How Does Your SL Look Today?

7 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

This isn't the thread for long tech discussions. This is a thread for showing off the results of our skill, knowledge, and talent... however little or much that may be. We get to enjoy, compliment, encourage, and gather ideas.

I agree this is not a thread for tech discussion, it is a thread for sharing pictures of things you enjoy in SL as per the OP.

On 6/26/2021 at 2:29 PM, Bagnu said:

I'm starting this thread, so we can post pics of absolutely anything we like in SL. A rock. a set of stairs. Our homes. Your nose. Whatever. I'm starting it with a couple of pics from the Island, as it is now.

snapshot

I'm sharing pictures of what I enjoy in SL, not seeking technical discussion, along with the pictures I like to provide a little commentary explaining what I am doing in my pictures.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Awww! 🙂

I wish it were more interesting. Sometimes I put poems and stuff on them.

I should note that (obviously, I suppose) you don't at all need to keep the tombstone (the prim label) attached. I just include them by default with my pics because people started asking me to a while ago. Removing it -- and the shadow prim -- will obviously reduce the LI too.

I like how in my picture, it looks like I am in the same picture / setting as you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:
16 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

This isn't the thread for long tech discussions. This is a thread for showing off the results of our skill, knowledge, and talent... however little or much that may be. We get to enjoy, compliment, encourage, and gather ideas.

I agree this is not a thread for tech discussion, it is a thread for sharing pictures of things you enjoy in SL as per the OP.

I Peeved at someone once for posting certain things in this thread, and Bagnu - who "owns" the thread - basically said it's more open than I thought it was at that time.  So, perhaps we should ask @Bagnu if there is any doubt. 

My own opinion, if there is a "picture" from Second Life in the thread, or you are replying to someone's post containing a "picture", then it should be "fair game". 

After all, with respect to PBR experiments..imagine if it was the old "Windlight is NEW" days.  New stuff in SL will eventually be in all our pictures, so why wouldn't it be fair game?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I Peeved at someone once for posting certain things in this thread, and Bagnu - who "owns" the thread - basically said it's more open than I thought it was at that time.  So, perhaps we should ask @Bagnu if there is any doubt. 

My own opinion, if there is a "picture" from Second Life in the thread, or you are replying to someone's post containing a "picture", then it should be "fair game". 

After all, with respect to PBR experiments..imagine if it was the old "Windlight is NEW" days.  New stuff in SL will eventually be in all our pictures, so why wouldn't it be fair game?

I have been focusing a lot on PBR as of late, so I can see how it can get annoying.  Plus I did have one post where I used screenshots describing how to make a reflective surface, I think I should ease off on the building aspect on this thread and move more so on to exploration, as well as general antics.  I tend to get a bit immersed in one subject and drone on and on about it for a while 🤣  

Snapshot_028.thumb.jpg.5fe3ad63e475cee90a5b0e69946371d0.jpg

I stepped away from skybox, and of course, zombies.  Worse still, I failed to equip my weapons so I was running around them for a few minutes until I found a safe room.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I'm sharing pictures of what I enjoy in SL, not seeking technical discussion, along with the pictures I like to provide a little commentary explaining what I am doing in my pictures.

Lots of people don't bother reading anything in the Technical section so having some info here is perfectly fine.  Most of us appreciate those who share knowledge regardless of where they share it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

I must admit Stella that the posts you have been sharing, with the lovely narration, have made me yearn for the times I used to almost live in Second Life, where every week there was a new theme, and my brain was absorbing information like a sponge. Having had a few breaks, and lost touch with a lot of the goings on in Second Life, I find I've learned a lot of new things from your picture posts, because of the explanations. I guess I am kind of living vicariously through you now! Thanks. :) 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I tend to get a bit immersed in one subject and drone on and on about it for a while 🤣  

Ditto.

Nowt wrong with being enthusiastic in my opinion.

If your SL looks full of walls or zombies or views or technical information, then that's what YOUR SL looks like! 

And I am loving it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I agree with you. I don't "own" this thread though, I created it. But It IS meant to be open ended. I created this because the vanity threads are limited to pics only of our AVs. I wanted something where we could post pics of ANYTHING, even nose hairs.. I think it's great that a bit of everything comes up here!!! I see absolutely nothing wrong with posting pics of PBR experiments, and discussing them. I support Isthlathis' posts. I love seeing them!!! Also, since not everyone looks at every thread, this is a good starting point for some tech discussions. If it gets TOO heavy, then we go to threads on that, or create some.

This thread really IS exactly what I intended it to be for everyone.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The Technology Forum is a better place for the technical discussion. It is common to add questions here and get quick answers. But tutorials and long discussions need their own thread. Two reasons: for some the discussions are boring and it gets tedious skipping over them and next, the discussions here are very difficult to find for those searching for the same how-to, which is more appropriately placed in the Technology Forum.

Also, when moving to a new thread it is common to place a link in this thread.

I don't usually disagree with you, but in this case I have to. I created this thread to have a bit of everything SL related, Istelathis is showing pics of SL, and discussing them. It's in the spirit of what I created this thread for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Do your thing!!! I'm lovin' it!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

One thing I am very happy about, is that there is very little negativity here. The truly negative people haven't stayed here for very long. Oh sure we get into squabbles, but that's just a normal part of life. We deal with it, and move on. The most important thing is for everyone who posts here to have fun and enjoy it!!! 

• Like 6

So, a friend of mine, and an important part of a community I belong to, is on an extended break from SL while she deals with some RL issues. Her RL/SL partner, however, is still in touch with us, and provides a bit of communication back and forth.

My friend Skal came up with the idea of sending her, via her partner, a Christmas greeting, so I took this shot of three of us tonight: myself, Skal, and our friend Roo.

And yes, I'm short.

Wanna make something of it?????

Pic-for-Bambi.thumb.png.ec8bd90dc640f21761efea660cc8e74b.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, a friend of mine, and an important part of a community I belong to, is on an extended break from SL while she deals with some RL issues. Her RL/SL partner, however, is still in touch with us, and provides a bit of communication back and forth.

My friend Skal came up with the idea of sending her, via her partner, a Christmas greeting, so I took this shot of three of us tonight: myself, Skal, and our friend Roo.

And yes, I'm short.

Wanna make something of it?????

Pic-for-Bambi.thumb.png.ec8bd90dc640f21761efea660cc8e74b.png

It's not the size that counts, but what you do with it!!!

• Haha 2

I'm having fun with what I believe are cell shaders.

Snapshot_048.thumb.jpg.be9c815dbdb8b9c1e312432ee283a850.jpg

I think it looks better on my cyborg avatar, the fit is a lot closer.  It doesn't quite fit over the entire body perfectly, but is fairly close

Snapshot_046.thumb.jpg.f785e1e3392d3e2e62cd433a1f73ab05.jpg

I think it looks pretty good with my zombie hunting outfit as well 🙃

Snapshot_049.thumb.jpg.15c18b3277a8ca07911f7685ecabbb89.jpg

I mean, sure I might attract a lot of zombies but hey, I'm glowing! 🤣

Snapshot_051.thumb.jpg.0ece84f67337cfd32f1eb721d30f2aa3.jpg

• Like 11