Anyone know why this happens?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This was happening before I went away two years ago, and when I come back it's still going on and I have never gotten an answer as to why this happens every time I log in. I get this notice. I could have quite a collection of my hands by now if I accepted them, but my avi is not missing it's hands so I have no clue what this is about.

hands notice.png

4 minutes ago, Storii Darkheart said:

It's an update. Accept it and wear the new one and you'll stop getting the messages.

So, I have to take off my hands and put these on? I'm not sure how to do that. I'll have to look into that....

If you haven't been in world for a couple of years, I'd suggest going to the Maitreya store and getting a re-delivery of the Maitreya body.  I think it's at least up to version 5.3 now.  (I don't wear it anymore, but I have one and I try to keep it  somewhat current, and 5.3 is the version I currently have.)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

If you haven't been in world for a couple of years, I'd suggest going to the Maitreya store and getting a re-delivery of the Maitreya body.  I think it's at least up to version 5.3 now.  (I don't wear it anymore, but I have one and I try to keep it  somewhat current, and 5.3 is the version I currently have.)

Ah, that might be a good thing to do! I had not thought of that at all! I have to wonder now how did I put it on in the fist place, it's been so long I don't remember. So I can get all the updates in the redelivery? Does that mean the hands thing will stop?

8 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Okay I went to the story and clicked on the redelivery thing , and my new body is on the way.

Edited by AnnHerrick

You should see the Maitreya body in the redelivery list. Ignore anything about store credit; it's redelivery that you want. Click the link and it will be redelivered to you. The redelivery button on the Maitreya HUD was only added in v5.0, and - in addition - the hands and feet were attached to the body in that version as well.

3 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Okay I went to the story and clicked on the redelivery thing and it took me to a page saying I have no credit and showing me all the things I've bought there. I see no way to get the updated body.

Just get the body redelivered.  It sends.the latest update

Edited by Rowan Amore

2 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Okay I went to the story and clicked on the redelivery thing , and my new body is on the way.

There have been a number of changes between the version you had and the new version, several which have already been mentioned here by others - the new HUD has a re-delivery button and the hands/feet are attached.    Other changes I can't explain too well as I don't wear the body any longer, but I'm sure others will be able to if you have questions about how some of the other new features work (or what they mean) and post the questions. 

I got this in nearby chat:

[13:29] Second Life: Maitreya Mesh Body Server owned by Onyx LeShelle gave you 'Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara'  ( Maitreya Isle (151,140,3050) ).

But I didn't see any message on the other monitor about it, maybe I missed it while typing on this one, and I'm not sure how to find it now. I run SL on the other monitor, a 70 inch 4K one and I'm not looking at it while I'm typing here.

Edited by AnnHerrick

Just now, AnnHerrick said:

I got this in nearby chat:

[13:29] Second Life: Maitreya Mesh Body Server owned by Onyx LeShelle gave you 'Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara'  ( Maitreya Isle (151,140,3050) ).

But I didn't see any message on the other monitor about it, maybe I missed it while typing on this one, and I'm not sure how to find it now.

Look in your inventory - either for an object in the Objects folder, or for a folder with the name 'Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara'

Just now, MoiraKathleen said:

Look in your inventory - either for an object in the Objects folder, or for a folder with the name 'Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara'

Okay, I went to the recent tab and there's a Maitreya Mesh Body in there under Objects, so that must be it. So now I figure out how to put it on I guess.

1 minute ago, AnnHerrick said:

Okay, I went to the recent tab and there's a Maitreya Mesh Body in there under Objects, so that must be it. So now I figure out how to put it on I guess.

Some objects now you right-click and "add" from inventory, and they appear as a HUD on your screen that you then click to un-pack.  Otherwise, rez the object on the floor and then you should get the window for adding the contents to your inventory.   

If you right-click and "add" and it just adds a box to you, then right-click and "detach" it and rez it on the floor instead.

I redid the redelivery and have the folder will all the parts in it now, and wow, there are a lot of them.It's version 5.3 and I have no idea where to start with this, but it seems there's a black bag in my hand now, I'm thinking the body is in that and I should open it.

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Right click on the object and choose add from the menu instead of wear..

you should get a hud on your screen to unpack the box.. The folder with everything in it will show up under your recent tab.

It's not an object, it's a folder with a LOT of things in it. Oddly one of my shoes has disappeared...

Edited by AnnHerrick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.