System Lipstick

KathyGables

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have found a system body that works for me except for the lipstick color.  It used to be that you could find such system items all over SL.  It's not the case now.  Does anyone know a store that still sells system makeup?  Specifically, lipstick?

Thanks for any help

• Like 3

Usually back when people used system bodies the makeup was usually included with the skins. I remember Redgrave used to hav several like that. But I reckon any BOM makeup would work as they are usually tattoo layers. 

Unfortunately many are only making makeup for specific heads… so you need to find a non specific.. marketplace would be your best bet. Sometimes people leave their old stuff up 

Edited by LittleSparrow Skydancer
  • Like 2

I have System & BOM makeup from:  Dulce Secrets, alaskametro, Stunner Originals, mock, Izzies', Lumae, Ricielli, Stix, Zibska, 7 Deadly Skins

However, almost nobody actually makes them for the true classic System head anymore.  Almost all of the BOM is for one or more specific heads, so you will need to demo to try the fit.  I still use the System head.  From some creators, their Catwa versions work for me and others don't.  For other creators, their Genus versions work best. 

So, you basically have to just demo, demo, demo.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Look for BOM makeup made for Genus or Catwa HDPro heads.  These usually fit the classic system template near-exactly. 

Lipstick made for Catwa old heads and Lelutka EVO might also be usable with some tweaking of the lip sliders. Lelutka EVO-X will not work at all, its a completely different template.

And as well as the brands already mentioned, Glamorize is still going on the MP. I have loads form there (it's cheap)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/36615

• Like 5

Seconding Alaskametro for this. While I can't vouch for how well they fit to the bare system head, I switch between three different BoM heads and their system tattoo layers work pretty consistently well across the board. In addition to the testers, they have a free pack at The Free Dove you can grab and try out. I also picked up a really nice gift pack from Zibska at SL19B that included the SL "classic" BoM tattoos so they might be someone else to try.

• Like 2

Alaskametro is great, and they're still making makeup for regular BOM (as well as EvoX), so it doesn't all look like it was made in 1996. And a lot of their items come in multiple fits so you can experiment and see which looks best on your lip shape. They have a MP presence, a store inworld, and they used to have (I haven't been there in a while) a free set out at the Free Dove called "rose gold" that I've gotten a ton of use out of. 

Also check out RazzaNova on MP--I have several of their sets that are designed to look like different decades of the past (50s, 60s, etc.).

• Like 1

@KathyGables BOM stuff is system layer stuff. So those will appear on your avatar pretty much as expected. Most mesh heads while having their own UVMap use one VERY close to the Classic avatar's UVMap. But you will have to demo makeup made for different brands and models of heads. You'll find ones that work well. Just remember those and shop them.

Few are advertising for those that use the classic head. If they do, it makes their stuff look OLD...  image.png.9f3d2e5621477d419bf24d7e567a6bb0.png  So they say "BOM" prominently and may be Classic or System in small print.

Skin in most cases will look OK regardless of the head it is made for. OF course skin made specifically for a brand & model is likely to look best. But demo. Because in many cases one cannot tell the difference. The Exception is the EVO X and the Cinn & Chai skins. Both have upgraded to better UVMaps for better looking skin and to avoid the SL Avatar UVMap problems we have bit_hed about for years.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.