Anyone know why this happens?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, AnnHerrick said:

Okay, I can't get my hands and feet back for version 5.3.

They are not separate items in 5.3.   They are built into the basic body.  If yours are invisible, it's because you have turned them off in the ALPHA tab in the Maitreya HUD.

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

They are not separate items in 5.3.   They are built into the basic body.  If yours are invisible, it's because you have turned them off in the ALPHA tab in the Maitreya HUD.

I just looked and they are not off in the alpha layer. but wait, I can't do anything with the alpha layer in the HUD...

Edited by AnnHerrick

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

They are already attached.  It comes as one piece now.  Use the Lara 5.3 HUD.  Alpha section and show hands.  

The alpha section will not let me do anything at all. The buttons do not work, I can't mask or reveal anything.

Doing all of this remotely and with time lag is frustrating for everyone.  I really suggest that it's time for you to just start playing.  You are wearing the Maitreya body and the HUD.  Take a few deep breaths and try slowly clicking HUD buttons to see what they do.  By the way, take that Maitreya Body Alpha layer off too.  You shouldn't need it.

2 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

I'm going to relog nude and see if that does anything.

THAT's a great idea.  Get rid of as many unnecessary distractions as possible and just play.  

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Doing all of this remotely and with time lag is frustrating for everyone.  I really suggest that it's time for you to just start playing.  You are wearing the Maitreya body and the HUD.  Take a few deep breaths and try slowly clicking HUD buttons to see what they do.  By the way, take that Maitreya Body Alpha layer off too.  You shouldn't need it.

THAT's a great idea.  Get rid of as many unnecessary distractions as possible and just play.  

Well what I meant is to relog without any outfits on that had old 4.1 parts in them.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

And adjust your hover height again.  You are standing with your feet in the floor

No I'm not, already tried that. I had no feet in that shot, and no hands. I've just gone ahead and put on one of my old outfits to get my hands and feet back. I think we have all had enough of this for one day.  I'm just going to put on a formal and go to Frank's for dancing.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Please show everything worn again.  

Too late for that Rowan, I gave up and put on an outfit with the old parts in it. I have next week off and I'll try to figure this out then. Thank you everyone for your patient help with this most vexing episode.

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

GREAT idea.  Get rid of those old outfits.  They are messing you up.

I know Rolig, my plan is just to delete them all from inventory,  along with everything 4.1, take off my whole body and reinstall the new one again

• Like 2

After you have detached everything and not wearing anything from Maitreya 4.1.

Find your folder that say's, Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V5.3

ADD the contents listed below in this order..

1-Maitreya Mesh Body - Alpha.... Your regular system body should disappear and should only be seeing your head now.

2-Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara HUD V5.3.. Your version 5.3  Maitreya Hud should show up on your screen

3-Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V5.3.. You should see your body hands and feet now.

Now that this has died down, and hopefully the OP got her help, might I humbly suggest that perhaps the forums aren't the best place for this sort of direct assistance? especially not under "general discussion". Just my 2 cents.

Also FWIW my general solution to this sort of thing is to tell the person to create a folder with just the relevant things and then right-click it and check "replace current outfit". This will put them in a state of just wearing known things (as well as shape,skin,eyes ,hair but those are rarely relevant) which is much easier to work from.

31 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Now that this has died down, and hopefully the OP got her help, might I humbly suggest that perhaps the forums aren't the best place for this sort of direct assistance? especially not under "general discussion". Just my 2 cents.

There have been times over the years, particularly with people switching to mesh bodies, or to mesh heads, or trying to figure out how appliers work, or how BOM works, that we have had this type of helping thread, but generally it has been in the "Your Avatar" section of the forums. 

As someone who doesn't like to ask a lot of questions, I found those threads very informative as they helped me to understand how to make those changes successfully for my avatar.   

I don't know that it's very much different than the threads in the scripting forums where pages of posts are often written trying to help someone with a scripting issue. 

• Like 4

First of all, never use "Wear". Only use ADD!

This is why items like your shoe or your HUD disappear. It is a fixed number of attachment points on your screen and on your avatar.

Every time you wear something that goes on an attachment point that's taken, the new item kick off the first and replaces it.

I could explain how you change the attachment point, but you really have enough stuff to learn. Just unlearn to use wear and disappearing items will solve itself.

Same for your body. The default attachment point is right hand, many creators let that be the same, no matter if they upload a pair of jeans or a shoe. So if you wear an item that attach to your body, you have no control over what's detached. With add you are safe.

I often wonder why the bleep LL does not remove the "wear" option.

Edited by Marianne Little
typo

8 hours ago, AnnHerrick said:

Okay, I can't get my hands and feet back for version 5.3.

That must be because you have on an alpha layer from an earlier version when the hands and feet were separate.

Clicking on the alpha section of the HUD does not do anything. You have to click the T-shirt icon to see what you are wearing, and remove it.

You may think you have removed all from the folder with version 4.1, but you could have worn an alpha that did not come with version 4.1. We can wear so many layers the same time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AnnHerrick said:

worn.png

It is better to click on "Appearance" instead of "worn" from the inventory. We can see that there are many things that's hidden behind folders here. If you click on you and select Appearance, or on the T-shirt icon on the bottom list, you get up what you are wearing in a complete list, not hiding behind folders. You can see that I have on so much that I must scroll down if I will see it all.

This is not me per current date, I used an image I already had saved before. But how it works to show what you are wearing, is the same.

tattoo lay_001.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is better to click on "Appearance" instead of "worn" from the inventory. We can see that there are many things that's hidden behind folders here. If you click on you and select Appearance, or on the T-shirt icon on the bottom list, you get up what you are wearing in a complete list, not hiding behind folders. You can see that I have on so much that I must scroll down if I will see it all.

This is not me per current date, I used an image I already had saved before. But how it works to show what you are wearing, is the same.

tattoo lay_001.jpg

Ah! Thank you very much for those points of wisdom in SL! I've been away for too long and have forgotten a lot. It's going to take me some time to catch up. I have to say I'm disappointed to find out that my outfits include body parts instead of just the clothes I'm wearing, and now to upgrade to v 5.3 I have to delete all my outfits and start over from scratch. That's not a well thought out feature of SL.

31 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Ah! Thank you very much for those points of wisdom in SL! I've been away for too long and have forgotten a lot. It's going to take me some time to catch up. I have to say I'm disappointed to find out that my outfits include body parts instead of just the clothes I'm wearing, and now to upgrade to v 5.3 I have to delete all my outfits and start over from scratch. That's not a well thought out feature of SL.

I wouldn't delete your clothes.. Just your folders with the links to your clothes in the folders under the main directory, Outfits.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.