Smoking: Influencing vs Programmability

Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

I am requesting you stop complaining about something you literally have zero control over.

You've been here long enough to know the MO.  I can almost picture someone literally dancing in their seat when this topic came up.  There really hasn't been too many threads lately where one can use their subtle brand of condescension.  Now if only there was someone being bullied elsewhere, the day would be complete.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's actually those who are so obsessed with censorship and a perceived loss of freedom that are doing the complaining on this thread.

Actually, youve been doing ALL the complaining since I got here. Youre the one obsessed with a picture of someone smoking. Youre the one saying its glamorizing a behavior that kills people. Youre the one. Take a chill pill. Go outside or something.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You've been here long enough to know the MO.  I can almost picture someone literally dancing in their seat when this topic came up.  There really hasn't been too many threads lately where one can use their subtle brand of condescension.  Now if only there was someone being bullied elsewhere, the day would be complete.

Well I said that because she said in another thread that requesting people to not talk about something will somehow make then not talk about it which is, of course, utter nonsense....as she herself proved. I need another smoke....

• Like 4

The minute SL starts censoring things such as smoking, drinking, sex or drugs is the minute I will pack up and leave. Censorship is NEVER a good thing. Regardless of what people think. As someone said, IF you don't like what you see, either leave the area, ban it from your land or derender the offending person, but DO NOT censor what I can and cannot do in SL other then the things that is wrong, such as pedophilia. I cannot even believe we are having this discussion. *shakes my head and walks out of the room* 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Smoking is my one and only vice.  I used to drink (a lot) and smoke weed, various other drugs until one day, I just had enough of that.  Did I start doing ANY of those things because of anything I saw glamorizing it?   Of course not.  Did I stop because of any health warnings or media frenzy?  No.  I made the choice.  Just as I make choices about other things.  Will I eat that big mac or make a salad?  Run that red light because I'm late or stop.  I mean, everyone else is doing it, right?  Why shouldn't I?  

Why?  PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.  People.just need to stop looking for an excuse/person/advertisement to blame for their own choices.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, xLunaea said:

You are responsible for what you choose to portray. And it can influence someone, whether that be negatively or positively. It is that simple. I have posted my character smoking a blunt and drinking champagne and wine. I know that images of my character drinking or smoking could still be influential to someone at the end of the day. I know it may sound absurd, but that's really just how it is. o.O

and YOU are responsible as to whether you look at said picture. Either scroll past it, block the person who is posting the picture or stop coming to the forums if so many  things offend you. I'm done. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

and YOU are responsible as to whether you look at said picture. Either scroll past it, block the person who is posting the picture or stop coming to the forums if so many  things offend you. I'm done. 

This has been said multiple times, and I am not offended. The people who are offended are the ones that are being accusatory, such as yourself. Get a life. All I did was try to point out that people's content can and will influence someone. But too many of you are incapable of grasping that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

ME and ME alone, decides what is wrong. NO one can decide for me, only for themselves. IF you don't like it, don't look at it. Period. End of discussion.

Fair enough, but why do you have the right to dictate to the pedophile that his behaviour is wrong and must be censored? You did say that should be censored so you obviously think some people need to be held to some standard even while you refuse to be held to one yourself.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, xLunaea said:

This has been said multiple times, and I am not offended. The people who are offended are the ones that are being accusatory, such as yourself. Get a life. All I did was try to point out that people's content can and will influence someone. But too many of you are incapable of grasping that.

We understand that, we just don't care. Get over it. Move on. Go outside. Stare at grass.

1 minute ago, Ayeleeon said:

Fair enough, but why do you have the right to dictate to the pedophile that his behaviour is wrong and must be censored? You did say that should be censored so you obviously think some people need to be held to some standard even while you refuse to be held to one yourself.

You really do not want to go down that rabbit hole. We all know that pedophilia is illegal and wrong on so many levels. Smoking as of now is legal and I chose whether or not I smoke or not. As long as something is legal, no one is going to tell me I can and cannot do it, if I so choose to. I am responsible for me and me alone, no one else. YOU take responsibility for you and you alone. I am done with this conversation. Have a nice day

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayeleeon said:

Because it's against the law and that was just an inane question regardless.  There are no laws about smoking in photographs.  The laws were enacted to prevent smoking advertising and in 2009, expanded to include smokeless tobacco products.  Still nothing against smoking in personal photography.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ayeleeon said:

What is wrong with that question? If you asked me I would have an answer, but you apparantly don't. That is the problem.

What is wrong with it? Ok, I will ask you if you are a pedophile sympathizer or one yourself because that is what that sentence screams. Do you understand? 

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.