SECOND LIFE KEPT MY 200$!

DarkMistress88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Don't be too hasty. Tomorrow morning, give the Linden Lab business office a call, explain very politely what happened, and ask for their help.  It's a lot easier to settle things like this if you can talk to a live person.  The business office is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday. Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277. If you are outside of North America, consider using Skype or a similar service to save costs.

Edit:  Ah... Tuesday.  I think LL's office is closed on Monday for the holiday.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

my guess is "no"  at most by ticket, and in that case, between Chirstmas and Newyear... it will take longer to answer... the pile of reports will be higher than ever after such days.

they are very hostile instead of trying to work with LL, sounds almost like to me it's user error.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DarkMistress88 said:

I have gotten no answer from them. They stole from me, so i will be getting rid of my land I pay money for every month and my premium account.

So was it an excuse or did you get no answer?

You should share the exact response they gave and not suppose/paraphrase it.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DarkMistress88 said:

I know what went wrong, my husbands shared account with me for paypal is on my information and they refuse to send the money back. So i am out rent money.

You probably want to discuss that with your husband then and then fix your payment information so it doesn't happen again. If they payment went through and was bought by another person even if the bank account was shared they aren't going to send the money back to you. 

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 3

my guess is that it isn't the problem that you share the payment method, otherwise everybody with alts would have this trouble.

However a exeption:
Are you sure all required steps to use Tillia are done, and accepted?
You can as far i know ónly send money to your owned paypal. Not to others owned accounts .. in this case your accountdetails don't match with the paypal.
And yes i know... if that is the problem, it stinks that LL dóes allow you for years to use nearly ány paypal to pay, but when  you want your money out, they decline.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Just now, DarkMistress88 said:

I have gotten no answer from them. They stole from me, so i will be getting rid of my land I pay money for every month and my premium account.

Have you tried calling them over the phone to speak with a live person? They'd likely be able to give you more insight into your situation than any of us could.

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

my guess is .. ( nothing more) .. the name on the ID doesn't match the Paypal ( partner owned)

Hmm, what happens if the PayPal is a business account? I've never tried cashing out so idk the process, but my PayPal is a business account so I wouldn't have to use my real name on it. :V Are those handled differently? Never thought about it until now, lol, I may have to go look that up, just for future reference.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

Hmm, what happens if the PayPal is a business account? I've never tried cashing out so idk the process, but my PayPal is a business account so I wouldn't have to use my real name on it. :V Are those handled differently? Never thought about it until now, lol, I may have to go look that up, just for future reference.

I would guess you would have to scan in paperwork showing you are an authorized user on the account.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.