WTH is .....

Aethelwine

ok, well after standing around for 20 minutes waiting for things to rez, i managed to snap this pic.

So my clue is:

After your plane touches down at Port Calleta airport, you find yourself driving along the road, heading into a beautiful sunset. After a short time, the smell of grapes fills your nostrils, and you glance right, towards soft rolling hills, discovering a quaint yet expansive Tuscan village, complete with lush vineyards. Where better to stop and rest?

Mainland.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

ok, well after standing around for 20 minutes waiting for things to rez, i managed to snap this pic.

So my clue is:

After your plane touches down at Port Calleta airport, you find yourself driving along the road, heading into a beautiful sunset. After a short time, the smell of grapes fills your nostrils, and you glance right, towards soft rolling hills, discovering a quaint yet expansive Tuscan village, complete with lush vineyards. Where better to stop and rest?

I think you are at Petofi Villas, next to the Italian Village of Ciampi. A beautiful series of regions to explore!

Snapshot_201.jpg

And a nice place to drink coffee...

Snapshot_202.thumb.jpg.d7c4ac2c769093843ec5bc924b6f6fc9.jpg

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3

I am now exploring off route 3, a National Forest, with caves and trails and rentals.

Click the sign shown side on, in this photo to obscure the name, by the road for a notecard that explains and gives some landmarks:

Snapshot_203.thumb.jpg.b0756337abfafac6aa095271e9da588e.jpg

Snapshot_204.thumb.jpg.519b0f76eeb74be5732ce887dfb3c1bc.jpg

Snapshot_205.thumb.jpg.9f980250280f9f7831ca46036499ed7e.jpg

But where am I?

• Like 2

This place I found quite by accident.  It is actually under a park in one of the older regions.  Besides TP,  there is no way out and only one way in that is well hidden. I literally "fell" into this place.  

There are 4 statues behind me in this pic that are usually white but today they are stone colored.

secret cave_003.jpg

A door that leads nowhere.

secret cave_004.jpg

secret cave_002.jpg

Edited by TT120
  • Like 2

On 8/10/2021 at 11:35 PM, TT120 said:

A little clue:

The entrance  or "hole" you can fall into has an elephant nearby and the hole does not look like a hole.

there's actually a bucket load of secret areas like this on the old LH continents.  I actually posted a thread about these several months ago, after my 8 1/2 month project to map secret areas on linden owned land, aethelwine has a copy of my rather detailed note card on how to find all of them.

if anybody would like a copy please feel free to drop me a line inworld.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Clue: You may have sailed through this west coast waterway region and only seen a lit up buoy at sea level. The closest land region has a zipline in it

I had forgotten Kingpost had a Zip line :)

The place photographed is the Ciuacoatl Botanical Garden... a lovely find many will have passed above without noticing

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ciuacoatl/216/227/5

• Like 2

A few photos here... I am after the region name this time.. the region is a sort of crossroads for travel... but understated and very beautiful and natural.

Snapshot_218.thumb.jpg.00c39a4b2c03da80be04a5c2bba10fbc.jpg

Snapshot_219.thumb.jpg.768b14eaf689dd24a2e27bc9e6a3a3a9.jpg

Snapshot_220.thumb.jpg.7cdfcbf64e093616ed7f4c48adb0333d.jpg

Snapshot_221.thumb.jpg.5b3cbec49f5d16dd4145184ca0c75431.jpg

It even has most rare of things in SL, a cave without a spider or some monster lucking within.

Snapshot_222.thumb.jpg.492a15d0e744e0d11deafdeb815fd0a2.jpg

• Like 1

I regularly use that region to transition from boat to train when I am exploring Belli - but I must admit I hadn't noticed the little cave there before, and very glad there was no spiders in it :D

Ok, keeping in theme somewhat with the last picture, here's another lovely little place to relax in Bellisseria - there's a few little places like this around.

So hints...hmmm.. well you'll get 3:

• it's not too far from the last place
  • it's definitely not the Randleshan treehouse
  • you might find it faster if you're a Star Wars fan o.O 

whereami_001.jpg

• Like 2