To the ones that managed to swap house, can you give me some hope? (advice)

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You may have heard me wax poetic about the Traditional I let go. Now I have a chanche to get it, but the risk of getting another Traditional is obvious. It is already other Traditionals on the Land page.

Does that mean that I always get the Traditional that are already on the Land page, so the next one who select Traditional get the house I was trying for?

I got the Newbrooke yesterday, and abandoned it because I only wanted the pack. Then I jumped a Traditional, a Houseboat, and then finally a Stilt on Pier in a very good location.

If I pay Premium 1 month for an alt just to try to keep the Stilt, will that Stilt get on the Land page first, as long as no one else abandon one a second before?

The idea is to try to let the alt take the Stilt, then Marianne tries for the Traditional. If the one of these swaps succeed, I have something instead of nothing.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You may have heard me wax poetic about the Traditional I let go. Now I have a chanche to get it, but the risk of getting another Traditional is obvious. It is already other Traditionals on the Land page.

Does that mean that I always get the Traditional that are already on the Land page, so the next one who select Traditional get the house I was trying for?

I got the Newbrooke yesterday, and abandoned it because I only wanted the pack. Then I jumped a Traditional, a Houseboat, and then finally a Stilt on Pier in a very good location.

If I pay Premium 1 month for an alt just to try to keep the Stilt, will that Stilt get on the Land page first, as long as no one else abandon one a second before?

The idea is to try to let the alt take the Stilt, then Marianne tries for the Traditional. If the one of these swaps succeed, I have something instead of nothing.

Sending you a DM

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe Bunny said:

I can also send a DM if you want but I think Elena possibly covers it. I do what you are trying to do sometimes multiple times a day 😔

Do you succeed often? Or not, as you emoj shows?

I wish LL could let us transfer homes. At least between the same account holder. I could be sure to send the Stilt on Pier to an alt. I think they could let us have that benefit, maybe once in a month. I understand they can't do it for us over and over again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I wish LL could let us transfer homes. At least between the same account holder. I could be sure to send the Stilt on Pier to an alt. I think they could let us have that benefit, maybe once in a month. I understand they can't do it for us over and over again.

I succeed 90% of the time I just added a little pensive to show I wasn't super proud of myself! 

When it goes wrong it is mainly because I have miscalculated tries and have run out on the account who wants to catch. One of the big things I would say is that I would rarely try this during a major theme release

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I wish that too... My heart would really appreciate it

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I succeed 90% of the time I just added a little pensive to show I wasn't super proud of myself! 

When it goes wrong it is mainly because I have miscalculated tries and have run out on the account who wants to catch. One of the big things I would say is that I would rarely try this during a major theme release

For the common themes like Traditionals? They are abandoned often during a major theme release?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

For the common themes like Traditionals? They are abandoned often during a major theme release?

I've seen traditional constantly on the LP since the latest release began so if I was trying this I would wait until the traditional disappears - because queues complicate things a bit 

• Like 2

Right now is the time for people who long for a stilt on pier. They are showing up on the land page! I'm not a person who tries to swap. It's too nerve wracking. Unlike other folks, I don't usually have success. Nine times out of 10, it fails for me. I definitely wouldn't do it during a new theme release. I'm even afraid to try for another Newbrooke, because I'm afraid I'll end up in the same region that I let go. Probably get the same house back! The queues are unpredictable right now. 

It's been a long hoped for perk that I'd like to see become a benefit with super premium: being able to transfer a home between accounts that we/our alts have. It's not a benefit that I would want to use that often. There have been a few times I would have stayed put for awhile if I'd had that ability.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You'd be competing with me or my alt for a Trad, because I live for abandons during a theme release. Not that I wouldn't try to send it back to you  if it was the house you were trying to get back. 

• Like 3

I saw a stilt, and waited... and waited... with one of my alts, trying to send MY stilt to him. I followed the advice. I had him on logged in Chrome, and a homeless alt on Firefox. He was ready to just click "accept" as soon as the unknown Stilt on Pier disappeared, when my homeless alt saw another Stilt on Pier appear.

And he got it!! So if the Traditional goes wrong, I can play in a Stilt on Pier for a month. 😃

17 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Right now is the time for people who long for a stilt on pier. They are showing up on the land page! I'm not a person who tries to swap. It's too nerve wracking. Unlike other folks, I don't usually have success. Nine times out of 10, it fails for me. I definitely wouldn't do it during a new theme release. I'm even afraid to try for another Newbrooke, because I'm afraid I'll end up in the same region that I let go. Probably get the same house back! The queues are unpredictable right now. 

It's been a long hoped for perk that I'd like to see become a benefit with super premium: being able to transfer a home between accounts that we/our alts have. It's not a benefit that I would want to use that often. There have been a few times I would have stayed put for awhile if I'd had that ability.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I saw a stilt, and waited... and waited... with one of my alts, trying to send MY stilt to him. I followed the advice. I had him on logged in Chrome, and a homeless alt on Firefox. He was ready to just click "accept" as soon as the unknown Stilt on Pier disappeared, when my homeless alt saw another Stilt on Pier appear.

And he got it!! So if the Traditional goes wrong, I can play in a Stilt on Pier for a month. 😃

That is good insurance! And I sent you a PM with an idea about what to do about that trad.

• Like 3

I will survive without that Trad. So do not worry about me. I sound more obsessed than I am. ☺️ 

I had decided to go off Premium because I dislike the last three themes. So if I don't get that house, I shop for the money I should have used on Premium instead. 😄

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It was available as of when I checked a few minutes ago, so there is still hope!

Yes, that queue isn't making much sense to me. But I was out of rolls. The VAT adds on 4 US to every month as Premium, so I will not upgrade an army of alts to be using 5 rolls per day. I really feel that 5/24 hours are a low number. Neither will I pay annually for alts. It is cheaper in the long run, that is true, but it is still money that I have to pay now.

But I will see what I get when I am out of 'jail' and can roll again. My economy is what it is, that is the reality. I have to think about how much I spend in SL, and what gives me most entertainment for the money. One Premium annually is fine, two or three or four? No.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

On 3/4/2022 at 1:18 AM, Elena Core said:

Sending you a DM

On 3/4/2022 at 1:29 AM, Chloe Bunny said:

I can also send a DM if you want but I think Elena possibly covers it. I do what you are trying to do sometimes multiple times a day 😔

On 3/4/2022 at 7:00 AM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That is good insurance! And I sent you a PM with an idea about what to do about that trad.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:03 AM, Nika Talaj said:

Marianne, sent you a private message.

Why the big secret?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.