2 Viewers with different visualizations!?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have no suggestions/answers since I know nothing of creating animations.  However, I would suggest that this be posted in the 'Creation / Animation' area:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/297-animation-forum/

For the type of question you have, you would likely get more views & replies from folks that work with animations a lot.

You could either ask the Moderators to move it or you could just create a new post there and edit the above to remove all text & replace with a link to your new post.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

Could be a joint is unlocked in the animation and the avatar still moves because of the general system animations still running underneath. Is this a static pose? If you watch the pose for a minute do you see the avatars moving? 

That’s all I can think of right now.

8 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Could be a joint is unlocked in the animation and the avatar still moves because of the general system animations still running underneath. Is this a static pose? If you watch the pose for a minute do you see the avatars moving? 

That’s all I can think of right now.

The poses are static (no movements/no animation)!

are you running two instances of the same viewer or two separately installed viewers. it can matter because it may be using the same cache file location for both, and each viewer may be constantly trying to update the cache changing it. causing minor glitches each time it re-reads from the cache.

1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

are you running two instances of the same viewer or two separately installed viewers. it can matter because it may be using the same cache file location for both, and each viewer may be constantly trying to update the cache changing it. causing minor glitches each time it re-reads from the cache.

At start I used 2 Firestorm viewers!

Now, I'm using 1 Firestorm Viewer and 1 Secondlife Viewer!

Firestorm caches are in different directories!

I made a clean cache, and a fresh installation!

Nothing helps so far!

On 11/21/2020 at 2:53 AM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Herein lies the rub.

Male avatars have wider shoulders. With all static poses being equal, the male arms and hands are further apart.

What did I win?

They're not talking about the difference between different avatars. They're talking about the difference with the same avatar between two viewer instances.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Burper Tilling said:

This is commonplace when you log in 2 avatars their positions won't always coincide on the 2 viewers when they're doing animations..

Maybe when they are standing due to the 30 degree lateral rotation buffer, but not when they are sitting on a pose stand playing an animation that overrides the system animations.

I found the problem!
Some poses causes minor deformations in the avatars, 
These minor deformations made the avatars not match!
So it was necessary to "Undeform" each avatar before proceeding to the next pose/animation!
Each Viewer interprets the deformation differently, hence the differences between the viewers!
It's strange ... but it seems to be true!
Thank you all for your help!

God bless you!

• Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.