Residential Communities on the Mainland

Trinity Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

You replaced the sandwich board and balloons with an electronic sign for all three of your recent listings.  And I just now realized that while I wanted the object as a collector's item, I wouldn't have owned it even if I bought the land lol

I would totally send you one, but it's no Transfer. But instead, I'll send you the 'Landowners' package. It's got a fancy banner and a garden gnome with the sign. :) 

But if you need that parcel for something you are working on, let me know. I'll sell it to you at the same price I got it from the Lindens. I know you'll do something cool with it for the greater mainland community. ❤️ Just let me know and I'll set it to sale for you.

gnome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Feorie Frimon said:

I would totally send you one, but it's no Transfer. But instead, I'll send you the 'Landowners' package. It's got a fancy banner and a garden gnome with the sign. :) 

But if you need that parcel for something you are working on, let me know. I'll sell it to you at the same price I got it from the Lindens. I know you'll do something cool with it for the greater mainland community. ❤️ Just let me know and I'll set it to sale for you.

gnome.jpg

Thanks for the gift!

As to the land, 1024 would bop me to another tier level, and I already did that for an alt just to get the other land.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the land yet.  I've just been terraforming and trying out various houses, as well as strategizing for a few things to block the view of a few things adjacent to the property.

I'll probably add some stuff underwater for the mermaids and divers to look at.  My impulse to make it a rez zone for boaters stems from a nearby place that will let you rez -- IF you join their group.  That's not how I roll.  I'm pretty sure that if I do make a rez zone open to everyone, it will be the only one on the lake.

This will all take me a while, due to wanting to furnish some of my other properties, figuring out what to do with my left over tier, my usual exploring (rode a passing pod all over Hetoracea), and a ton of real-life issues.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2021 at 12:47 AM, Vixtee said:

Hi @Trinity Heartsong and allll! My residential community - Winter Cove, is located in the Snowlands and is currently in the works! I hope that is the one @Yukiko Yeshto is referring to! It is set to open in August. It was opened, but I felt it needed to be redone so it is! It has a plaza that will be across the street with stores. The residential side has a park and oh my gosh so much lol. I'll repost again the info along with the landmark once done. Thank you!

Hi all! Just popping in to let you all knnow that Winter Cove officially opens today. I do hope you all can stop by! 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Vixtee said:

Hi all! Just popping in to let you all knnow that Winter Cove officially opens today. I do hope you all can stop by! 

You (and others perhaps) did a REALLY lovely job! Landmarked for winter photos for sure!

If these are rentals though, it isn't (at all) clear how to rent or who to contact even after I finally found the tiny  info booklet prop in the rental office and got to a web page.  So you might want to think on that LOL.   I REALLY was looking even though I have a winter place.   

Thanks for posting. 

• Like 4

@Vixtee Lovely job! I liked what you did before already but now it got even a 1000 times better! I really enjoy all the additional references to winter that you came up with around the area (e.g the ice bar). You nailed the atmosphere of the magic of a christmas market at the plaza, in my opinion. I also saw quite a few spots where thoughts like "Oh yes, that would be a funny thing to do", or "Ahahaha, imagine this being used for an event" instantly crossed my mind. Yep, your place offers many options to enjoy SL, and once more, I wish you much success with it! If I didn't have my monthly budget maxed out already, I would definitely want to have a little snow house there.
By the way, I now have a bus that can take quite a bunch of passengers. Guess I will come by for a tour once again soon ;)

Edited by Yukiko Yeshto
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

You (and others perhaps) did a REALLY lovely job! Landmarked for winter photos for sure!

If these are rentals though, it isn't (at all) clear how to rent or who to contact even after I finally found the tiny  info booklet prop in the rental office and got to a web page.  So you might want to think on that LOL.   I REALLY was looking even though I have a winter place.   

Thanks for posting. 

For others who might be interested in renting, I found it quite easy to see the list of available rentals. Just go to the spot in the link given, and you land just outside the rental office. The link to the Casper page showing available rentals is in a couple of the clearly marked tablets below the large media screen on the wall in the rental office.

Click on one of the buttons below the home you are interested in, and you can TP to the home and rent from the rental box at the home. The few I visited all had rental boxes just inside the front door.

No need to contact anyone, really. It seems straight forward enough to me and just like every other place that I rent from.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Yukiko Yeshto said:

@Vixtee Lovely job! I liked what you did before already but now it got even a 1000 times better! I really enjoy all the additional references to winter that you came up with around the area (e.g the ice bar). You nailed the atmosphere of the magic of a christmas market at the plaza, in my opinion. I also saw quite a few spots where thoughts like "Oh yes, that would be a funny thing to do", or "Ahahaha, imagine this being used for an event" instantly crossed my mind. Yep, your place offers many options to enjoy SL, and once more, I wish you much success with it! If I didn't have my monthly budget maxed out already, I would definitely want to have a little snow house there.
By the way, I now have a bus that can take quite a bunch of passengers. Guess I will come by for a tour once again soon ;)

You are amazing @Yukiko Yeshto and I thank you so much for coming byyyyy. Yes! Definitely put us on your tour route! I hope to see you back again very soon!

Edited by Vixtee
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

For others who might be interested in renting, I found it quite easy to see the list of available rentals. Just go to the spot in the link given, and you land just outside the rental office. The link to the Casper page showing available rentals is in a couple of the clearly marked tablets below the large media screen on the wall in the rental office.

Click on one of the buttons below the home you are interested in, and you can TP to the home and rent from the rental box at the home. The few I visited all had rental boxes just inside the front door.

No need to contact anyone, really. It seems straight forward enough to me and just like every other place that I rent from.

Thank you so much @Elena Core! You are absolutely correct. It's pretty straight forward. You can take a walk to tour the homes and rent straight from any mailbox or outdoor lighting fixture depending on the rental. There is floating text for a hint lol. Or you can just go into the rental office to the two kiosks marked AVAILABLE RENTALS and from there you will be shown what's available , click the one you're interesting for a teleport or rent straight from the kiosk. BOOM. You're all set! I hope you all at least pop over for a look. Thank you!

Edited by Vixtee
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Thanks for posting. 

@Chic Aeon Thanks for stopping in!  It's pretty straight forward. You can take a walk to tour the homes and rent straight from any mailbox or outdoor lighting fixture depending on the rental. There is floating text for a hint lol. Or you can just go into the rental office to the two kiosks marked AVAILABLE RENTALS and from there you will be shown what's available , click the one you're interesting for a teleport or rent straight from the kiosk. BOOM. You're all set! I hope you'll visit again soon!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

TY, @Sylvia Tamalyn!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Vixtee said:

@Chic Aeon Thanks for stopping in!  It's pretty straight forward. You can take a walk to tour the homes and rent straight from any mailbox or outdoor lighting fixture depending on the rental. There is floating text for a hint lol. Or you can just go into the rental office to the two kiosks marked AVAILABLE RENTALS and from there you will be shown what's available , click the one you're interesting for a teleport or rent straight from the kiosk. BOOM. You're all set! I hope you'll visit again soon!

OK. Good. Important to know that lots of us old folks don't "walk" we cam and can't see floating text on rental boxes.  It IS prettier I agree.   When I was there I saw lots of kiosk looking things but all had what looked like placeholder text on them.  Guess I missed the correct one.  And some links to the website go to a 404 error page.  

We all shop differently :D.   

You really did do a great job!!!!  Very pretty.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK. Good. Important to know that lots of us old folks don't "walk" we cam and can't see floating text on rental boxes.  It IS prettier I agree.   When I was there I saw lots of kiosk looking things but all had what looked like placeholder text on them.  Guess I missed the correct one.  And some links to the website go to a 404 error page.  

We all shop differently :D.   

You really did do a great job!!!!  Very pretty.  

Noted. Well thanks for visiting!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vixtee said:

Noted. Well thanks for visiting!

I went back as I like to cross those "t"s.  The reason I couldn't see the "AVAILABLE" signs in the rental office was a EEP setting. In my everyday EEP which is a bright blue sky on a winter day sort of thing, the text was illegible unless you cammed in SUPER close and really looked (I do mean really LOL).  To me it looked like super light gray on a pearly white.  

I got a couple more error messages with website as well as with the Tourist Kiosk when I tried to add your spot  to my passport (looked like missing inventory picture maybe).   And on your rental listing the teleport feature doesn't work for me (Chrome).  I get an error message saying that it doesn't look correct and do I want to copy it to my clipboard. 

I did do that and I did get to rental.  Again, I could barely read the for rent sign as very little contrast.   And you have a very large error on the rental page on price.  I'll let you find that :D.  It is pretty obvious LOL but I went to check to just make sure there wasn't some rare bargain going on.  

Not being negative in any way. It is truly a lovely spot , it's just that I tested for many years as part of my job and I know that most folks do NOT test. Hence issues :D.

Wishing you all the best.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I went back as I like to cross those "t"s.  The reason I couldn't see the "AVAILABLE" signs in the rental office was a EEP setting. In my everyday EEP which is a bright blue sky on a winter day sort of thing, the text was illegible unless you cammed in SUPER close and really looked (I do mean really LOL).  To me it looked like super light gray on a pearly white.  

I got a couple more error messages with website as well as with the Tourist Kiosk when I tried to add your spot  to my passport (looked like missing inventory picture maybe).   And on your rental listing the teleport feature doesn't work for me (Chrome).  I get an error message saying that it doesn't look correct and do I want to copy it to my clipboard. 

I did do that and I did get to rental.  Again, I could barely read the for rent sign as very little contrast.   And you have a very large error on the rental page on price.  I'll let you find that :D.  It is pretty obvious LOL but I went to check to just make sure there wasn't some rare bargain going on.  

Not being negative in any way. It is truly a lovely spot , it's just that I tested for many years as part of my job and I know that most folks do NOT test. Hence issues :D.

Boy that testing thing in brutal - when the FT passport came out I got slammed. But I’m grateful for it now… it’s a good way to know when things don’t work. And now I know who to ask when I need something tested. 😁

I’ll check the kiosk on my rounds on Tuesday & Wednesday! :)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I’ve tested them as well and found no errors. I’m sorry you had such a terrible experience.

If you’re talking about the rental that has zero no worries it’s locked and can not be rented. The pay rent is not even available. Unfortunately I am unable to hide it on the Casper and may just delete the unit until it’s actually ready. I see no other errors with the kiosks or pricing. I have however placed for rent signs that say touch me so that those that can not see the floating text can hopefully see the big for rent signs. Thanks for that! 

I recently registered for the passport kiosk so I’m sure that will be fixed this week. 

Anyways thanks again for visiting. I hope future visits won’t be as error filled and you will have a pleasant time while there. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Feorie Frimon said:

Boy that testing thing in brutal - when the FT passport came out I got slammed. But I’m grateful for it now… it’s a good way to know when things don’t work. And now I know who to ask when I need something tested. 😁

I’ll check the kiosk on my rounds on Tuesday & Wednesday! :)

Thank you I just registered it last night so not sure about the process after that.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 953 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.