Cool Stuff to DO on the Mainland

Feorie Frimon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm working on a community board for the Operation Mainland project - the idea is to have LMs for vistors to snag a copy of about cool things to do on the mainland.

I'd also like to use some of these suggestions in some up coming 'mainland featured' Youtube videos I'm working on where I try the experience (whatever it is) and then tell other people how to find it and try it, too. Think, like... me trying to sail or fly a plane...or try GTFO. These videos will not be negative in nature, but more designed to show residents how cool the mainland can be and some of the gems that are out there. 

I figured you all were the ones to ask - what are the SURLs of some of your favorite places on the SL Mainland? :)

Edited by Feorie Frimon
Added the bit about needing SURLS
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

You might get some inspiration from the places in this thread:

For example, I think Page 8 has the Zany Zen Railway, which is well worth a visit 

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Somdari/239/201/46

I still haven't visited all the places listed, so I was gonna suggest that thread.  Also the Favorite Places thread, or whatever it's called.  Plus someone has a list of old Linden builds.  

• Like 2

They haven't been updated in about five years, but the wiki has an official page of LDPW projects that's sort of a directory of directories, including a link to the LDPW Parks and Recreation Directory. (Maybe that's all old hat for Operation Mainland, but if it isn't, it should be.)

I see the link to the LDPW Nautilus page is messed up in the Parks and Recreation Directory, it should link here instead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've always thought that the LW/SL Beta Residents commemoration plaques in Plum were stupidly misplaced in Plum region, as Plum didn't exist during that Beta period of the original 16 San Francisco sim regions.

The commemoration plaques should be relocated into a more deserving, higher profile and actual Beta period sim region , such as Da Boom or Natoma.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2

I keep myself busy for hours, and lately I've been visiting a lot of art galleries.

You can go to Virtual Soho or Virtual Chelsea, which has been something of a replacement for me for the real places I haven't been able to go to during the pandemic. These could have just as well been placed on a private island, but yet they weren't.

There's an art show at the Carmel Art Community right now. But even when that finishes, there are a lot of permanent galleries there to see.

There's the Campbell Coast area which has art galleries and other activities.

Bellisseria is said by some not to be Mainland, but I believe it is, and of course it has many nice natural areas created by the Moles like this one, Leias Landing.

There is the SLRR on the old Mainland (you can get some free trains here in Tuliptree) and the new one in Bellisseria.

I like to explore funny old areas like this pyramid which has the Mocha Cathedral nearby and other sites.

I'm lucky that I am easily entertained and like to explore alone. I don't like clubs and events where I have to stare at my avatar dancing which I find dull. Things that are on a schedule like a book club are hard to go to.

I think if you use search/places, as broken as it is, with search terms about what you like, you will find something.

I maintain the SL Public Land Preserve which has lots of places to explore and gifts, the latest addition is Bloodrose Plateau.

Open the map and click on a place that looks interesting.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.