52 Weeks of Color Revisited

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I can see that the lace top is almost right for Brick Red. It must be the light reflecting of the jacket that's making it look so pinkish.

Yes lighting makes a big difference. Some of mine have been closer to the swatch but then after getting that "really pretty lighting" part of the equation it isn't any more. I have a Windlight (now EEP) that is very neutral - no shadows and little contrast. I use it for building. It is about as close to basic lighting as "I" can get, but it is pretty boring for a photo LOL.   

We make choices!

And here is Sienna, the last of the "Catch-up" colors. 😁

Well, I think I have done all now... I did not post this bikini in February, because Chic posted a bikini for the "Sienna" color, and I thought, "omgosh, I can not post a bikini picture right after Chic." You all know I am overthinking things, it is silly really. Another bikini, another accessories and poses. It is not like I copy Chic. So I took out the bikini and styled it a bit and I think it came out well.

52 Weeks of Color Challenge - Sienna

• Like 6

So I am looking at Marianne's bikini picture - WOW!   AND thinking it is very much "this week's color" ^^.   Hmmmmmm.

Hopefully we have been having fun and not getting too stressed over being perfect. And yes, some colors (many color?)  are really close.  After all this time I am still not really getting Pantone's role in things even though that was part of my RL business sometimes.  We each perceive color differently so there really isn't a right and wrong way  -- in my mind anyway.

This week's coming close to the last lap on our grand tour is :

bronze.jpg

BRONZE.    

Since it is a neutral I pretty much like the color. How far away is it from Sienna?  Maybe an eyelash, maybe an inch -- but it is definitely in the same family color palette.  

This is Week 46!   Six more colors to go.  

• Like 1

A big change and a really pretty color I think -- one of my favorites. 

It is named after a tropical flower -- one I had never heard of until I came to SL and it was one of the free plants in the library :D.     

PLUMERIA

plumeria+swatch.jpg

Here is a snippet of what I came up with. Only a few weeks left!!!!

image.thumb.png.f1d2bb011b31d2370e1bf67aa67765e3.png

• Like 5

It's a new week! And a new color! 

/me runs off to see what this week's color actually is. 

And for week 48 --- it is: 

moss%2Bgreen%2Bswatch.jpg

Moss green

I like this color. It is calm and subdued and doesn't shout.  LOL.   MY styling photo turned out looking more gray than green, but as we have talked about -- lighting makes a huge difference.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You must post your looks, Chic. I am going to dig for some soft green clothes now. Moss is a very delicate muted color, and so many colors used in SL is too strong in my opinion.

Will take a snippet from blog. Got my hand slapped over complaints that I had a signature on my pictures. Wasn't happy about that :D.    Just a sec.  

image.thumb.png.81cea8e9f3781b7d25cec9e81b855ad4.png

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Will take a snippet from blog. Got my hand slapped over complaints that I had a signature on my pictures. Wasn't happy about that :D.    Just a sec.  

image.thumb.png.81cea8e9f3781b7d25cec9e81b855ad4.png

Ugh, I write MLittle - 21 on my pictures too. It is not like you print "Visit my blog Chicatphilsplace" when you set your signature on a picture. Stupid thing to react on.

• Like 1

ALMOST THERE!!!  Woot.

This week's color is one I had never heard of but doubt I will forget.  

It is a low saturated brown on with a hint of violet if you want to be picky.   I went with an antique steampunk look from when mesh was VERY new. Still looks good though.  

WENGE

wenge%2Bswatch.jpg

And a snippet (sort of blurry but better than nothing I guess :D

image.png.798fe8f40234195ec2a29b2157770a3a.png

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.