Hi guys how do i block the person for not entering my object

rose9991sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

44 minutes ago, rose9991sl said:

i made this cylinder and box. I do not want people to enter my cylinder and box. how do i lock it so they wont enter into my cylinder and box?

More details please.  Is this a house?  On land you own or rent?  Exactly what is this cylinder and box thing?  Can you show a picture?

5 minutes ago, rose9991sl said:

i put on my avi so the greifers wont kick me. how do i eject people standing on my box

Anything that's attached to you can't protect you or detect people who are "inside" of that attachment because attachments have no physics and don't "directly" exist in the world.

If you want to eject people who are too close to you, just wear a sensor-based security orb (with a low range), assuming you have the land rights where you are...

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

23 minutes ago, rose9991sl said:

i put on my avi so the greifers wont kick me. how do i eject people standing on my box

What @Wulfie Reanimatorsaid but I'm still not clear on what the box is?  A skybox that is your home?  If you keep running into griefers wherever you have this box, I suggest not going there.  Luckily, I haven't run into griefers like that in years.

29 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Anything that's attached to you can't protect you or detect people who are "inside" of that attachment because attachments have no physics and don't "directly" exist in the world.

If you want to eject people who are too close to you, just wear a sensor-based security orb (with a low range), assuming you have the land rights where you are...

can you show me a sample

29 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

What @Wulfie Reanimatorsaid but I'm still not clear on what the box is?  A skybox that is your home?  If you keep running into griefers wherever you have this box, I suggest not going there.  Luckily, I haven't run into griefers like that in years.

It sounds like she's literally just trying to wear (invisible) prims attached to their avatar as a form of "protection."

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen it, there are specially some "anti-cam shields" that are just a big invisible object around the avatar so people who don't know how to see invisible things (and derender attachments) can't cam onto you (since the camera will stick to the invisible object and prevent you getting closer).

21 minutes ago, rose9991sl said:

can you show me a sample

Put this into a script in anything you're wearing:

// Wulfie Reanimator's Super Advanced Mega Cool Personal Security Orb v1.1337
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSensorRepeat("", "", AGENT, 3, PI, 1);
    }

sensor(integer n)
    {
        while (~--n)
        {
            key avatar = llDetectedKey(n);
            llOwnerSay("Purged " + llKey2Name(avatar));
            llEjectFromLand(avatar);
        }
    }
}

Obviously, this won't work if you can't eject people from the land. Yes, it will also eject your friends. No, I won't make it better.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

can you show me a sample

okay thanks

11 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

It sounds like she's literally just trying to wear (invisible) prims attached to their avatar as a form of "protection."

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen it, there are specially some "anti-cam shields" that are just a big invisible object around the avatar so people who don't know how to see invisible things (and derender attachments) can't cam onto you (since the camera will stick to the invisible object and prevent you getting closer).

Put this into a script in anything you're wearing:

// Wulfie Reanimator's Super Advanced Mega Cool Personal Security Orb v1.1337
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSensorRepeat("", "", AGENT, 3, PI, 1);
    }

sensor(integer n)
    {
        while (~--n)
        {
            key avatar = llDetectedKey(n);
            llOwnerSay("Purged " + llKey2Name(avatar));
            llEjectFromLand(avatar);
        }
    }
}

Obviously, this won't work if you can't eject people from the land. Yes, it will also eject your friends. No, I won't make it better.

/me furiously copies the script to use on friends.

I guess that makes sense for protection.  The anti-inspect shields always struck me as odd since anyone on firestorm can just derender them.

I'm still confused about what cylinder and what box. 

16 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

{ state_entry() { llSensorRepeat("", "", AGENT, 3, PI, 1); } sensor(integer n) { while (~--n) { key avatar = llDetectedKey(n); llOwnerSay("Purged " + llKey2Name(avatar)); llEjectFromLand(avatar); } } }

not good

i cannot do it. they say it is eroor

15 hours ago, rose9991sl said:

not good

i cannot do it. they say it is eroor

The script does indeed work.  It just won't work on public land, such as a sandbox.  It will only spam in local chat as "Purged (avatar name)" without any pushing.

The script is fully effective on land you own yourself. Eddy is having too much fun here:

personalorb.thumb.jpg.5c1ada38d555eda8cce8329c6229e0ef.jpg

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

The script does indeed work.  It just won't work on public land, such as a sandbox.  It will only spam in local chat as "Purged (avatar name)" without any pushing.

The script is fully effective on land you own yourself. Eddy is having too much fun here:

personalorb.thumb.jpg.5c1ada38d555eda8cce8329c6229e0ef.jpg

I was thinking she's having the griefer issue in a sandbox, too.  It's really one of the only places I ran into them when I was new and quickly learned to avoid them.

@rose9991sllike Alwin said, find better places to hang out.  If you need a place to open boxes and change clothes, I believe Caledon  Oxbridge has an area for that.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Caledon Oxbridge/93/194/27

• Like 4

22 hours ago, rose9991sl said:

21 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

I'm still confused about what cylinder and what box.

Maybe she made a cylinder and a box to wear, perhaps while building and she builds inside the cylinder box, and she doesn't want people to enter it or stand on it; she wants to lock it as the states in her OP about locking the cylinder and box.  That's the best I can figure out.  

Edited by FairreLilette

This allows only the owner to sit on an object. It just unsits any non-owner:

default{
    changed(integer Change){
        if(Change&CHANGED_LINK){
            key User;
            key Unsit;
            key Owner=llGetOwner();
            integer Link=llGetNumberOfPrims();
            integer Prims=llGetObjectPrimCount(llGetKey());
            if(Link>Prims){
                do{
                    User=llGetLinkKey(Link);
                    if(User!=Owner)Unsit=User;
                    Link--;
                }while(Unsit==""&&Link>Prims);
                if(Unsit!="")llUnSit(Unsit);
            }
        }
    }
}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.