Fishing updates?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can put the fish you catch in a low-prim aquarium too. The 7Seas Headquarters has one for donating unwanted fish. Last time Alycia was there, there were 3 dead fish floating in the tank, apparently unfed. She fed the one that was still alive and cleaned the tank. I think that's a pretty good metaphor for the 7Seas game.

127356109_DeadFish_002.thumb.jpg.093b98649618a616e341c7ab58375f6f.jpg

She went back last night, and they're all dead now except for the new one in the goldfish bowl.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
to add picture
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DiscordicDesire said:

oh. maybe I am misremembering.  I remember it as way to fill aquarium

The reaction is because there are other fishing systems in Second Life that are make money fast pyramid scheme things. So people don't always realise that 7Seas is a different sort of game. You can still join the social group and people run contests, if you want to meet people. Or set up one of the aquariums. Or just wander about and fish in places. I don't know of other fishing games that have that relaxed social feel to them and aren't about money.

• Like 3

There's another one called Northern Ops, by North Crannock, which is gaining popularity. The initial game kit isn't cheap (L$500) but once you have it, bait is free and there's never anything else to pay. If you join the in-world group there are numerous contests going on throughout the week. I go to them quite regularly, it's great fun.  Also with N-Ops you can fish in any Linden water, it doesn't require a server setting up. There's no gifts and no fish you can keep but there is a website where you can keep track of your stats.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Karl Herber said:

There's another one called Northern Ops, by North Crannock, which is gaining popularity. The initial game kit isn't cheap (L$500) but once you have it, bait is free and there's never anything else to pay. If you join the in-world group there are numerous contests going on throughout the week. I go to them quite regularly, it's great fun.  Also with N-Ops you can fish in any Linden water, it doesn't require a server setting up. There's no gifts and no fish you can keep but there is a website where you can keep track of your stats.

n-o fishings pretty popular. No bait buying required.

image.jpeg.5085e2b6038e9b099b12a26941bbe818.jpeg

Fishing for lindens nothing beats tatianas virtual fishing. Buy bait 10 lindens make 30 lindens or more. ( 20 lindens profit ). It's neither a scam nor a pyramid scheme but a great way for low budget players to enjoy a few lindens to spend imo.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hope its OK to resurrect this. I was coming to the forum to ask since I was also curious about the current fishing scene here in SL.  I just got into Neo-Realm and it seems fun. Its reasonably priced and has mini games and even a RPG.   I definitely want to try  Northern Ops, since that's the first one that I've seen that doesn't require me to buy bait. I love that, lol. 

A few others are attached to farming games: DFS (Digital Farming System), Aura RPG and G&S also have fishing and are pretty cool farming games too!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.