Login failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 4:15 AM, JeromFranzic said:

I've tried several viewers... right now they're all failing to log in. Used Firestorm and the LL viewer. I'm in Windows 11. 16:15 SLT as I type this. 

I am also having this issue, it gets fixed sometimes and then again this issue occurs.

• 1 month later...

I get the same error message and I can log into SL with browser, get access to my account but not with any viewer, Firestorm or Second Life viewer. Also, I was able to create a new account and log in with firestorm without a problem. I submitted a trouble ticket and followed instructions but to no avail. It is just one account that is being blocked it seems.

8 hours ago, sarcmp said:

I get the same error message and I can log into SL with browser, get access to my account but not with any viewer, Firestorm or Second Life viewer. Also, I was able to create a new account and log in with firestorm without a problem. I submitted a trouble ticket and followed instructions but to no avail. It is just one account that is being blocked it seems.

6 hours ago, Monty Linden said:

This and the rest point in the direction of an inventory issue.  Keep working with support and supply the requested information.  (E.g. The SecondLife.log from a bad session.)

@sarcmp You could also try and log in with the affected account using the Cool VL Viewer; its inventory code is much more robust to ”unsuspected” issues and won't bar you from logging in. After login you could then try and repair your inventory: from the ”Inventory” floater, ”Folders” menu, choose ”Consolidate/restore system folders”, then log out and retry a login with other viewers.

Note that the new inventory thumbnail code as implemented by LL (or more exactly the updates to the AISv3 inventory protocol that accompanied it) can result in this sort of issue as a missing system folder causing failures to log in (because they do not use any more the legacy UDP folder creation message that was synchronous and could solve missing folders issue by creating them in a ”fire and forget” way, instead of needing a callback after creation, callback that cannot be honoured during the login process).

Edited by Henri Beauchamp

• Lindens
2 hours ago, Revolt964 Heron said:

Attempted the link thing too but shows access forbidden

If you mean the 'login.agni...' link, then you are through one potential blocker.  Given that this happens with only one account, the answer is the same as the other recent failure:  likely an inventory issue.  Start with a support ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Revolt964 Heron said:

Hi i am facing the same Issue, but surprisingly it'sonly for 1 account, i tried others and it works any idea how to resolve this?

Attempted the link thing too but shows access forbidden

Screenshot_34.jpg

Sounds like what happened to me yesterday for my main account, using the latest Firestorm release. I could login with my alt account, though.

Linden Support found out it was an inventory problem (75K elements inventory) and they fixed it. If you're Premium, get into Live Chat Support after clearing cache and politely ask them if they could run their inventory fixer for you.

I moved back to Firestorm's previous release after that, and I'm also using the Second Life Viewer, just in case.

Edited by MBeatrix
typo

Ok..I'm getting this same issue..

Spoke to Linden Lab = were 1  hour on support with them,  yesterday was able to still login with my Alt ..but not main, today, nothing works, not even a new avi! Called my ISP ask them to reset my IP, which they have done, flushed my modem, restart PC, log into mobile SL even to clean some inventory and just nothing... this is really getting frustrated and seems like Lindens are very neglecting in helping with this.  I was suppose to host on SL Expo even, and missed it, because I can't log in!  Honestly....I am sitting with my hands in my hair at this moment.

HELP HELP HELP

Second Life Release 7.1.1.7039128750 (64bit)
Release Notes

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400F (2496 MHz)
Memory: 16139 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10/11 64-bit (Build 22621.2715)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 31.0.15.3640
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 536.40

Window size: 1920x1009
Font Size Adjustment: 96pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128m
Bandwidth: 3000kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.25
Render quality: 2
Advanced Lighting Model: Enabled
Texture memory: 5212MB
Disk cache: Max size 1638.4 MB (0.0% used)

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.4
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.02.13
Dullahan: 1.14.0.202310131404
  CEF: 118.4.1+g3dd6078+chromium-118.0.5993.54
  Chromium: 118.0.5993.54
LibVLC Version: 3.0.16
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
December 03 2023 10:57:29

On 12/3/2023 at 9:50 PM, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I'm having the same problem, and did try every possible sloution, still not working, I submit a ticket, because live chat also seems broken after a maintannace!!

And yesterday all went good, and this morning, and now at 1PM my time it's starting again, can't log in at all, and no response from Lindens, honestly please...

is the ANY Linden that can help?

6 hours ago, Jaun Boucher said:

And yesterday all went good, and this morning, and now at 1PM my time it's starting again, can't log in at all, and no response from Lindens, honestly please...

is the ANY Linden that can help?

I had a reply to my support ticket and it worked, I just needed to change the DNS, try it, hopefully it will work for you too!

Edited by SarahThe Wanderer

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DAli Davidov said:

I have the same problem "login failed. despite of........" but it happened only with two of my accounts the others can login normally

Try what is suggested on the Grid Status, which is use different DNS servers than you have set at the moment.

I had that problem a couple days ago. I couldn't login my main account but could enter with my alt. After talking with Support (they said it's a known issue but there is no ETA for a fix) I changed from Google's DNS servers to my own ISP's DNS, and it's been fine so far.

• Like 1

I got multiple "login failed depit..." messages. I turned on my VPN. I could login but now I'm having trouble connecting to regioni. This is my day off and my good internet connection to SL. I'm ripping my hair out in bloody hunks. Is anyone else hving this miserable experience? I tried a different location for login and got in. I think parts of the grid are offline.

Edited by Iyoba Tarantal

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently having this issue the last week or so, and see that there are "Login investigations" in process, but it is wierd that I can Login with an Alt, but not my main username. How do we find out if we have other issues? Wouldn't my IP address be the same for my Alt as for me? ...so, not an IP blocking issue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavin Felisimo said:

I am currently having this issue the last week or so, and see that there are "Login investigations" in process, but it is wierd that I can Login with an Alt, but not my main username. How do we find out if we have other issues? Wouldn't my IP address be the same for my Alt as for me? ...so, not an IP blocking issue?

It can be an inventory issue. Or maybe a DNS problem. Try using different DNS servers and if that doesn't work you better file a ticket.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 2:35 AM, Pendzez Gearz said:

I've been trying to log into SL for the last two days and I keep getting this error message.  I don't know what happened.  I didn't change any settings or anything.  I was able to log in fine with no issues at all until 2 days ago.  

I've tried:

Resetting the modem and router

Changing the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Restarting my computer

Checking my network and firewall settings

Seriously, this is starting to upset me a great deal because it just happened so suddenly.  Everything was fine up until 2 days ago.  Please, help me.  Anyone.

cfeda5d1d20a47a0dc86808351b45d7e.png

On 5/2/2023 at 6:58 AM, Monty Linden said:

Take one or more of those Reference #'s (fresh, if possible) and include them in a support ticket.

Using a VPN is one way.  Another that may work is having your cable modem/fiber box/router renegotiate a new IP address from your ISP.  Both of these can fail for various reasons.

Good morning. 

I have exactly the same problem.

I have 3 accounts - of these, two accounts suddenly do not login, and the third account works flawlessly.  I have tried different computers and different browsers, to no avail.  But since this error replicates on different computers and browsers, and as a third account works perfectly it strongly suggests that the issues does not lie with my systems or ISP.  

Appreciate your assistance. 

Marcus

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mariposa Rayna said:

It's really interesting that it's only happening on my main, regularly used avatar log in. I can log in on my alt just fine. So what gives? 

Are they both logging into the same region?

• Like 1

As I've already commented, I'm able to log in using an alt, but not on my main profile. It's been going on for the last 2 days. I was able to log in the first day, and was inworld for a good 3 or 4 hours before logging. I came back to it yesterday, and today and still not able to log in on the main profile with the error message everyone else has already mentioned. Here's my info:

Firestorm 6.6.17 (70368) Dec 10 2023 18:36:33 (64bit / SSE2) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor           (3200 MHz)
Memory: 16335 MB (Used: 376 MB)
Concurrency: 16
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19045.4046)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 4096 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 31.0.15.3623
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 536.23

RestrainedLove API: RLV v3.4.3 / RLVa v2.4.2.70368
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.1.1l zlib/1.2.11.zlib-ng nghttp2/1.40.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v8.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.02.18
Dullahan: 1.12.4.202209142021
  CEF: 91.1.21+g9dd45fe+chromium-91.0.4472.114
  Chromium: 91.0.4472.114
LibVLC Version: 3.0.16
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1840x855 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 512 m
Bandwidth: 1450 kbit/s
LOD factor: 3.625
Render quality: Medium-High (4/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: Dynamic (3360 MB min / 10% Cache / 10% VRAM)
Disk cache: Max size 6208.0 MB (11.0% used)
Built with MSVC version 1937
March 13 2024 14:07:11 SLT