Winter Thoughts,Seasonal Ponderings,Rumi,Love,Hope,Going Deep Within,Spirituality,Life,Death,Peace,Beauty,Humorous,How To Cope

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

RUMI | "And don't think the garden loses its ecstasy in winter. It's quiet, but the roots are down there riotous."

It's the dog days of Winter, not an easy time for me as it seems to stretch on and on and is even more difficult than Christmastime really. Becoming contemplative, pondering life, and listening to the following beautiful music on the Arrival of Winter helps me.
How do you cope, and what did Rumi mean by his quote?

• Like 3

• Luna Bliss changed the title to Winter Thoughts,Seasonal Ponderings,Rumi,Love,Hope,Going Deep Within,Spirituality,Life,Death,Peace,Beauty,Humorous,How To Cope

I love winter more than summer..Summer where i live is just too hot..

A lot is going on under the ground..

As humans we only really casually see things on our level, what's going on at our level..

Think about how big the planet is to an ant and how much we don't exist to them.... hehehe

• Like 2

We could work the keywords list from the title into a single post, if we wanted to. Ok, we will!

I had some thoughts on how to cope, you know, winter thoughts and seasonal pondering. But these thoughts, they don't all seem related unless you know how Rumi, love and hope all relate. Going deep helps, deep within. That is where you will find your own spirituality. This will help you deal with life, death, peace, and even find beauty everywhere. But was it humorous? Nahhh...

21 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We could work the keywords list from the title into a single post, if we wanted to. Ok, we will!

I had some thoughts on how to cope, you know, winter thoughts and seasonal pondering. But these thoughts, they don't all seem related unless you know how Rumi, love and hope all relate. Going deep helps, deep within. That is where you will find your own spirituality. This will help you deal with life, death, peace, and even find beauty everywhere. But was it humorous? Nahhh...

21 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ok, title changed. I am not going to rework my post every time they change the title. &add_keywords=time,wasters

I only changed the last word 'coping' to 'how to cope' so that a word wasn't broken in two, so your paragraph still works  :) 

But...the humor word was meant to elicit winter humor when one is having trouble dealing with winter....like in this case where so much snow was dumped I can't leave the house in my car atm...not that I was leaving a lot due to Covid, but now it's impossible:

cars buried in snow.jpg

22 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I love winter more than summer..Summer where i live is just too hot..

A lot is going on under the ground..

I don't like the humidity of summer, although it's not near as bad here as it is where you live. I remember driving through your area and watching beads of sweat form on my forearm -- something I'd never seen before!

Do you get snow there?  I love the quiet that envelopes the neighborhood after a big snow...I hear no car noises at all then, although a few were finally out there trying to free their cars this morning.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't like the humidity of summer, although it's not near as bad here as it is where you live. I remember driving through your area and watching beads of sweat form on my forearm -- something I'd never seen before!

Do you get snow there?  I love the quiet that envelopes the neighborhood after a big snow...I hear no car noises at all then, although a few were finally out there trying to free their cars this morning.

It may have just rained or something for that to happen, that or was about to..

That kind of humidity we would get up in Chicago where even the breeze was wet and never cooled you off..

In Tennessee if you get a breeze it is a breath of fresh air and does cool you off..Also getting in the shade you will get a drop in temperature.. It does rain a lot here though..

But i have to say out of Illinois or Tennessee, when it gets hot Illinois is way more  uncomfortable.. There is no evaporation with the breezes in Illinois..

Tennessee in the afternoon there is a time when the shadows disappear..When the sun is straight over the top to where nothing casts a shadow.. In Illinois everything had shadows all day long..

So I knew just from that it was hotter, but Illinois was more humid when it was hot..

Yes we get snow sometimes.. A good snow so far happens ever couple of years..

Most snows are melted by 9:00..

But we have had some really good blizzards with cold that kept it around for three days  to where nobody could go anywhere..

Where we are  if you go into a slide and go off the road, you may be in for a 400ft drop or a 2tf drop..just depend on where you go into a slide at..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 12:58 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

It may have just rained or something for that to happen, that or was about to..

That kind of humidity we would get up in Chicago where even the breeze was wet and never cooled you off..

In Tennessee if you get a breeze it is a breath of fresh air and does cool you off..Also getting in the shade you will get a drop in temperature.. It does rain a lot here though..

But i have to say out of Illinois or Tennessee, when it gets hot Illinois is way more  uncomfortable.. There is no evaporation with the breezes in Illinois..

Tennessee in the afternoon there is a time when the shadows disappear..When the sun is straight over the top to where nothing casts a shadow.. In Illinois everything had shadows all day long..

So I knew just from that it was hotter, but Illinois was more humid when it was hot..

Yes we get snow sometimes.. A good snow so far happens ever couple of years..

Most snows are melted by 9:00..

But we have had some really good blizzards with cold that kept it around for three days  to where nobody could go anywhere..

Where we are  if you go into a slide and go off the road, you may be in for a 400ft drop or a 2tf drop..just depend on where you go into a slide at..

Well actually, the place "in your area" I visited with extreme humidity I now see is way north of you...Louisville.  On the map it looks close by though... :)  It's far enough north of you to be a completely different planting zone and climate -- I'm always frustrated about the difference where I live as so many plants I see that look marvelous a bit south of here and in UK landscapes simply won't grow in my garden.

The Louisville landscape reminds me more of the Ozarks with rolling hills yet far bigger trees, whereas your area has all those lovely rocky cliffs and terrain heights.  Yes, go sledding carefully! This type of cliffy terrain continues west of you, I remember, in North Carolina where The Last Of The Mohicans was filmed.

Anyway, winter continues and I attempt to adjust, although in a day or two I'll probably be able to go for a walk without risking injury on the slippery ice and snow.

snow humor 1.jpg

• Like 1

Winter & Season Ponderings from Iggy: 

I will say this seasonal year has been rough for me in many ways from realizing "Hey, I gotta work on Christmas" to having thoughts of realizing that the holidays are not as magical as they used to be when I was younger. The reason why I say this...I am only 20 IRL, I have had a pretty normal childhood where I have had two loving parents to supply me with the childhood needs--especially around the holidays. I will say, the "hype" behind Christmas and the New Year wasn't everything it added up to be. This year was my first year where I felt like Christmas was so much like normal, bland day and the New Year didn't shift me to a new perspective like it usually has where I have had motivation to do things I want to do. 

I know these reasons and ponderings are a little bland, but it's kind of disheartening to see as I get older, as "magic" fades from the world as there are many humans walking around with no "humanity" left in them...if you can understand where I am coming from. 

I will say, I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year this 2021. 

Bless. < 3

• Like 2

I've always hated winter. I think I ought to have been born in a place with a hotter climate; I'm the sort of person that gets more energised the warmer it gets; in the middle of a heatwave when everyone else is melting, I'll feel like I want to go for a run. (I don't though, because I know it's not a great idea to go running when it's hot).

Winter in England is grey, wet and depressing. Not like this:

leonid-tit-beautiful-winter-landscape-wi

More like this;

rain_london_1403716c.jpg

If I was filthy-rich, I would cope by spending November through to March in a warmer (and less rainy) country.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

If I was filthy-rich, I would cope by spending November through to March in a warmer (and less rainy) country.

Same here. We should have three snowy days at Xmas but cancel the rest of winter. It's so grey and depressing. Then again, if I was filthy-rich, I would have a massive roaring fireplace and just stay indoors with 3 months' worth of food and a robot butler :)

Edited by Rat Luv

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

We should have three snowy days at Xmas but cancel the rest of winter. It's so grey and depressing.

But think of all the amazing black metal is being made due to the miserable climate of the Nordic countries. If it was only ever summer, all we'd have would probably be cheery pop music. Shudders.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Orwar said:

But think of all the amazing black metal is being made due to the miserable climate of the Nordic countries. If it was only ever summer, all we'd have would probably be cheery pop music. Shudders.

:S

Black metal fans worship the devil.

The devil lives in Hell.

Hell is HOT.

So black metal fans should all move to the Canary Islands :) And book me a ticket too.

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Hell is HOT.

Hell is hot, Hel is not - 'tis in Nifelheim, 'tis where *bad vikings go.

*Technically not 'bad' as such, Helheim is the realm of the dead for most common people, but you could also end up in Helgafjell, Folkvángr, the halls of Aegir, or, of course, Valhalla. Or you could just not go to Hel and turn into a Draugr. Norse death is creative stuff! 

• Like 4

fdf69d7f9c9e51d07f9c8144a59b5f35.png.21f78c1b84e3079b7cd19033a7a7633d.png

When my soul was unleashed upon the Earth, I made sure I got myself born in a country in which people had the luxury to complain about the weather.

But, as of the past few decades, as the French say, "Il n'y a plus de saisons".

On 1/1/2021 at 7:54 PM, Luna Bliss said:

"And don't think the garden loses its ecstasy in winter. It's quiet, but the roots are down there riotous."

The roots, they are preparing for the revolution. Duh.

• Like 1

Growing up I hated quite a lot of things. Hot summer days, hot sun, cold winters, snow, frost, ice, dark mornings, dark evenings. Snow fights at school.......

Now I no longer bother. It is what it is. It won't change much in my lifetime. This year is different. You see, I love being at home. I have hobbies and interests. I like my own company, being an only child from a one parent family. I have many friends who can't stay at home. They need to be out, with friends, cinema, theatre, travelling. They now struggle. And yet I am carried by my interests. It gets me through winter. It's my comfort blanket. It includes wine. 

• Like 4

On 1/4/2021 at 12:51 PM, Ignis Dismantled said:

Winter & Season Ponderings from Iggy: 

I will say this seasonal year has been rough for me in many ways from realizing "Hey, I gotta work on Christmas" to having thoughts of realizing that the holidays are not as magical as they used to be when I was younger. The reason why I say this...I am only 20 IRL, I have had a pretty normal childhood where I have had two loving parents to supply me with the childhood needs--especially around the holidays. I will say, the "hype" behind Christmas and the New Year wasn't everything it added up to be. This year was my first year where I felt like Christmas was so much like normal, bland day and the New Year didn't shift me to a new perspective like it usually has where I have had motivation to do things I want to do. 

I know these reasons and ponderings are a little bland, but it's kind of disheartening to see as I get older, as "magic" fades from the world as there are many humans walking around with no "humanity" left in them...if you can understand where I am coming from. 

I will say, I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year this 2021. 

Bless. < 3

The cusp of adulthood is not an easy transition, and I hope the Holiday season next year is better for you, and includes more 'magic'.

There certainly is a lot of pain in life, and it's disheartening to see those who, as you say, "lose their humanity" in response to difficulties.  It helps me to understand why they became this way and develop empathy, so I will present my belief about it.

Life itself is a wonder -- amazing and 'magical', and it's sad when people experience such pain that they feel a need to protect themselves and shut down, to close off or develop destructive patterns, even harming others in the process, so as not to feel overwhelming pain.
But 'magic' never appears for those who try to control life by not feeling authentic pain -- 'magic' only happens when we are open to life, wherever it takes us.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, BelindaN said:

You see, I love being at home. I have hobbies and interests. I like my own company, being an only child from a one parent family. I have many friends who can't stay at home. They need to be out, with friends, cinema, theatre, travelling. They now struggle. And yet I am carried by my interests. It gets me through winter. It's my comfort blanket. It includes wine.

Yes us introverts have it much better during this time compared to more extroverted people...we're very lucky   :)

• Like 1

Winter in the desert South West is magical and peaceful.  It is my favorite season.  Winter here in the Southwest I do find spiritual.  Jim Morrison spoke of the same feelings about the desert South West.

Weather for us this Winter has been mild and more Spring-like than previous Winters.  Still a drought.  Rained once in December since January of 2020.  So for 2020 it rained once over a 12-month time span that I remember anyways...we might have had mist-like barely sprinkling perhaps once or twice other than one rainfall we just had in December.  

I worry about problems though about this polar vortex splitting.  Stay safe and warm and chop lots of wood everybody!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Winter in the desert South West

I love the Southwest, the spaciousness, the peace, the amazing terrain formations and colors.  I can't count the number of times I've visited Zion, the Grand Canyon, or Canyonlands. Not sure I made it down to the LA area though -- if so it was as a young child

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.