I have a question.

Mariru256

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've payed an avatar maker to build my OC into second life she is 13 but overly developed, the build has  underbelly puff area but she will have clothes Now i was told that regardless how she's made i was told that it would be flagged as ***** even though the area will not be shown. The under puff is integrated with the avatar as far as i understand by the avatar maker. She will have clothes and covered. Do I need to have this changed because he's still working on fixes. Now the thing is that with drapes and all how can she be flagged as ***** when she's just developed from my original character? I'd like some insight. Thank you.

EDIT: Thank you for all your opinions I have decided not to have it on and hope this eases all of your concerns. and greatly appreciate all answers. Thank you. This can be now closed.

Edited by Mariru256

English isn't my #1 language and I am not sure what "underbelly puff area" is. Do you mean mons pubis?

Child avatars, chibi avatar and amine avatars is a never ending discussion in SL. You should provide more context. What did they say in more detail? And who said it? Do they own or have manager rights over land? Did they mean that LL would flag your avatar, and you be banned by LL, or by land owners?

People talk a lot of crap. If they own land, they can say "Yes, I would ban that avatar so it can't enter my land". They can't say what others will do.

Child avatars is legal in SL. I would say there is no reason to ban her, but it confuses me that she should be 13 years old. As one who does not know about body standards for anime, I can't help but see that shape as much younger.

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

I'm confused as to why a made up character that isn't even a human being is being described as '13 years old but overly developed'. That's pretty creepy.

2 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Doesn't look 13 .. or human.

TLDR: Sexualisation of Minors is abhorrent and unacceptable in any context , people should say so explicitly and in appropriately strong language - "pretty creepy" doesn't cut it.

I have to admit that the level of coyness and even sophistry required to rationalise why someone might need an anthropomorphic avatar which is female, 13 years old, and coincidentally has "overly developed" sexual characteristics - I can't even comprehend to be honest.

Occams' razor isn't always the best guide, but in this case you really have to want to see the alternative less likely explanation (not that there isn't one of course, it might just be that it's extremely opaque!).

Now yeah I know, my "problem" is that I've not been here long and SL is a rich and nuanced environment which I'm not yet sophisticated enough to comprehend - and all that good stuff.

In my view however,  right out the gate, it does take an astounding level of crass sophistry to label this as simply "pretty creepy", and/or acceptable because it's all within the context of anthropomorphic role play, and/or acceptable because there's nothing in the rule book to say you can't.

Apologies for getting on bit of a rant, but to be honest I've read some deluded conversations on these boards, and this is right up there.

The upside is that it puts the whole moral question of "smoking as art" into perspective 😀

Edited by SynesthetiQ
add TLDR
  • Confused 2

If that picture is the final look, i fail to see the 

6 hours ago, Mariru256 said:

overly developed

part of the design. Most would assume you meant in the chest. I dont quite know how her mons pubis would be overly developed. I guess it could be huge, but clothing would then be a very big issue as no mesh would fit it. Although a custom mesh wont have mesh clothing to fit it anyway.. 

Very confused by the whole thing, and more than a little creeped out. Sexualizing a 13 year old is just wrong.. 

45 minutes ago, SynesthetiQ said:

I have to admit that the level of coyness and even sophistry required to rationalise why someone might need an anthropomorphic avatar which is female, 13 years old, and coincidentally has "overly developed" sexual characteristics - I can't even comprehend to be honest.

Occams' razor isn't always the best guide, but in this case you really have to want to see the alternative less likely explanation (not that there isn't one of course, it might just be that it's extremely opaque!).

Now yeah I know, my "problem" is that I've not been here long and SL is a rich and nuanced environment which I'm not yet sophisticated enough to comprehend - and all that good stuff.

In my view however,  right out the gate, it does take an astounding level of crass sophistry to label this as simply "pretty creepy", and/or acceptable because it's all within the context of anthropomorphic role play, and/or acceptable because there's nothing in the rule book to say you can't.

Apologies for getting on bit of a rant, but to be honest I've read some deluded conversations on these boards, and this is right up there.

The upside is that it puts the whole moral question of "smoking as art" into perspective 😀

NO, just no.. There is sophistry here.. Making a 13 year old av that is overly developed is creepy. The fact you dont see that worries me. It is NOT acceptable within Anthro roleplay. Not even a little. Messing with minors is illegal even virtually. And its sick. 

No one is saying its ok to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

NO, just no.. There is sophistry here.. Making a 13 year old av that is overly developed is creepy. The fact you dont see that worries me.

Dear Lord.

My assumption was that if the most likely purpose of such an avatar was in fact the intended purpose, then we'd all be repulsed and disgusted to the point that the epithet of "creepy" is inadequate.

To be blunt, I assumed that we would all be equally appalled by the sexualisation of a 13 year old female.

My point was that in 3 of the first 4 responses on this thread, there seemed to be quite a bit of reticence in terms of calling out the OP and being specific about the "most likely purpose" of such an avatar.

Apologies, I thought I was pretty clear, but obviously not clear enough..

Edited by SynesthetiQ

1 hour ago, SynesthetiQ said:

Dear Lord.

My assumption was that if the most likely purpose of such an avatar was in fact the intended purpose, then we'd all be repulsed and disgusted to the point that the epithet of "creepy" is inadequate.

To be blunt, I assumed that we would all be equally appalled by the sexualisation of a 13 year old female.

My point was that in 3 of the first 4 responses on this thread, there seemed to be quite a bit of reticence in terms of calling out the OP and being specific about the "most likely purpose" of such an avatar.

Apologies, I thought I was pretty clear, but obviously not clear enough..

Seeing as the rest of the posters had a negative thing to say about the OP's choice and idea, while you bandied about with pompousness and 5¢ words, perhaps you should have been more blunt instead of trying to call out others.

Making an av anatomically correct doesn't instantly tick the sexualization button. It does tick the creepy possibly paedo ones though. 

I realize you are new, but there are rules on the forums. You really cant be very harsh and blunt or they will delete your post. Plus, you do know the saying about assuming something, right? 

3 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Seeing as the rest of the posters had a negative thing to say about the OP's choice and idea, while you bandied about with pompousness and 5¢ words, perhaps you should have been more blunt instead of trying to call out others.

Making an av anatomically correct doesn't instantly tick the sexualization button. It does tick the creepy possibly paedo ones though. 

I realize you are new, but there are rules on the forums. You really cant be very harsh and blunt or they will delete your post. Plus, you do know the saying about assuming something, right? 

Firstly, I can't vouch for what you may or may not class as pompousness or what part of my postings constitute 5¢ words. As far as I know I use vocabulary and language appropriately.

I certainly wasn't aware that these forums required a special subset of the English language be used for fear of being perceived as pompous. In any event if the words get a bit long for you and you have trouble understanding, there's always Google.

Secondly, I guess repeated use of the word "creepy" may be used to convey censure if you're in middle school, maybe not so much for anyone over the age of 14 when discussing a topic of this nature. Also apparently Orwar was "confused" which sort of dilutes the credibility his opinion either way.

Thirdly, while I agree "anatomically correct doesn't instantly tick the sexualization button", purposefully accentuating and emphasising the sexual characteristics of a 13 year old girl is probably a clue that "anatomical correctness"  isn't the main goal here.

Fourthly, I'm not sure where I may have contravened the "rules of the forum", but if I have contravened them and am subsequently informed so by an Admin, I'll take that as a lesson learned. The question then I guess is, are you an Admin for this forum?

Finally, I am aware of the saying you refer to, and I agree that my assumptions may have been invalid.

However, given the nature of those assumptions, I'm quite happy to be labelled an "ass" if you're happy to be labelled within the group which invalidates those assumptions - a tricky sentence for you I know,  but I'm sure you can work it out 😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

Having a thirteen year old avatar with developed adult parts is a big no no on so many levels. The creator who makes this avatar is clearly not comfortable doing so, and neither wold 99.9% of the SL userbase.

Actually the avatar maker is not finished with it and had no issue with it but I will tell him to go withought it. I just wanted to know if it was okay or not obviously not.

7 minutes ago, SynesthetiQ said:

Firstly, I can't vouch for what you may or may not class as pompousness or what part of my postings constitute 5¢ words. As far as I know I use vocabulary and language appropriately.

I certainly wasn't aware that these forums required a special subset of the English language be used for fear of being perceived as pompous. In any event if the words get a bit long for you and you have trouble understanding, there's always Google.

Secondly, I guess repeated use of the word "creepy" may be used to convey censure if you're in middle school, maybe not so much for anyone over the age of 14 when discussing a topic of this nature. Also apparently Orwar was "confused" which sort of dilutes the credibility his opinion either way.

Thirdly, while I agree "anatomically correct doesn't instantly tick the sexualization button", purposefully accentuating and emphasising the sexual characteristics of a 13 year old girl is probably a clue that "anatomical correctness"  isn't the main goal here.

Fourthly, I'm not sure where I may have contravened the "rules of the forum", but if I have contravened them and am subsequently informed so by an Admin, I'll take that as a lesson learned. The question then I guess is, are you an Admin for this forum?

Finally, I am aware of the saying you refer to, and I agree that my assumptions may have been invalid.

However, given the nature of those assumptions, I'm quite happy to be labelled an "ass" if you're happy to be labelled within the group which invalidates those assumptions - a tricky sentence for you I know,  but I'm sure you can work it out 😀

re: Third, Yes it was intended as ananomy correctness of the OC itself. Fourth: your just fine i understand they're may be negative posts and this is why I ask before having it done before it got done i mean itdoesnt hurt to ask for advice or attempting to get an answer if you are not 100% sure on the tos for it. You and everyone has been greatly helpfull i did message avatar maker theto remove that area of Sirocco.

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

English isn't my #1 language and I am not sure what "underbelly puff area" is. Do you mean mons pubis?

Child avatars, chibi avatar and amine avatars is a never ending discussion in SL. You should provide more context. What did they say in more detail? And who said it? Do they own or have manager rights over land? Did they mean that LL would flag your avatar, and you be banned by LL, or by land owners?

People talk a lot of crap. If they own land, they can say "Yes, I would ban that avatar so it can't enter my land". They can't say what others will do.

Child avatars is legal in SL. I would say there is no reason to ban her, but it confuses me that she should be 13 years old. As one who does not know about body standards for anime, I can't help but see that shape as much younger.

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

they had land yes but its in terms they are friends and only looking out for me was all they stated i can be LL banned more over land based ban.

3 hours ago, SynesthetiQ said:

people should say so explicitly and in appropriately strong language - "pretty creepy" doesn't cut it.

Throwing a tantrum because people aren't seeming outraged enough for you? Yikes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Throwing a tantrum because people aren't seeming outraged enough for you? Yikes.

where do you find me outraged? I'm only reaching out to community of a question I've never had commissioned an avatar before so I only wanted it to look ananomoty correct....

Uh huh.. Riiight.. 

So, adults cant use the word creepy in a sentence to describe a feeling? I didn't realize that some words were only used by certain ages. There's that pompousness again.

And yet, they have since said it was the goal..

I dont believe i said you had broken any of the rules. Please quote where i said that. I said 

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I realize you are new, but there are rules on the forums. You really cant be very harsh and blunt or they will delete your post.

And that was a general "you" implied there. 

However, given the nature of those assumptions, I'm quite happy to be labelled an "ass" if you're happy to be labelled within the group which invalidates those assumptions - a tricky sentence for you I know,  but I'm sure you can work it out

Lastly, I did not in any way invalidate any assumptions. I did say it was wrong to sexualize a 13 year old. If you want to label yourself as that, feel free. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SynesthetiQ said:

In my view however,  right out the gate, it does take an astounding level of crass sophistry to label this as simply "pretty creepy"

Or maybe a euphemism was used to convey the same astonishment you are obviously sensating.

I must confess to @Drake1 Nightfire :  he is right about you being sounding pompous. Can this beligerent tone of yours towards us be tempered somewhat ? :|

Edited by TDD123
Benefit of doubt
  • Like 1

If I hold my hand over the head and look at the body, I would see it as an overweight 5-6 year old. But I can't say that I understand the anatomy of an anime fantasy cartoon character.

When I looked up "seraphie" I saw more long-legged and skinny ones.

I would avoid that word "developed". With more body fat, a small child get a more bumpy chest and all over more softness and roundness. So I would not react to an avatar like that in clothes.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04/28/article-1017249-0111D21B00000578-892_468x562.jpg

No danger to look at that link, I promise.

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

If I hold my hand over the head and look at the body, I would see it as an overweight 5-6 year old. But I can't say that I understand the anatomy of an anime fantasy cartoon character.

When I looked up "seraphie" I saw more long-legged and skinny ones.

I would avoid that word "developed". With more body fat, a small child get a more bumpy chest and all over more softness and roundness. So I would not react to an avatar like that in clothes.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04/28/article-1017249-0111D21B00000578-892_468x562.jpg

No danger to look at that link, I promise.

It is not a cartoon this character is copyrighted by one indavidual and is based off no other thing. I wanted to make that clear as again i have stated it is a closed species owned by Slimefur.

3 hours ago, SynesthetiQ said:

If I might humbly proffer a little well-intentioned advice . . .

I don't think the Big Words are the problem. Me, I use de Big Words alot here. "Big Words Scylla" is what they call me here. (Which is a whole lot better than what they used to say was "Big" about me at the pool hall I used ta hang out at, let me tell ya lol!)

But I think the real key to acceptance here is BEING SHOUTY.

No, seriously. See that "cap locks" key? Use it! Trust me, THEY LOVE IT WHEN YOU ARE SHOUTY!

Just ask anyone. @Rowan AmoreWE LIKE SHOUTY, DON'T WE? Tell him!

Welcome to the forums, SynesthetiQ. You'll do just fine here. 🙂

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.