Christmas in July

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Woohoo! The Resident Geek is gonna build me a new system! He's been accumulating parts. The CPU and graphics card were especially hard to come by, given the current chip shortages. This is going to be an all-AMD system, a big change for us. Everything up to now has been Intel and Nvidia, but he's going with Ryzen 9 and a Radeon RX6900. Plus I got a new keyboard because mine had started typing extra letters. Marginally better than refusing to type letters, but it's still annoying.

I'll let you know how it works with SL. Unless I strangle him out of frustration waiting for it!!!!

Anyone else get a nice surprise this summer?

• Like 5

For my 30th birthday, when my mother nagged me to name something I wanted, I finally mentioned I still wanted something I've been wanting for years. Something she always kept telling me was too expensive. Today, a few months after the fact, after settling on getting me something else, she suddenly did a U-turn. I'm getting the one material thing I want most in the world ..

kitchenaid-artisan-ksm156-roeremaskine-m

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

For my 30th birthday, when my mother nagged me to name something I wanted, I finally mentioned I still wanted something I've been wanting for years. Something she always kept telling me was too expensive. Today, a few months after the fact, after settling on getting me something else, she suddenly did a U-turn. I'm getting the one material thing I want most in the world ..

I love my KitchenAid mixer. Got one a decade ago for a wedding gift and slowly over time a ton of attachments. Enjoy!

• Like 1

I remember my man working in his family's restaurant and used the commercial version of that which was a large floor standing model.  When his family put him to work there, one of the first jobs was making powdered mash potatoes in that.  He didn't realize the speeds and ended up plastering part of the kitchen!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

It's been on my husband's "gotta have" list for awhile.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I remember my man working in his family's restaurant and used the commercial version of that which was a large floor standing model.

When I studied to become a baker we used those a lot. But the bakery school also had a bunch of table top stand mixers that were primarily used for biscuit doughs and such, that we didn't make in as large batches (if 6 people all made a huge batch of biscuits we'd never know what to do with them!). I also had the opportunity to operate one earlier this year when making cake base for a gargantuan batch of punschrullar.

dammsugare-16-9-636x358.jpg

Not the actual ones we made, but, I have no pictures of those.

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

When I studied to become a baker we used those a lot. But the bakery school also had a bunch of table top stand mixers that were primarily used for biscuit doughs and such, that we didn't make in as large batches (if 6 people all made a huge batch of biscuits we'd never know what to do with them!). I also had the opportunity to operate one earlier this year when making cake base for a gargantuan batch of punschrullar.

dammsugare-16-9-636x358.jpg

Not the actual ones we made, but, I have no pictures of those.

I think you should make large batches and share them with everyone here.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

My Kitchenaid mixer has lasted three decades, although the Resident Geek did have to disassemble it once, clean out the grease packed into the gears, and re-grease it. The thing is an absolute TANK.

I got my great grandmas mixer circa 1950's.. really is a tank!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.