Realistic African Female Skins for Maitreya/Genus (BoM Preferred)

Tadrie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there!

Ok, my all time FAVORITE skin store at the moment is . MILA . I adore the detail, and the tones are all very diverse. Some skins cater to darker tones, whilst others are focused on lighter tones. It just depends on what you want. Regardless, this is my one and only recommendation, haha. 

Much love!

Hi Tadrie,

Yes, the selection of skins for POC are an issue. The stores others have listed above have some nice ones to try, and I'd add Not Found too. In all cases, demo as many skins as possible, and grab one you like while it's still around... they come and go pretty frequently.

Be prepared for all skins to be one color all over. I have never found a skin anywhere that allows for melanin-free palms and soles. There are products on SL Marketplace that will make your soles red or dirty, but nothing that makes palms and soles pale and clean. :-(

12 minutes ago, Waiomao said:

Hi Tadrie,

Yes, the selection of skins for POC are an issue. The stores others have listed above have some nice ones to try, and I'd add Not Found too. In all cases, demo as many skins as possible, and grab one you like while it's still around... they come and go pretty frequently.

Be prepared for all skins to be one color all over. I have never found a skin anywhere that allows for melanin-free palms and soles. There are products on SL Marketplace that will make your soles red or dirty, but nothing that makes palms and soles pale and clean. 😞

They’re kind of expensive, but I use palm and sole tattoos from Body on MP. They’re decent.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

They’re kind of expensive, but I use palm and sole tattoos from Body on MP. They’re decent.

Lure used to do a pretty good job with palms and soles.  I haven't checked them lately.  I think itgirls does a decent job with it too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you use a Catwa or Genus head (as the thread title notes is the case) there is also Angel Rock. They offer the darkest skin tones of anyone I've yet to discover, but also range out to much lighter tones.

Sadly they don't yet support Lelutka (what I use) for any of their African skins.

Lelutka used to make 'nordic only' heads, but now makes the most 'authentic looking diverse' range of heads of anyone I've yet to find.

But it looks like Angel Rock isn't yet aware of that - the only Lelutka skins they offer are modeled on the pre-Evo heads in the adverts.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 7:45 PM, Talligurl said:

Maybe I am missing something, No one mentioned FineA88Girls, is there something wrong with them I am missing?

I took a look at those.  They're a little too much on the orange side for my taste.  Also, 2500L for a skin is kind of high.  I picked up a demo so I'll see what it actually looks like but I still.wouldn't pay that for a skin.  You can get better quality for a little over 1000L at Mila.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

They're a little too much on the orange side for my taste

Yes, they are a little orangy now that you mention it. About a week after I started SL. I bought a new classic avatar and it had a simarly orangy skin. I ran around in that for years  resisting the transition to mesh. That tone came to be "me" in my mind, and when I finally went mesh, I tried to duplicate it, but was not really satisfied. Then BoM let me use the skin from that old avatar, which was great but my hands and feet looked like I had impetigo, so I started looking for a solution. None of the fixes  seemed to do it very well. I really liked the fact that the skin I had went from head to toe instead of having separate ones for head and body.  And then I tried the 88 girl skin and it seemed to meet all my wants. The only issue was that price. As everyone knows of course, price is less of a comcern to me than it is to most, though I do worry about it still. So in the end I went ahead and did it.

On 2/19/2021 at 10:54 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

If you use a Catwa or Genus head (as the thread title notes is the case) there is also Angel Rock. They offer the darkest skin tones of anyone I've yet to discover, but also range out to much lighter tones.

Sadly they don't yet support Lelutka (what I use) for any of their African skins.

Lelutka used to make 'nordic only' heads, but now makes the most 'authentic looking diverse' range of heads of anyone I've yet to find.

But it looks like Angel Rock isn't yet aware of that - the only Lelutka skins they offer are modeled on the pre-Evo heads in the adverts.

I used Angel Rock for years and still would if they supported LeLutka heads.

On 2/23/2021 at 4:45 PM, Talligurl said:

Maybe I am missing something, No one mentioned FineA88Girls, is there something wrong with them I am missing?

Finding issue.

I find it's very hard to fine African female skins. I use search and 90% of what comes back is people 'gaming' the keywords to make their stuff show even if it has nothing to do with what I want. When what you want is a Caucasian skin that usually still returns a list of relevant things, but anytime I go off of that - I basically get 89 pages of blond white female to every 1 page of African... when I search for African... (not an exact example... but things like this happen often).

So I mention what I have found.

And thanks for one more to go look at that I hadn't heard of yet.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:36 PM, Janet Voxel said:

NEW SKIN

Moccino Beaute has great makeup for darker skin tones too.

Babe

JAYDA @ CAKE DAY

Fem

This is a really nice looking brand. They have a very dark tone available too. Reminiscent of the darker tones Angel Rock has. I find most brands have something they call their darkest that looks almost 'white chocolate' to my eyes, so it's always nice to find a brand that when it says it has African skins, has a full range of tones and isn't promoting colorism.

Demoing everything from these folks to see if one of them is a fit for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.