Unable to dance

CoreyPatrick McMillan

Sometimes the pop-up box asking for permission to animate doesn't pop-up on top of other things that you might have on your screen, so if you have other messages, HUD's, etc., open on your screen, try closing all of those - and sometimes you may need to minimize the dance ball menu - where you choose the dances - in order to see the animation permission prompt.

• Like 1

THX FOR THE REPYS all... SO I'LL ANSWER IN ORDER

1 to Rowan Minx.. Yes i rezzed new balls..same problem..my dance partner..she has no problem with same balls...she dances fine. WE had other frind jump on same set with her..and works fine for them Too as couples..mm..

2 to MoiraKatleen.. I keep my screens cleared and uncluttered most of the time..

3 tO Perma...and Nalates  Yes that's true if i want to dance alone...but I enjoy holding my dance partner close when dancing..especialy if i paid big $$ for her to wear SL perfume # 5  lol

4. to Cindy this problem is everywhere for me,,even at my SL HOME with my own Dance balls.. :(

5 To Jean i'll look closer nxt time...but i'm sure i always choose "SIT"..     WELL THX EVERYONE..I DID SEND A BUG / SUPPORT REQUEST TO sl... WE'LL SEE..NORMALY THEY NO HELP I'VE SEEN IN TIME I BEEN HERE...SINCE 07.. HAPPY NEW YRS TO ALL.. :)

Edited by CoreyPatrick McMillan

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You did not say if you took off your AO?

Sounds like the problem to me or he doesn't actually wait for it to say DANCE and no sit.  

3 hours ago, CoreyPatrick McMillan said:

THX FOR THE REPYS all... SO I'LL ANSWER IN ORDER

1 to Rowan Minx.. Yes i rezzed new balls..same problem..my dance partner..she has no problem with same balls...she dances fine. WE had other frind jump on same set with her..and works fine for them Too as couples..mm..

2 to MoiraKatleen.. I keep my screens cleared and uncluttered most of the time..

3 tO Perma...and Nalates  Yes that's true if i want to dance alone...but I enjoy holding my dance partner close when dancing..especialy if i paid big $$ for her to wear SL perfume # 5  lol

4. to Cindy this problem is everywhere for me,,even at my SL HOME with my own Dance balls.. :(

5 To Jean i'll look closer nxt time...but i'm sure i always choose "SIT"..     WELL THX EVERYONE..I DID SEND A BUG / SUPPORT REQUEST TO sl... WE'LL SEE..NORMALY THEY NO HELP I'VE SEEN IN TIME I BEEN HERE...SINCE 07.. HAPPY NEW YRS TO ALL.. :)

Could you show a pic of yourself on the dance ball?

hi thx for come back.. Rowan... Even if my dance partner rezz's the dance balls, gets on.   .works fine.. I do nothing different than her. We walked thru it together becuuse like all above she too thought the fault is mine not doing it right...even though i have had no problems in past since i rezzed in SL back in 07 still same her avie dances and my just squirms waves his arms but in setting postsision as if in a chair. a very pothtic piture lol. 

When one sits on a pose ball and the animation has not yet downloaded we see the avatar in a sitting position. This looks to be what is happening in your case. But the extended time over which the animation does not download suggests more than just a connection issue. Still I would test the connection to the SL system, Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection.

If the connection to SL is solid and you have the test data in hand, file a trouble ticket and provide that information and the steps you have tried based on this thread. The more you can show you have tried to self-solve the problem the more likely they will be willing to actually help. Otherwise, they will take you through all the steps you have already tried.

AND... you will have to show the problem and attempted fixes using the SL Viewer by the Lab. The Lab will not provide support for third-party viewers.

Check you viewer cache folders. In very rare scenarios Windows will corrupt the permissions on a folder. It is difficult for a computer pro to find the problem and almost impossible for anyone else if that is the case. This is one of those rare circumstances where you will want to do a Clean Install. Definitely remove all the cache related folders before starting the new install.

To check the folders look in them and examine the file dates and times. You should see files that have date-times near the time of your last session. If not then test them. To test the folders attempt to write to them from another computer on the network. I know this is a pain and if you are a one computer person impossible. The folders have to be shared and setting up the share may resolve the permissions mess. You can see this gets tricky. A clean install and deleting folders is a simpler solution.

thx... Nalates....but ya..i'm burnt on it...i came here to chill from RL..not to make my life more complicated...if I should go there again as you suggest...means i'm blessed with the time...:)

and i DID as you said...once enough for me..:(

im too lazy for 2, 3 times

Thx love Zhaoying.. I'll say again... when i click on dance ball or pole what ever is in any sim.. first choice i get is ( animate your avatar? ) I say yes.

second question.. ( couples or single? ) i choose couples.. two balls pop up.   depending on dance machine. question is either ("dance") or ( sit).. i choose and boom my avaie just sits

nothing pops anywhere on screen for more choices!.. What i did forget to mention to all is... single dance choice works fine for me ...mm

29 minutes ago, CoreyPatrick McMillan said:

Thx love Zhaoying.. I'll say again... when i click on dance ball or pole what ever is in any sim.. first choice i get is ( animate your avatar? ) I say yes.

second question.. ( couples or single? ) i choose couples.. two balls pop up.   depending on dance machine. question is either ("dance") or ( sit).. i choose and boom my avaie just sits

nothing pops anywhere on screen for more choices!.. What i did forget to mention to all is... single dance choice works fine for me ...mm

That's because the menu only goes to one sitter  for couples and the dance only starts if your partner picks.  you also won't get a menu if nobody is on the 2nd ball.  If you are both sitting on the balls then touch the dance ball again and you should get a menu to choose dances.  I have also seen it where a couple both touch the dance ball and therefore both get a set of rezzed balls.  Then they end up sitting on a separate set of rezzed balls and nothing works.  

• Like 3

So this happens no matter where you go or what type of dance machine used?  It still might be helpful to see a picture of you sitting on the ball as you mentioned your arms are squirming while the rest of you sits?  Are they squirming as they would in the dance or just randomly?  Could you be triggering some odd gesture you have active?  The squirming arms has me puzzled.