How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

4 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I tried really hard not to post this, but, what is up with the tiny black cube to the far left. I will rezz in and report.

Hahaha --- I had to look really hard for a minute or so before I finally saw what you were talking about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e414a379a540797671bc4564a1302fdb.jpeg

The black cube can be a hunt object. Fun fact, my fave Sl moments were on hunts, it's how I learned camera controls etc.

I went and looked, was not there, anyway, I am afraid moderation might delete me (not the moderators, they follow rules). So, this is how my Second Life looked today.

home.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Very true. My point,  though, is that some people -- either because they have more experience or because they are habitually quick thinkers -- seem to grasp a new idea faster than others.  From their point of view, the new idea may be "obvious" although everyone else can be struggling to figure out what's going on. There's nothing about the idea itself that makes it "obvious" or "intuitive" -- another misleading concept -- it's that some people understand it faster than others.

In this case, it wasn't a matter of the concepts or ideas not being understandable, but a matter of verbiage. In my opinion anyways. 

• Like 1

I'm finished with my apartment, and I do believe my skybox 🥰  I will probably make a few more changes, but for now I am happy with the results.   I've mostly focused on the living room, as that is where the TV is and I spend most of my time, right now stargate is playing on the TV through pluto.tv.  There is also a tiny bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen with sparse furnishings.

Snapshot_657.png.34fa98de4c2b10838e9035154fa8e005.png

The zombie outbreak is still plaguing my neighborhood, the entire area has been quarantined but rent is super cheap now!   

Snapshot_654.png.51cf7cb498cf9a05d3cf389e7be73212.png

Waiting on the zombies, they were a short distance behind me.  I ran into the safety of the bottom floor of the apartment complex which serves as a private store (I get a discount, it is not for use of others), here on the floor is an electrified barrier that will keep them at bay.

Snapshot_651.png.0862028441af61085b40242ba6e60119.png

Here they come, they really do not like that barrier 😜

The end result is 244 Li used for my skybox, which leaves me with just under 400 Li for zombies that spawn along with whatever they may drop.  Each zombie seems to be 14 Li or less, so I could get quite a few of them to spawn but I try to limit it to less than ten at a time. 

Snapshot_655.png.737fb0f2fce739927f600a9ba535cf89.png

I don't think I will make any significant changes, mostly just adjust what I have already rezzed.  Once I am happy, I will put it all in a rezbox and move on to my next theme.  I think it will be fantasy..  I've been flirting with the idea of purchasing a quarter region on the mainland, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to spending that much money a month yet.  It is tempting, and it would be plenty of space and Li for me to have an endless number of themes, many running at once.  I could make quite a cool fantasy themed game spanning a few different skyboxes. 

If I were to spend that much money, I then would be tempted to purchase nice furniture, houses, trees, and well.. that could get pretty pricey for me.  I would also have to do a cyberpunk theme, which would only add more to my expenses..  I try to keep my SL budget really low, so it probably is not going to happen.   I've already spent more than I would normally feel comfortable spending, usually I just rely on my stipend and whatever I make while fishing or playing Lindo.  

If only the monthly tier were not so expensive in SL 😵  Oh well, I'm pretty happy with my 640 Li, it serves its purpose pretty well and I can make it work for me, plus it keeps me from spending too much on the marketplace 🤣

• Like 9

In my Bellisseria home watching The Twilight Zone "The Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine" I have never seen this episode before, and I just started it a few minutes ago after changing my atmosphere settings.  

Snapshot_669.thumb.png.16b10356114a71b106028d6c42846816.png

It is a little spooky out there now.

Snapshot_670.thumb.png.b7ce2d5e70ae73a92882fc53e8602da8.png

My rubber ducky kind of cheers up the day, he can barely be seen in the pool to the right.  Oops the episode just ended, the next episode is coming up though.  

• Like 8

Still watching TV in my home, but my kittycat decided to hop in my lap to protect me.  I decided to put on some Star Trek, it is a little easier on my overactive imagination.

Snapshot_700.thumb.png.0a95488d7fa345f7730c6ce450fe7425.png

Just when I was feeling less spooked by the scary shows I was watching earlier, I heard something outside that I had to investigate.  I think I will bring Cuddles my cat with me, just incase.

Snapshot_718.thumb.png.302e27fe3d98750525a622ae1fdf1542.png

Cuddles assures me that everything is okay.  I'm off to Chelsea Hotel here shortly, hopefully there are no zombies there either.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Istelathis said:

In my Bellisseria home watching The Twilight Zone "The Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine" I have never seen this episode before, and I just started it a few minutes ago after changing my atmosphere settings.  

Oddly, I have never tried watching YouTube or any TV in SL; do you have a TV set to recommend?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Oddly, I have never tried watching YouTube or any TV in SL; do you have a TV set to recommend?

I made a prim for our Penthouse downstairs wall, and used media as the texture. Then added the url. Simple, and free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

This is just a standard prim, if you go to edit and change the drop down for materials  to media you can create them for free :D  I would suggest turning off autoplay from the "choose" button so it doesn't automatically play for everyone.  You can make really huge TVs this way, even theater sized ones  

Snapshot_770.thumb.png.6a91c14eac6dfc4116576f41ce2fe2a4.png

Snapshot_771.thumb.png.644e52ef72ed3baa97e91dde2f09ca14.png

• Thanks 2

I had such a fun time today hanging out with @Istelathis@Gregorian Chant (and Eddy), and @archangel969.

I took a couple of snapshots of the occasion, all of which I posted to my personal blog here: https://veileddream.wordpress.com/2023/02/07/chelsea/

Looking forward to another potential get together sometime. 🙂

vf_feb_2023_020_001.thumb.jpg.5dbd4bce04811ee0639b00948d9d144f.jpg

vf_feb_2023_019_001.thumb.jpg.15a6bd627e40c5e70b5c2aa00cd556d8.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, VaelFaye said:

I had such a fun time today hanging out with @Istelathis@Gregorian Chant (and Eddy), and @archangel969.

I took a couple of snapshots of the occasion, all of which I posted to my personal blog here: https://veileddream.wordpress.com/2023/02/07/chelsea/

Looking forward to another potential get together sometime. 🙂

It was a lot of fun, I usually avoid socializing but decided to give it a go and really enjoyed myself.  Thank you for the lovely photos and fun time.  

2 hours ago, archangel969 said:

No zombies, but ghosts, yes 😉

Agreed, they were in force at Chelsea, and playing around with Ouija boards is probably not a good idea in a hotel that is known to have a ghost 😨 

131540085_Snapshot_754(3).thumb.png.dde44a2e4127c24df88c433f677ecacd.png

Depicted above, totally real picture of the ghost.. skeptics stop skepticisizing, this is the real thing.  Look at the filters applied!

This ghost would appear momentarily, then vanish!  The first time it appeared, it took another person with it when it vanished, I imagine their fate is now to haunt the halls of the Chelsea Hotel. Be wary fellow explorers and travelers, bring your good luck charms when wandering this place (Or just don't play around with Ouija boards🤣)  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5