Which Body is This? - a forum game

Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Sissi Slacker said:

1. Altamura 2. Kalhene (not sure if Erika) 3. No clue 4. Meshbody Classic

1. Correct! 👏 Altamura's Emanuele free gift body and head from Unihispana Community Gateway.

2. Nope! But that is Kalhene's Leah free group gift head (as well as the included shape, skin, and eyes).

3. Hint: Same maker as 2.

4. Correct! 👏

Edited by skepwith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Both Freya?  Unless the second one is Nana or one of the other bodybuilding bodies?

One out of two :D

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Body-builder bodies, but I don't know which ones.

Nope.

Neither of them are bodybuilder bodies. The First one (me) is Maitreya, the second (my alt) is Freya.  They only look like bodybulder bodies because of the skins. I actually prefer Freya for myself too but there's no mod for my arm so I still use Maitreya just as frequently. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sissi Slacker said:

Belleza maybe? 2 is Freya and 3 is Venus/Isis. Or both Freya. The shoulders and calves kind of look like Belleza.

Nope! These are all avatars that I put together for helping penniless people get out of system avatars and into mesh. Nothing in the pictures costs even 1 linden. #2 is eBody Curvy and #3 is eBody Classic

Edited by skepwith
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I only know 2 things:

1. There are a lot of beautiful bodies in this thread
  2. I am truly terrible at detecting mesh body brands...no clue on ANY of them.

As I am sure I've said before here, I use three . . . well, three and a half bodies (Slink, Legacy Perky, and Maitreya + Petite) pretty much interchangeably. My choice depends (obviously) on the rigging for the clothes I'm wearing, but also on the context. Generally I like smaller boobs, but on occasions I do want somewhat larger ones, for instance.

They all have different uses, but my shapes for each are deliberately made to make them more or less interchangeable in most contexts. And on occasion, I've had to look in my inventory to see which one I'm actually wearing.

So yeah, there are differences, but there are far more similarities.

• Like 1

This whole thing has proved to me that it's just about impossible to tell what body anyone is wearing, and there's very little significant difference between the big commercial ones and the free ones (except in availability of clothing). 

This has made me somewhat more comfortable with keeping Maitreya on my main avatar, though I prefer Freya by miles becaue I can get a much more butch look with it (see my alt!). Its funny really, that a body known for being super-curvy is also the best-suited one for going very butch - aside from the larger boobs, though there is a third-party flat chest mod for it..Which I never actually use because there's literally only one store that ever made clothig for it and even they only did about half a dozen things before stopping.

So if you really want to know what bodies are being worn by the people you meet out there, you really do need this:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/What-Are-They-Wearing-HUD-GIFT/10859148

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That hand animation in the 2nd one looks familiar. They all look pretty similar to me, so I'm gonna throw all my bets on Maitreya.

All are Maitreya, you say? Well, since one of them is Maitreya, you score 1. 😘

Maybe I should redo them in a T-pose. It would be more fair.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skepwith said:

#2 is eBody Curvy and #3 is eBody Classic

I thought for a moment that all of them might be freebies, but I totally forgot about these ones! 

31 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

This whole thing has proved to me that it's just about impossible to tell what body anyone is wearing

It pretty much depends on the skin and shape, especially in pictures. Inworld there may be more difference in muscle definition, materials, neck seam, etc. But it's still usually not that obvious, and I have to either use that hud or manually inspect it to see if my guess is correct. Love the hud though, because it's often not easy to right click on rigged mesh :)

41 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

that a body known for being super-curvy is also the best-suited one for going very butch

And slim! And mod! Freya is such a versatile body, it saddens me to see it being dropped by creators. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Maitimo said:

This whole thing has proved to me that it's just about impossible to tell what body anyone is wearing, and there's very little significant difference between the big commercial ones and the free ones (except in availability of clothing). 

I honestly can't tell bodies from most of these images. Shoulders are probably the biggest differentiator and the thing that every maker seems to struggle with but I don't have the differences memorized and they're heavily affected by pose.

In world it's a bit easier to tell because you can cam around the body and also notice the way it moves. I like to play a game of it and guess before listing attachments and I'd say I'm right more often than I'm not but I'm still surprised from time to time, like dead certain it was X but it's actually Y, which is really fun because you get to see how creative people are with how they assemble their avatars.

With the free bodies, I think it's helpful to keep in mind that the ones I showed are free versions of commercial bodies. The Meshbody Classic, in particular, is one that people bought for a very long time and only became free after Legacy was released. When you get to the ones like Ruth2 that were always intended to be free, there's a noticeable quality difference (and don't get me started on Roth, I just can't even...) but even then, careful attention to skin, shape, and stands/walks will make up for a lot.

• Like 2

I'm cheating a bit here . . .  But I do get people asking which mesh body I'm using.

The shoulders (from behind) are the give-away!  Not much I can do about that I'll just wait until NUX comes along.

Bik 1.jpg

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I'm disappointed, no one who claim they can spot Maitreya's terrible shoulders from across the region have told me which of the six ones I pose in is Maitreya.

Maybe they are on vacation, or maybe they do not want to make me cry. o.O

I'm going to guess that #1 is the Maitreya, but you have used deformers to change the slope of the shoulder. I can still see the indent in the armpit though.

Numbers 2-4 I think are Bellezza bodies due to the boxy knees and butts.

Perhaps #5 is Legacy .. not sure if classic or perky.

#6 I give up.

I wish the rules for this game would have stated only a bikini and no body deformers.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

I'm cheating a bit here . . .  But I do get people asking which mesh body I'm using.

The shoulders (from behind) are the give-away!  Not much I can do about that I'll just wait until NUX comes along.

Looking good, but say the word and I'll put you in a free mesh body so fast it'll make your new free bento head spin!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skepwith said:

Looking good, but say the word and I'll put you in a free mesh body so fast it'll make your new free bento head spin!

Thanks - but I've got a couple of free mesh bodies but whatever I do on the adjustment sliders they are still too curvy for me.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2022 at 7:07 AM, Marianne Little said:

I found out I should do this again, I do not like layer bikinis, but for you I put one on!

The mesh bikinis distracted a bit from the bodies, so now all focus is on the body!

Maitreya1 collage.jpg

slink2 collage.jpg

venus3 collage.jpg

isis4 collage.jpg

legacy5 collage.jpg

freya6 collage.jpg

I'll give this a try, but I'm not good at it. I don't see prominent lower back dimples on any of these, so I don't think any are Belleza. The ones with slight dimpling are # 1 and # 4, and # 1 also has the shoulder rear-view and bumpy ankle problems, so I'm guessing that's Maitreya.

I don't recognize any of the others. 

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I'm disappointed, no one who claim they can spot Maitreya's terrible shoulders from across the region have told me which of the six ones I pose in is Maitreya.

Maybe they are on vacation, or maybe they do not want to make me cry. o.O

They all look identical in the shoulders except #1, so I'll say #1. Unless you're wearing deformers in which case it could be nearly any of them.

I'm pretty sure #3 is not Maitreya, the hip/upper thigh shape is too flat. But what body it actually is, I do not know.

I think #6 is Freya.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

Thanks - but I've got a couple of free mesh bodies but whatever I do on the adjustment sliders they are still too curvy for me.

I think it's possible to get the same basic shape as your system shape with a Maitreya. I played around with my Mait body using the petite add-on and a shoulder deformer with these results.

b697f4a3ee8a208a57e2db9fcb07b013.jpg

f34e66662a3c42252be5923fa3107106.jpg

I think the biggest difference is the shading on the skin. The highlights on my skin do make the body parts seem a bit more rounded or fuller. But the shape itself is very similar to yours I think.

I'd be more than happy to help you with a shape for a Maitreya body if you want to try it.

And perhaps this is off-topic. I apologize. :D

Edited by Blush Bravin
Added apology for going off-topic and to offer help if desired.
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I think it's possible to get the same basic shape as your system shape with a Maitreya. I played around with my Mait body using the petite add-on and a shoulder deformer with these results.

I think the biggest difference is the shading on the skin. The highlights on my skin do make the body parts seem a bit more rounded or fuller. But the shape itself is very similar to yours I think.

I'd be more than happy to help you with a shape for a Maitreya body if you want to try it.

If you can make that shape with Maitreya, you should be able to  make it with LucyBody Atenae too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I agree the shapes are pretty similar.  I made my own skin and I deliberately kept the highlights low-key so it looks consistent from all angles.  I also made a tattoo layer that adds highlights, which is quite effective. but I'm not wearing it in the photo. Thanks for the offer but I think I'll wait and see what the new full-perms LL 'NUX' bodies are like before splashing out L$000's !

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.