Questions about premium membership.

Logos77

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I want to buy SL premium membership, but I have 2 questions. First, what happens to my home once my membership expires. Does SL take it away or do I get to keep it forever. Second, what's voice morphing? How good is it? Thank you very much.

6 minutes ago, Logos77 said:

Hi. I want to buy SL premium membership, but I have 2 questions. First, what happens to my home once my membership expires. Does SL take it away or do I get to keep it forever. Second, what's voice morphing? How good is it? Thank you very much.

Your Premium membership will automatically renew unless you request to downgrade.  You must give up your Linden Home and/or get rid of any Mainland that you own before the system will allow you to downgrade.

I don't know anything about the voice morphing, so can't answer that question.

• Like 1

It's more the case that LL will keep billing you for premium membership until you cancel it, and you can't cancel it until you sell or abandon any land you have – which includes any Linden Home you have.

Voice morphing is meant to make your voice sound different: maybe robotic, or maybe changing your gender. I don't know if it's any good.

13 minutes ago, Logos77 said:

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your Premium membership will automatically renew unless you request to downgrade.  You must give up your Linden Home and/or get rid of any Mainland that you own before the system will allow you to downgrade.

I don't know anything about the voice morphing, so can't answer that question.

2 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

It's more the case that LL will keep billing you for premium membership until you cancel it, and you can't cancel it until you sell or abandon any land you have – which includes any Linden Home you have.

Voice morphing is meant to make your voice sound different: maybe robotic, or maybe changing your gender. I don't know if it's any good.

Picking up where LittleMe and KT above left off: Voice Morphing is what it says on the 'tin' - it allows you to apply a Morph effect to your Voice Output - you have to go to one of the Premium Voice Morph islands to activate it and must do so periodically to continue to use it.

As for how good it is .... Most will agree that it isn't anything to write home about. I have found only a singular one that I have used on the rare occasion - incredibly rare seeing as most RP places and such keep Voice turned off.

Edited by Solar Legion

38 minutes ago, Logos77 said:

...  voice morphing? How good is it? 

It's so good I refrain from using it to put it mildly.  Most effects make your speech too unclear to be understood by others. When using it I was usually asked to turn back to normal voice because it was undecipherable to others. 

Edited by TDD123

16 hours ago, Logos77 said:

Second, what's voice morphing? How good is it?

It's a set of about 35 presets to change your voice. You can preview them without a premium account in the viewer under the Communicate menu. Record a clip of your voice and play it back through the morphs. There are sets of presets for feminine, masculine, techie, scary and tiny. IMO the only potentially useful ones are scary and tiny. I think the gender morphs just sound weird and the lack of any adjustment really limits their utility. Techie seems to be labspeak for lo-fi. Someone really missed the boat on that pack.

I don't think they're great overall, and the ones that are good have really niche use cases.

Edited by Lyssa Greymoon

Haven't tried the voice morphing, but for your first question, your Premium account cannot expire or end while you still have land or a Linden Home. It must renew, unless you abandon your land first, and then downgrade to basic. 

If you simply stop the payments without doing either of the above, then your account will be locked until you pay the arrears, and if you don't pay, it will eventually be banned.

10 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

if you don't pay, it will eventually be banned.

Like Silent said, is more like a perma-lock thing, though the account will eventually disappear from Search, showing as 'name not available' (like perma-banned and deleted accounts) - and the avatar will be removed from all groups they belong in and all donated tier will be removed from the groups.  

My mom ended up in that situation when she got ill and wasn't in SL for a long time, and her card on file expired.  She had no desire to come back anyway, so she never did anything to attempt a restore of the account.  It takes at least 6 months or more before the name disappears from Search.  

You are required to pay LL before you can get your account back.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are expected to abandon your Linden Home and dispose of any other mainland you own before your premium account expires and then you have to specifically downgrade. If you're still holding land, they will bill you for another time period. The most cost effective option is to pay for a year at a time. The extra groups and much higher message cap are almost worth it without the land allowance. Remember you get back 300L a week which works out to a bit over $60 worth.

The voice morphing is pretty bad in general. There's better third party software for it, but mostly, you aren't going to fool anyone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.