How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

On 11/10/2023 at 8:15 PM, Bagnu said:

Honestly, I consider this in the same category as cross-posting.  

People that follow you will see all of your posts.  People that already follow that particular thread will see it also. There is no need for you to post links here of the things you post there -- and this is not the first time that you've done so.  

I'd say it is a bit excessive - or maybe you are just dying for more attention to your various posts.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Honestly, I consider this in the same category as cross-posting.  

People that follow you will see all of your posts.  People that already follow that particular thread will see it also. There is no need for you to post links here of the things you post there -- and this is not the first time that you've done so.  

I'd say it is a bit excessive - or maybe you are just dying for more attention to your various posts.

I would just post it here, but it would be removed due to inappropriate content...nudity and sexuality. Have you looked?

I'm not just posting for people who follow me, but for anyone to see. And I've been wondering about something. I follow people, but I get no notification at all if they post something.

I truly don't care if you don't like cross posting. I DO, because i don't live on the forums, and I only follow a few threads. Mainly this one. So I'll miss things if they aren't posted in more than one thread.

If you don't like my posts, use the ignore button.  It would save us both some aggravation. 

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

OMG he's speaking in Tongues now.

This is all I have to say for tonight:"kzuxhsdsuhaasw7vgc/1xbaxmenuk". So there.

/me shuts down his computer for the day.

• Haha 3

On 11/9/2023 at 12:28 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is a lovely pic of Cinn. It could almost be a Pre-Raphaelite painting.

I ran across a painting the other day that had me thinking I should corner Cinn as a model.

Now you have Cinny and I both wondering. What was the painting that made you want to have her model for you?

15 hours ago, Bagnu said:

And I've been wondering about something. I follow people, but I get no notification at all if they post something.

Under your name in the upper right - click Account Settings. On the new page, click Notification Settings.  Expand 'Followed Content'. Near the bottom, under 'Followed Members', click "Notification List" and/or Email to specify the type of notification that you want.

Have you looked?

Yes.  

So I'll miss things if they aren't posted in more than one thread.

That is still no reason for anyone to post the same thing in multiple places -- or post links to your other forum posts in different threads.

• Like 2

If you don't like my posts, use the ignore button.  It would save us both some aggravation. 

While seldom, every now and then, you post something worth reading or looking at.  

My preference is to only actually Ignore people I consider abusive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Now you have Cinny and I both wondering. What was the painting that made you want to have her model for you?

Honestly, I don't actually remember. It was an image that crossed my Pinterest feed -- a closeup of a painting of a beautiful woman with masses of curly red hair. It wasn't a Pre-Raphaelite work, though.

What it reminded me of was a favourite painting (a Modernist one) by Augustus John in the Art Gallery of Ontario, of the Marchesa Casati (c. 1919). She was a patron of the arts and very eccentric socialite of the post-war era. And she was utterly magnificent.

AGO.43145rsz.jpg?itok=eE0OamQI

I've done a pic in imitation (sort of) of this myself. I think for Cinn, I would want to lean more towards a Pre-Raphaelite rendering though.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That is still no reason for anyone to post the same thing in multiple places -- or post links to your other forum posts in different threads.

Now I will do that IF I see something people in the general forums might find useful.  It's usually something a Linden posted in another section such as Linden Homes or the Tech section.  Not everyone bothers with those.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Now I will do that IF I see something people in the general forums might find useful.  It's usually something a Linden posted in another section such as Linden Homes or the Tech section.  Not everyone bothers with those.

Versus, a highly useful and important picture of one's self that simply must be published multiple places because it's highly useful and important!!1!

I agree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Versus, a highly useful and important picture of one's self that simply must be published multiple places because it's highly useful and important!!1!

I agree.

Which is exactly why I don't post in the vanity threads anymore. It's the people I'm close to that make my SL important. I prefer to showcase THEM, not myself. It's rare that would post a pic only of myself.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sunset over my sim. Cat Island up front, gallery right, my home at the back behind the gallery, and the marine station behind Cat Island. Thanks to @Rowan Amore for all the help with EEP stuff, I finally have a nice custom environment set up for my 1/4 sim. The marked canal allows access from the sim behind Bjorn into Blake cause why block?

Drop by my gallery or Cat Island anytime. Walk around the far side of the gallery past the subway entrance to find the secret zen garden.

sunsetovermysimsmall.thumb.jpg.25c84ca960c887bf82be28bbaeaeda0e.jpg

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Sunset over my sim. Cat Island up front, gallery right, my home at the back behind the gallery, and the marine station behind Cat Island. Thanks to @Rowan Amore for all the help with EEP stuff, I finally have a nice custom environment set up for my 1/4 sim. The marked canal allows access from the sim behind Bjorn into Blake cause why block?

Drop by my gallery or Cat Island anytime. Walk around the far side of the gallery past the subway entrance to find the secret zen garden.sunsetovermysimsmall.thumb.jpg.25c84ca960c887bf82be28bbaeaeda0e.jpg

Gorgeous!  How can I not visit if there is a subway AND a zen garden!!

• Like 2