How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

21 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Sorry for participating in the pizza derailment earlier but I have to fire one last shot.  I was just out to lunch with friends and thought about how much our tastes change over the decades when I ordered my first ever cauliflower crust pizza with tomatoes, broccoli and spinach.  It was just as yummy as it looks:

image.jpeg.56963722ae51a895374e957b715c76dc.jpeg

I would definitely suck on "this"!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

It's my 17th Rez Day.  Time for my annual login lol  Took a pod ride, and checked out a few of my former parcels.  That made me sad, so I logged off.  See you next year lol

17th Rez Day_001.png

Happy Rez Day!!

🎂🍰

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

It's my 17th Rez Day.  Time for my annual login lol  Took a pod ride, and checked out a few of my former parcels.  That made me sad, so I logged off.  See you next year lol

17th Rez Day_001.png

Happy Rez Day from me too!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The House Lady Evergarden and my alt chose to live in!!! I liked another one a bit better for the finish, but she sold me on it when she explained why this one worked better. One was the view of the pasture. Also that we could have a "playroom" upstairs. That's up to me to decorate. The rest, she's better at, but we'll discuss things along the way. 

Snapshot_038.png

Edited by Bagnu
capitalization
  • Like 11

On 8/9/2023 at 7:28 AM, Orwar said:

It always makes me think of that one time my Danish classmate took a serving of Flygande Jacob, she had no idea what it was. I felt so bad for her. 

My supervisor used to bring us Leftza on her return trips from Norway, 5 days old unrefrigerated in her luggage. We'd fake a bite and as soon as she left those rotten potatoes went straight in the trash can.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Snapshot_038.png

I love that house!  My first guesses would be Trompe or maybe Scarlet Creative.  Do tell, please?  Answered my own question cuz I could not resist searching.  It is the Silje Cottage by Trompe:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Silje-Cottage-PG-V12-mesh/19541449

(although I am willing to bet that yours is A and not PG! 😁 )

Edited by Leora Greenwood
dying of curiosity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I love that house!  My first guesses would be Trompe or maybe Scarlet Creative.  Do tell, please?  Answered my own question cuz I could not resist searching.  It is the Silje Cottage by Trompe:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Silje-Cottage-PG-V12-mesh/19541449

(although I am willing to bet that yours is A and not PG! 😁 )

You're dead on!!! That's the one!!! It was $700, which we split. The price shocked me with how low it is. The house Cat and I have from BBX was almost $L20K!!!

Oh, Leora, what could ever make you think that it's "A" instead of "PG"? The sucked on "pizza crusts"? Smiles. Actually, right now it's basically "nothing". Two pieces of "A" furniture is all it has so far.  Lol, yes, it WILL be "A" rated, just like the land it's on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

20K for a house in SL?
Is it 24 karat gold plated?

Our house is the "Infiniti" by BBX. It was created in 3DSMAX, and VRAY (for rendering textures). Those are expensive programs, and they presently require a monthly subscription fee. Even if the creator were using older fully paid versions, the amount of time required to create our home would have been huge. Every detail in every room is impeccable.And this is no small house. Of course it's also MOD and COPY. 

There is more too. It came with 4 or 5 free houses, and 2 free yachts. All of which are original creations, and very high quality as well. These are on sale separately. I actually bought the house for Cat, but I received a free copy. Which is what's rezzed, since Cat doesn't know how to mod, and editing rights don't allow copy or take (so I could restore to original position if something screwed up with a mod).

The support from Aymec Millet has been phenomenal too. He came out to help answer any questions we had, and gave me the unfurnished texture pack, so I could mod the rooms as we needed. His responses were basically immediate, and he kept his word with everything he said he would do to help us.

Is it 24K Gold plated? Was it worth it? I will have to give a resounding "YES" to both. To us, Absolutely.

Here is an inworld link to our home. Come and see it, and judge for yourself:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dreamworld Ibis/194/78/23

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bagnu said:

How much was it?

Hey, you started about house prices. Not me. 🤪
It is a Trompe house, so it hasn't cost me an arm and a leg. Most of them are very affordable IMHO.

Almost all furniture is from 60 L$ weekend sales.
Damn, I'm cheap....

Z5op0K4.jpg

eLIKqO8.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Hey, you started about house prices. Not me. 🤪
It is a Trompe house, so it hasn't cost me an arm and a leg. Most of them are very affordable IMHO.

Almost all furniture is from 60 L$ weekend sales.
Damn, I'm cheap....

Z5op0K4.jpg

eLIKqO8.jpg

I DID actually ask the price for a laugh. I lost it for a minute laughing when you gave me the laugh emoji. What you set up looks great!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

20K for a house in SL?
Is it 24 karat gold plated?

Psst, Sid, wanna buy a 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 cube of solid* gold? Only L$499! 

*I mean, the gold plating is totally solid, 23.5 karat gold leaf! The plywood core is purely to accommodate ease of transportation - I'm thoughtful like that, see!

In seriousness though, the price of a building, or piece of furniture, or clothing, is by no means any indicator of quality in SL (or RL, for that matter!). Some of my favourite items in SL cost L$10 or were just straight up free (as in, that's their permanent price - no sale!). 

I don't mind spending L$ for something I figure is worth it, but for a house to cost L$20K it had better be magical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2