How to report a place if you don't know the owner?

MissSweetViolet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was searching "butterfly" hoping to find some butterfly or butterfly garden themed sims in the General (it was the only rating checked), rated section of search, and came across a place marked general (and yes I made sure the G was there in the description), that is very clearly an adult space. I was going to try and file an AR, however it needed the name of the person responsible, and the location description doesn't give a name, nor do I really wish to go to the sim to find out. Is there anything I can do to report the space?

13 answers to this question

If I remember correctly -- currently at work and cannot verify -- the OP set her Search to General only.  She then did a search for Butterfly and an Adult Lesbian place popped into the results.  I think the associated picture is Moderate, but even if one doesn't go visit, and see all of the very adult pictures there, the place should not be something returned in a General only search --- and it most definitely should not even exist on a General region.   There is a big difference, IMO, of running into some Moderate stuff in a General region and stumbling upon definite Adult content.

• Like 2

I popped in to the establishment on MAINLAND.    Definitely in General, definitely in Search and definitely Adult.  Adult search terms in description therefore putting it in violation of ToS.   NOT allowed anywhere on mainland aside from Zindra.

The Adult designation applies to Second Life regions that host, conduct, or display content that is sexually explicit, intensely violent, or depicts illicit drug use.  A region must be designated Adult if it hosts, advertises, or publicly promotes:

• Representations of intensely violent acts, for example depicting death, torture, dismemberment or other severe bodily harm, whether or not photo-realistic (meaning that images either are or cannot be distinguished from a photograph).
  • Photo-realistic nudity.
  • Expressly sexually themed content, spaces or activities, whether or not photo-realistic. We broadly define what is "sexually themed" to include any sexually oriented activities and conduct.
  • Parcels that host adult activities or contain adult content must be on:

• The adult mainland continent, Zindra.
  • A private region that has been designated by its owner as Adult.
Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

If you haven't been there and don't plan to go, how can you be sure they are violating General maturity guidelines?

Even if they are, how is it harming you?

We're not on the General Discussion section here, and maybe I'm being the pedantic one here, Lindal, but when something is clearly a violation of Linden Lab's own guidelines - ie has adult content on a G-region - the OP is providing a pair of eyes where LL have missed seeing something. The OP has made a choice to not see or be part of Adult content, as is her right. She has a right also to report anything that violates her G-rated enjoyment of Second Life.

I know as a pedant yourself, you will not mind me pointing this out to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Both the OP and Marigold are technically correct, my pedantic self admits.

Still, I can't help feeling that there is an element of nosy-neighborness in all this.

I can understand why you would feel like that in some circumstances, but I don't get that at all with this particular poster. LittleMe explains it very well. 

And while I was composing, Rowan has come along with more confirmation of content. It is against ToS, hopefully will be reported and moved to Zindra. 

Edited by Marigold Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.