I'm done with BOM, HD and everything new ;D

Suspended Shepherd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

long story short questions.

I felt in Love  with a new BOM Skin from Pumec and switched therefore from my "NoBom Chloe 3.3 to BOM-Chloe 3.4. I didn't have the need to go to BOM before.
Than the Odyssey started: My mouth!

I have several lipsticks I love, but it won't fit my mouth anymore (or sometimes doesn't apply anyway). I spended a lot of time trying to build the same mouth, several Bom-fixes for this and that from Izzie's expecially for the mouth but it still won't fit the "old" head.

I tried Lilly for one day Silvester and don't liked it as much as my "own" head. Than I tried the newest Lelutkas incl. the brandnew X versions at the Skin Fair, but I still love my Chloe at most and don't want to restore it with another head. With the new Generation I also cant't use my makeup too PLUS I do like plummy big lips, but only on others. I don't want them, since 13 years my Avi have narrow lips and I don't want to change that.

So today I gave it all a last try:  I bought the old Omega "Baked on mesh" in the Marketplace and thought maybe that works with Chloe version 3.3 with the "BakeOnMesh" Button and the pumec skin.
I ended up very annoyed with a 50% (?) red face in the middle. Tried everything, rerouting aso...
To make it short: I am totally confused! This doesn't work with that, and that not without this ...

I understand BOM in so far, that you don't use any alpha and it works. But it doesnt.

Now to my question: is there any way, to use new pumec BOM skins on my Lelutka Chloe 3.4? Or does it always ending up with an odd mouth?

Okay, than I thought, maybe I have to use "older" BOM skins expecially for Chloe, but: WHERE can I find them? After ours in the Marketplace and Stores looking for older BOM Skins now I am done.

I really hope, I am only to stupid and with one klick "tadaaaa" my problem is solved. But after klicking and switching and cursing since hours and days  I don't believe that anymore.

Still confused,

yours, S.

PS.: I wish I bought more skins in the last few years before the HD heads from Lelutka came up

Before / Since years without BOM:

aaa_before.thumb.JPG.299986344b54a8cbbe3bd57fd50d246e.JPG

With Bom, same Lipstick:

aaa_after.thumb.JPG.1c1dbf2f48d30aaaf47fb88d967855f5.JPG

Edited by Suspended Shepherd
  • Like 1

• Suspended Shepherd changed the title to I'm done with BOM, HD and everything new ;D

The problem isn't BOM vs non-BOM. Both are just a texture. (Unless the skin creator actually changed the texture rather than just putting it into a system layer.)

The problem is the new head, for sure. The mesh is what decides HOW a texture is placed on it. A different head will almost absolutely have a different "texture map," which means that the same texture won't look the same.

If the head is the same but the "BOM update" looks different, the texture was changed and the only solution is to stick with the old texture.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

Chloe and Greer came out in the same release, yes?

I know for sure that League made skins and lipsticks based on Greer, so you should try them. The topography of the heads that are "same age" will be more similar than newer heads.

All applier lipsticks made for Evo or Evo X will not show on Chloe at all. BoM made for Evo and Evo X heads will show, but probably look strange.

But I think League has the appliers for Origins heads in their store, and maybe even updated BoM.

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 3

Deetalez has skins for Origins as well, and they have big signs clearly marking which ones fit what. And for any skin you try no matter the  maker, I would especially pay attention to the ads /signs to see if it mentions a certain Origins head that it fits. Just for those lip issues. And always demo for awhile . If you are anything like me, I impulse buy too much then find something almost the moment  I fork over the money that I hate >.< If you are still interested in looking at one of the newer heads for the sake of more options, I would recommend you try Sasha. I also like smaller lips, and you can definitely get smaller ones on her. You will however probably need to adjust your shape quite a bit on those heads. Good luck!

Edited by Laurel Aurelia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Suspended Shepherd said:

Hello,

long story short questions.

I felt in Love  with a new BOM Skin from Pumec and switched therefore from my "NoBom Chloe 3.3 to BOM-Chloe 3.4. I didn't have the need to go to BOM before.
Than the Odyssey started: My mouth!

I have several lipsticks I love, but it won't fit my mouth anymore (or sometimes doesn't apply anyway). I spended a lot of time trying to build the same mouth, several Bom-fixes for this and that from Izzie's expecially for the mouth but it still won't fit the "old" head.

I tried Lilly for one day Silvester and don't liked it as much as my "own" head. Than I tried the newest Lelutkas incl. the brandnew X versions at the Skin Fair, but I still love my Chloe at most and don't want to restore it with another head. With the new Generation I also cant't use my makeup too PLUS I do like plummy big lips, but only on others. I don't want them, since 13 years my Avi have narrow lips and I don't want to change that.

So today I gave it all a last try:  I bought the old Omega "Baked on mesh" in the Marketplace and thought maybe that works with Chloe version 3.3 with the "BakeOnMesh" Button and the pumec skin.
I ended up very annoyed with a 50% (?) red face in the middle. Tried everything, rerouting aso...
To make it short: I am totally confused! This doesn't work with that, and that not without this ...

I understand BOM in so far, that you don't use any alpha and it works. But it doesnt.

Now to my question: is there any way, to use new pumec BOM skins on my Lelutka Chloe 3.4? Or does it always ending up with an odd mouth?

Okay, than I thought, maybe I have to use "older" BOM skins expecially for Chloe, but: WHERE can I find them? After ours in the Marketplace and Stores looking for older BOM Skins now I am done.

I really hope, I am only to stupid and with one klick "tadaaaa" my problem is solved. But after klicking and switching and cursing since hours and days  I don't believe that anymore.

Still confused,

yours, S.

PS.: I wish I bought more skins in the last few years before the HD heads from Lelutka came up

Before / Since years without BOM:

aaa_before.thumb.JPG.299986344b54a8cbbe3bd57fd50d246e.JPG

With Bom, same Lipstick:

aaa_after.thumb.JPG.1c1dbf2f48d30aaaf47fb88d967855f5.JPG

@Suspended ShepherdHi there.

You are not alone i have same problems ~ my Avatar looks like she has been injected with Botox ~ i have so many beautiful makeups and then realise have i to begin again. I have gone back to before after a week of trying everything ~ i am not tech orientated which makes it worse but when i see the Pro artists on Flickr go back to before BOM i feel somewhat not so defeated. Perhaps one day i will change heads (i have them) but i love the one i have ~ thank you for sharing this and the pictures as it gave me a smile and my mouth is even worse:)
Kind wishes Amber 

Not used to posting here so i hope i did this okay

Edited by AmberWildcool
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Suspended Shepherd said:

In short, no; it will probably always end up with that odd mouth.

Any 'new' skins by Pumec will likely be created on the Lelutka Evo UV map, which is different from the Lelutka Origins UV map that your Chloe head uses.

From the Lelutka FAQ page:

58be1c36f67a5832c6de5067db52bdfe.png

Note the answer to that second question. You are trying the reverse of that question: using an Evo range skin on an Origins range head.

The simplest way to understand how UV maps work is to think of them as a square of origami paper. One person will fold that paper into a crane while another person will fold it into a flamingo, but it starts out as the same piece of paper. Lets say that the crane-folder is the Lelutka brand, and the flamingo-folder is the Catwa brand.

Now imagine painting the folded crane to look like a crane, and the folded flamingo to look like a flamingo. Unfold both of them and swap them over. Lelutka is now going to fold their crane with the flamingo-painted paper, and Catwa will fold their flamingo with the crane-painted paper. The end results will look a bit odd, because the painting was done for a different shaped bird. That is why - while you can actually wear a BoM skin created for Catwa on Lelutka (or vice versa) - it won't look right.

When Lelutka created the Evolution range they did a slightly similar thing with their 'square of origami paper'. They still folded it into a crane, but it was a more detailed crane with a lot more folds. Imagine that the 'new Pumec skin' you like was painted specifically onto that more detailed crane. If you unfold that detail-painted crane and then fold it into the shape of the older painted crane, then - just like the earlier swap with Catwa - it won't look right. That is why the new Pumec skin won't look right on your Chloe head.

When you're looking for skins, pay attention to the logo on the ad. The logo shown below on the left is the one you need to look for:

lel_origins_vs_evo.png.86bc014a980169717c8587932d5dba13.png

• Like 3

Simply happy again with well known  "old" stuff (Current: Glam affair Angelina Jamaica) :)
Maybe in 2-3 years I will switch to the "newest" but for my opinion its crazy to need a lot of hours and money to get the same look as before (expecially the lips and my eyes). Everybody have another taste and I wanna have exactly that Look and wanted to go more perfect, but not more hyaluronic ;D

So no glowy shiny skin for me, because the market seems empty for my taste with Lelutka Classic, and the great Pumec skin for Lelutka classic / Maitreya don't match my lips as you seen.  Wasted a lot of money so far and here I STOP. Would be great to gift all this to somebody, but its always no trans as you know.

I thank you for your answers and I wish you all a nice weekend and happiness with your Avi :)

aaa_simply_happy_again.JPG

aaa_not_really_bad.JPG

aaa_no_bom.JPG

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.