Anyone know why this happens?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In that folder, there should be a notecard "Maitreya Mesh Body Lara" - that will have a URL for their website with the online documentation for the body (and all the other things in the folder).  Starting with the online documentation may be best before you start trying to wear different things - I think there are a couple of versions of the body, so you'll want to figure out which one is closest to what you're familiar with.   You might want to look at that when you have a little bit of time to read through everything without distractions. 

Take a look at the information at https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/maitreya-mesh-body-lara-v50-quick-start.html

I think you would want to wear "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V5.3", the "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara HUD V5.3" and then possibly the body alpha, depending on whether or not you choose to active the BOM functionality right away, or not.  (You can always implement it later).

Edited by MoiraKathleen
added more info

6 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

In that folder, there should be a notecard "Maitreya Mesh Body Lara" - that will have a URL for their website with the online documentation for the body (and all the other things in the folder).  Starting with the online documentation may be best before you start trying to wear different things - I think there are a couple of versions of the body, so you'll want to figure out which one is closest to what you're familiar with.   You might want to look at that when you have a little bit of time to read through everything without distractions. 

I found that notecard, and it says in my Lara HUD I can go to the Misc tab, but my HUD has vanished and I can't seem to get it back even after relogging, and what is that bag in my hand and what happened to my left shoe?

The HUD it's referring to in the NC is the "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara HUD V5.3" in the "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V5.3" folder in your inventory.   Add that HUD, and the go to the Misc tab on it. 

The bag in your hand is probably the initial object that you  unpacked - look in your Objects folder and detach the Maitreya object there.   

If you did "wear" instead of "add" initially, it may have caused your left shoe to be taken off - just find the shoe in your inventory and re-add it.  This is part of the "add" items instead of "wear" items - adding will add more than 1 item to the same attachment point, while "wear" replaces the item at the same attachment point. 

25 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Right click on the object and choose add from the menu instead of wear..

you should get a hud on your screen to unpack the box.. The folder with everything in it will show up under your recent tab.

Right click on what object? I have a folder full of objects and none of them is the body. I'm really quite lost here. There's a boxed body, do I add that? I tried that and got sparkles around me, but that's all. I'm so totally lost here...

4 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Right click on what object? I have a folder full of objects and none of them is the body. I'm really quite lost here. There's a boxed body, do I add that? I tried that and got sparkles around me, but that's all. I'm so totally lost here...

Steady. It can be frustrating in its complexity so I know how you feel. Take a breath, pour a drink, read the descriptions in your delivery

Gonna need a body alpha, then a body. First. 

Edited by rasterscan

2 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

You already did that, I beleive.  That is how you got the "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V5.3" folder in your inventory (which you have displayed in your picture above). 

From inside THAT folder, you want to right click and ADD  "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V5.3" and right click and ADD "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara HUD V5.3" and possibly add "Maitreya Mesh Body - Alpha" .

6 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Right click on the object in your objects folder called Maitreya 5 .3 and detach. That is the bag in your hand.

Edited by Rowan Amore

4 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

The HUD it's referring to in the NC is the "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara HUD V5.3" in the "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V5.3" folder in your inventory.   Add that HUD, and the go to the Misc tab on it. 

The bag in your hand is probably the initial object that you  unpacked - look in your Objects folder and detach the Maitreya object there.   

If you did "wear" instead of "add" initially, it may have caused your left shoe to be taken off - just find the shoe in your inventory and re-add it.  This is part of the "add" items instead of "wear" items - adding will add more than 1 item to the same attachment point, while "wear" replaces the item at the same attachment point. 

Okay, I have added the new HUD, it's in the upper left corner. I didn't try to wear it, or anything, my left shoe just somehow disappeared. IDK... I went to the misc tab, it has six buttons in it,

NEW SAVE STICK

RESET SCRIPTS

DELETE SCRIPTS

REDELIVER

HELP/INFO

TP TO STORE

There is nothing to detach in the Objects folder, there's Maitreya Mesh Body -Lara and I've not added it because I can't detach it, so should I add it?

2 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

There is nothing to detach in the Objects folder, there's Maitreya Mesh Body -Lara and I've not added it because I can't detach it, so should I add it?

double click one new body in the inv - lara 5.3

Edited by rasterscan

14 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Steady. It can be frustrating in its complexity so I know how you feel. Take a breath, pour a drink, read the descriptions in your delivery

Gonna need a body alpha, then a body. First. 

Well I quit drinking a year and a half ago, so that's not an option. While I'm doing this I'm juggling matters at work too, so I'm a little overwhelmed here.

1 minute ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well I quit drinking a year and a half ago, so that's not an option. While I'm doing this I'm juggling matters at work too, so I'm a little overwhelmed here.

yeh take time dont let it frustrate you to the point you go EFF THIS and never relog

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Also, if you are still wearing anything from the Maitreya 4.1 body, take all that off as well.

Okaaaaayyyyy.. that's something else I don't know how to do. I think I need to take time off work for this. I have the phone going here about serious issues at work while I'm trying to do this, and perhaps this is not the best time to attempt it.

1 minute ago, AnnHerrick said:

Doing that just gets me offered another folder full of body parts, and I already have one.

Please open your WORN tab and all the folders so we can see what it is your are currently wearing.

4 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Okay, I have added the new HUD, it's in the upper left corner. I didn't try to wear it, or anything, my left shoe just somehow disappeared. IDK... I went to the misc tab, it has six buttons in it,

NEW SAVE STICK

RESET SCRIPTS

DELETE SCRIPTS

REDELIVER

HELP/INFO

TP TO STORE

The "Help/Info" button is the one that should give the online documentation link. 

The body that you want to wear is NOT in the objects folder - if - in the objects folder, "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara" shows that it's being worn, you need to detach it. 

You need to go to the "Worn" tab in your inventory and detach all of your Maintreya version 4 items. 

Then go to the "Recent" tab in your inventory, and in the "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V5.3" folder, ADD the following items:

Maintreya Mesh Body - Lara V5.3

Maitreya Mesh Body - Alpha

(and if not already still on your screen): Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara HUD V5.3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.