WTH is .....

Aethelwine

On 8/29/2021 at 5:18 AM, Aethelwine said:

Fascinating and more detailed read than I have seen documented anywhere else. It would be nice if stuff like that was archived on the wikia or the wiki.

True.  War, no matter how tiny, is always a train wreck.  So, appropriately, instead of actual documentation re:Jessie there is this train wreck.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2021 at 7:33 AM, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Route 10 in Jeogeot, Lil Burn Valley region possible? 

Drivers of SL group stopped at that gas station on a drive only a few weeks ago.

There's no region called "Lil Burn Valley", nor is there on called "Burn Valley".

Wait.  I checked the map, and there IS a region called "LILL Burn Valley" -- note the TWO "L's" at the end.

That's not the spot...but, you're within 1 Km of the right spot, so that narrows things down quite considerably.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah

This next place is a privately owned location on mainland that has delighted visitors for 12 years now.

Here I am watching some big chap fishing with a trident

Snapshot_235.thumb.jpg.7a19368885672230a9b3bcd64b89002f.jpg

This photo sort of illustrates how much is going on here... everywhere you look there is something to draw your eye:

Snapshot_236.thumb.jpg.88b805cfcc92774c95e915f0163c03ca.jpg

The approach to it by road has always been joyfully bright.

A shadow really of how it was, but if you imagine this style of decoration extending a region in every direction, then it will give you some idea of what it was like 8 or so years ago.

Snapshot_237.thumb.jpg.822cf08b0427b1851ef53743488db197.jpg

Edited by Aethelwine

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2021 at 7:27 PM, Aethelwine said:

A thread in General discussions has reminded me of a game we used to play on one of the sailing forums.

Basically the idea is that someone posts a photo of themselves somewhere recognisable in SL for others to guess where they are. The person that guesses right gets to post the question next along with a picture of them in a location. If after a day or two no one has posted the location, then you would start posting hints or asking for them.

I don't want to create lots of rules, it should be obvious really how it would work. But basically acceptable locations have to be reasonably recognisable and because of where I am posting this on mainland. So that would mean LDPW builds or builds that are in a public space and have been there for several years. So the Bellisseria Fairgrounds whilst only around a year or so, would qualify as it is a LDPW build.

Really the most important thing is to have fun and share locations of interest and hopefully develop respect and appreciation of the history of mainland.

Enough talk so lets start it off....

Where the heck is Aethelwine?

WTH is Aet_001.jpg

Some  sort of a museum... is it?