Stupid fun idea for RFL

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, here's a really dumb RFL idea that I find really appealing, so I'm putting it out there.  Mind you, there may be actual mole<->LL contractual reasons why this can't happen, who knows.  But what if ...

LL puts together a few packs of some wonderful Linden Home landscape items that are NOT in the content packs, and sells a limited quantity of them, all profit to RFL?

Exclusive to RFL, limited time, limited quantity, of course notrans.  I bet they would fetch immense prices at an RFL auction, because as was established long ago in LL's Resident Answers forum, it is very very important to many of us that all sorts of things MATCH ;)

Or they could be sold in vendors ... perhaps even RFL vendors hidden around Belli during the Relay.  Particularly fun if they moved once in a while, like hunt prizes sometimes do.  But you'd want to make the prices hugely inflated to make it worthwhile.  I think this sort of thing is best suited to an auction.

The packs could contain things like:

> Bioluminescent versions of the non-bioluminescent flowers and groundcovers that are already in the Fantasy content packs

> Ancient Mole's fabulous rocks for any/each theme

> Victorian willows (yes they have immense LI, but they are GORGEOUS)

> The terrific "Beachtree"s used in Trad, Houseboat and Stilt regions (particularly attractive if there's a slightly lower LI version)

> Reeds and grasses

> Flowers that are not in the content packs ... what are your favorites?

• Like 12

Peach Rhododendrons and the LH  butterflies. Maybe the twisted beach trees and definitely the rocks? I've tinted fundati rocks too often. Oh and floral ground cover!! T-spot mesh have always sufficed for my beach straws - I absolutely adore the antique colour hydrangea in the victorian pack. The LH bluebells might also be welcome along with the sparse bushes 

Edited by Chloe Bunny
added extras
  • Like 2

Why limited, though? Unless you just mean limited by time.

The trees you can already pretty much get from another seller. They are almost identical.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Titans-The-Weeping-Willow/18116706

I'd be pretty game for the stilt palm trees, the rocks(any or all), the fireflies, or any other little misc stuff they want to throw in.

Edited by CalypsoJewel
  • Like 2

This does sound like a great idea like the others said! :) 

The only concern would be in reference to this part: 

Or they could be sold in vendors ... perhaps even RFL vendors hidden around Belli during the Relay.  Particularly fun if they moved once in a while, like hunt prizes sometimes do.  But you'd want to make the prices hugely inflated to make it worthwhile.  I think this sort of thing is best suited to an auction.

Bellisseria is strictly noncommercial. So if the Moles/LL put out sales vendors they would effectively be breaking thier own TOS. At least on Belli soil. 

🐹

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, Nika Talaj said:

OK, here's a really dumb RFL idea

Sorry, good intentions but gotta agree. I truly believe that Lindens/Moles should not do things that residents can do and might want to do. Residents are perfectly capable of making landscape items and putting them in RFL vendors (it's called the Home and Garden Expo).

Lindens and moles have a ton of stuff to do that we are UNABLE to do, so let them focus on that.

And as the hammie sez, let's not encourage them to break their own covenant... maay beeeeee

Edited by diamond Marchant

Oh haha right, certainly I agree, RFL kiosks in Belli would be a definite no-no.  And actually, I'm the last person to want to see them everywhere.  At least I titled the thread correctly!

I still think packs of mole LH landscaping would be a GREAT auction item.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.