Name change privacy issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't frankly care why you do it, just stop, it's ignorant. Don't blame others for your poor choices, if you can't control your fingers, stay off public forums. Adults shouldn't need to be told these things. It's absolutely infuriating to constantly "see" crap like this. 

• Like 4

Just now, Noelle Delaunay said:

Are we back to the point where I say "but please respect privacy" is in fact binding and you're gonna say it's not?

Already discussed.  Asking is not binding.  

Anyway, I'll leave you to it.  Apparently you're just here to argue even when faced with facts.   Have a lovely day. 😁

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Asking is not binding. 

Ok, you just keep bringing it up, and I keep bringing it up in return.

"This policy gives broad copyright permissions for snapshots and machinima, but asks that you respect the privacy interests of members of the community."

It's the same as "unless you disrespect user's privacy". You may keep claiming that your interpretation is right, I believe that my interpretation is right. Whatever you like.

Edited by Noelle Delaunay
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Noelle Delaunay said:

Why don't you make photos of books and sell them online, as you apparently own the copyright of these photos?

I have. Of photos I've taken in RL. I also have posted images I've taken from SL of my own avatar with things made by other people (not Linden Lab) in the background and posted them on forums outside of LL's jurisdiction.

At no point have I broken any laws or SL's ToS or Google's or anyone else's.

You keep saying "taking pictures of software". The software is a programming language.

Please post the state or federal statute that states images you see on your computer screen are off limits for screen capturing and posting to sites on the internet or whatever it is you are trying to claim (some obscure law only you have ever heard of) exists.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.