desks though?

/me sends them all some milk and cookies.

Gingerbread-Men-1.thumb.jpg.3025ae74d48ac4eadfd52d68e98989a5.jpg

On an amateur radio board I help mod on --- One of the head admins go "clean up on aisle 4" when bad posts/threads appear.

I think I have a picture frame in my inventory that shows gingerbread men, one with a leg bitten off! :D

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Need a cookie.
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The question of course is ..

Do forums bans STILL come with full SL account bans ?

.. because they used to. 

I think this has generally been at the discretion of LL and the mods. I was not suspended from in-world during either of my suspensions here -- although those were each only for one day, so maybe that's the difference?

But, yeah. It's an issue. It's why Desmond Shang stopped posting here, back in the day.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.