Giving my land up

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The charges will stop after one full month's billing period of having no land.

For example if your billing period runs from the 10th of each month, and you abandon your land on 15th December, you'll still be charged for it on 10th January, because you owned land for at least part of the previous month. But that will be the last one.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

The charges will stop after one full month's billing period of having no land.

For example if your billing period runs from the 10th of each month, and you abandon your land on 15th December, you'll still be charged for it on 10th January, because you owned land for at least part of the previous month. But that will be the last one.

The charges would be for the full month then? Not prorated for the portion of the month it was actually owned for?

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The charges would be for the full month then? Not prorated for the portion of the month it was actually owned for?

4 minutes ago, Sister Nova said:

Yes, you incur the full month tier payment even if you own it for only seconds within your bill cycle.

if i'm right, it's also if you ever buy land again.. your fee date is fixed at the first time you were charged the first time ..

i have no lands.. but still..

27b361d677fd2d6ac3a93f6271818a55.png

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if i'm right, it's also if you ever buy land again.. your fee date is fixed at the first time you were charged the first time ..

Totally correct. My land holdings monthly billing date is different to my premium renewal. The ‘Next bill date’ is the one to look at before making any land purchases, I recently was going to add to my land, but the due date was only 2 days away. I was happy to wait those 2 days before purchasing in order to save an increased amount for that current month’s bill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To summarize the correct points:

You will get pay one more tier bill after abandoning.  Tier is paid in arrears, so you have to pay for the current billing period.  It is not prorated and it will be for whatever $ amount represents the high tier used in the billing period.  Your Account Summary page will tell you the date of your next bill and the amount to be charged.

You do NOT have to touch anything on the Land Use Fees page.  That little circle simply tells the system when to give you a warning box about possible increased tier charges.  You are never billed for more than you actually used.  My little circle has been much higher than my actual usage for a long time and yet I've not been billed that amount in ages.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

In case no one mentioned it, and not to be a Debbie Downer, if you don't make that final tier payment that comes after you tier down, your account will be put on hold. The one that owes LL a bill. Any alts shouldn't be affected unless it's a rather large sum of money. My second account, that became my main, has been on hold for more than 10 years for that reason.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.