Die Betrunkene Maus - Chalet community center?

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That drunken mouse, Patch, is up to his flickr tricks and yes, it is tagged "Linden Homes".  I haven't been back to the demo region, are there bars like this all over the place, or could this be a community center?  It's very nice, and it looks like too big a build to fit in one of the homes, the ceiling is way high.  Can't see much out the windows, might be by the water,  I'm very curious about the chalet landscape :)

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 🍀

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

I think for the first time, I may actually pass on the new Linden Home theme...  as I'm drowning in Linden Homes at the moment that I've dedicated months of GOH's diligence for that simply cannot be topped....BUT...if that pub is coming soon with the new Chalets, you can bet you'll find me there as a transient throwing back a few cold ones haha!  Love it!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

That drunken mouse, Patch, is up to his flickr tricks and yes, it is tagged "Linden Homes".  I haven't been back to the demo region, are there bars like this all over the place, or could this be a community center?  It's very nice, and it looks like too big a build to fit in one of the homes, the ceiling is way high.  Can't see much out the windows, might be by the water,  I'm very curious about the chalet landscape :)

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! 🍀

Yep, my bet is the Chalet Community Center.

I've been trying to keep any eye on his Flickr for hints of stuff, but hadn't seen this one yet.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

My guess is a community area, there's nothing like this in the demo region, If you haven't been back to the demos there has been a change half the homes are showcasing more open plan interiors. the one home where the open plan really doesn't work in the way that it's been done is the bungalow. while this isn't a theme i'll be going for i'd certainly visit the pub for a Weiss beer or two

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another Chalet pic from @Patch Linden, this one wishing all a good weekend :)  Welcome to BellVaria!

This is such a gorgeous shot, suffused with incredible peace.  [Almost enough to make me try EEP, tho I think it could be created with just windlight.]   I usually use transparent water, but the reflections here on the opaque water surface (appropriate for this slanting light) are so realistic, you can hear the water lapping at the boat.

A few other observations:

> I haven't seen a mole working in either the Belli chalet regions or SSP2001 etc. for the last couple of days.  That usually means release is VERY soon.

> Moles ARE working in the 16 SSP25xx regions.  Next theme, as others have posited?

> Is that the community center lurking behind the cooler?

> Patch tagged this "Fachwerkhaus" as well as "Chalets".  I believe he also referred to them as 'Fachwerkhaus" in the recent H&G interview (I heard it as 'clockwork' when I first listened, sorry), and provided an update to Inara Pey explaining the term when she first blogged about them.  I think in naming the style "chalet", they are just bowing to the vocabularies of the massive number of English-only speakers in SL.  I view that as simple practicality.

> Did I mention that I really love this picture?

Weekends and Windmills

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Weekends and Windmills

With the title of the pic being "Weekends and Windmills" I have a suspicion that the release may be tomorrow.  It does seem odd to release on a weekend, in case stuff goes wrong, but then again with everyone working from home I guess people are a bit more flexible with days and shifts. 

If it IS tomorrow, then it's time for a reminder for people to NOT mess with the house rezzer during the release - that's what caused issues with the Stilts when they first launched.

1 hour ago, Karly Kiyori said:

With the title of the pic being "Weekends and Windmills" I have a suspicion that the release may be tomorrow.  It does seem odd to release on a weekend, in case stuff goes wrong, but then again with everyone working from home I guess people are a bit more flexible with days and shifts. 

If it IS tomorrow, then it's time for a reminder for people to NOT mess with the house rezzer during the release - that's what caused issues with the Stilts when they first launched.

Patch has said in the past that the big releases would never taken place on a weekend. Too many people from several teams are required to make that happen.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.