52 Weeks of Color Revisited

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Fired brick, Brick red, Sienna, Azalea and Wenge.

That is 5 plus my 35 I have done, plus Faded denim. Makes 41. :)

I think I ran into a problem with those brick red colors and it was throwing me off.

Coming after, slow but it is good progress now.

We haven't DONE Wenge yet though.  It is a really dark brown.  So there must be another one?    

Yes, it did get VERY MESSY there with the names. Agreed. 

I deleted what I wrote, because I don't want to derail it with demands of what color. I just go with the flow now and don't care about the color names in this thread, the palette or Luna's original color names.

I can't take all fun out of this. 😛 Maybe I have a hint of OCD in me?

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

Week 42 brings us a bright and happy orangey color making its way toward a pastel  -- but not too much.  This was a fun one for me. I went on an accidental adventure LOL.  The best kind.   

Here is your swatch for the week:

apricot%2Bswatch.jpg

APRICOT

Wd DO still have traditionally ORANGE left which is darker, so if you find something that isn't quite right -- it might work for Orange!

Have fun. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. 

• Like 3

OK My lovelies it is a new week and a new hue.

Hmmmm. Is it?  

You remember TEAL, of course you do. Well this week's color is definitely a close cousin if not a sibling.   I give you JADE.

jade%2Bgreen.jpg

I didn't go back and look but I believe that JADE is a bit more green?

image.png

I went back and found TEAL.  The difference to ME on my monitor (and we know how monitors change color still) is that JADE is BRIGHTER and more Saturated than its calmer and more sedate dancing partner, TEAL.     So look for a BRIGHT "Teal" LOL.   Oh well.  

This is week 42.   

• Like 2

Teal was not on original color chart you posted in January, since it so close to Jade that you took it out? It was something about rebellion too?

Back to my inventory! I am going to find something. 😆🤣

"Lemon Yellow" from January 27th and "Yellow" from May 5 is confusing me a bit, since Lemon Yellow wasn't on the January color chart. But who cares! I just throw a lot of colors in here and have fun. 😁

When the Color Change is over, I will open a new Flickr account. Who should think that 1000 pictures wasn't enough?

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Teal was not on original color chart you posted in January, since it so close to Jade that you took it out? It was something about rebellion too?

Back to my inventory! I am going to find something. 😆🤣

"Lemon Yellow" from January 27th and "Yellow" from May 5 is confusing me a bit, since Lemon Yellow wasn't on the January color chart. But who cares! I just throw a lot of colors in here and have fun. 😁

When the Color Change is over, I will open a new Flickr account. Who should think that 1000 pictures wasn't enough?

At this point I have no answer as to the "why" of all that.  Too long ago as I finished my stylings in January. Likely just my mistake somewhere along the way. Sorry if it caused confusing.  I would LIKE to think that if I was picking all the colors they would have been more different from one another, but I can't say that would be true.  I do remember adding "midnight blue" in there as I thought that was a missing color and not all that close to navy as navy is basically a dull tone in my mind and midnight blue very saturated and "bright" even though it is a dark color. 

Then again we could put all the blame on Pantone for being so VERY confusing.   

But we are almost there and honestly with more people still involved than I envisioned :D.  A year is a LONG time in virtual land :D.   

I don't "think" that I made up JADE and added it as a color as it wouldn't have been in my normal color vocabulary.    But again, too long ago for me to be sure.   I do appreciate you and all the other folks still here for hanging in there.   It is much more fun to see the different stylings than just ME doing my thing (and of course I am not doing photos in the forum any longer or VERY rarely -- and that's another story).   

So hopefully folks have had fun and learned a few things about color along the way.  I certainly did!!!

And yes, 1000 pictures isn't all that much -- especially for someone posting there for over a decade -- that makes it 100 a year.   I have deleted tons of photos there and don't post as much on  Flickr as I used to.   I also -- since the new owners, "chub hub" ?  I don't remember, took over upload my photos to Blogger rather than linking from  Flickr. That way the photos STAY in the post and I don't have missing pictures in old posts.  I have almost 6,000 posts on my blog. 

36 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Jade

jade

It is so pretty with patterns, I wish I had found more for my pictures. I am so focused on colors that I look at monochrome colors and forget to look close at patterns.

I often find clothes for colors we have done already and think... I should have used this, if I had known it fits that old color so well. And if I had found it! 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

It is so pretty with patterns, I wish I had found more for my pictures. I am so focused on colors that I look at monochrome colors and forget to look close at patterns.

I often find clothes for colors we have done already and think... I should have used this, if I had known it fits that old color so well. And if I had found it! 😆

Some colors seem easier to find as a solid.  Oddball colors, not so much.  I had a lot of green but mostly darker shades.  I had to dig deep for this one.

I'm having surgery tomorrow. Maybe I had time to do a color this evening if I started early, but I rented a new place and set up a house and other items instead.

I wish my laptop took better pictures, but it is as it is. So I am having to wait until I can sit by my stationary. I guess I can log in and look for clothes for the color challenges.

Moving on towards that finish line, this week's color was a hard one for me.  My example looks more like "mint" than the hue I was aiming for. Maybe I was seduced but the color name in the romper description?   I honestly don't remember LOL.  

Anyway good luck with 

CHARTREUSE:

chartruse%2Bswatch.jpg

This was on of my favorite colors when I was a kid. I remember wanting to make my bedroom chartreuse, yellow and purple (oh my).  Somehow I ended up with baby blue and baby pink.  I was maybe 8 or 10 and mother ruled.  But fond memories of early decorating days. 

Looking forward to seeing what YOU have in this color!

• Like 2

Well chartreuse wasn't a winning color I see LOL. 

Kudos to those that found something.  

This weeks color is "Firebrick"

firebrick%2Bswatch.jpg

Now we had "Fired Brick" and "Brick Red" and this is neither of those BUT should be a fairly easy to find color.  So many reds. So many similar names.  

Don't worry. Next week has nothing to do with bricks  :D.

Getting towards the finish line!!!!!  Doesn't seem that long ago that we started.   

• Like 3

Well, trying to catch up with Fired Brick.

I took the covard's way out with Charteruse. I had troubles with Banana - I posted an image, but was told it is more green and it is actually a good Charteruse. So I renamed it. 😇

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/50700466047/in/dateposted-public/

Back on track, here is the Fired Brick outfit.

52 Weeks of Color Challenge - Fired Brick

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

This is hard, I think it looks too pink... but... Ugh. It is so few red colors in SL. It is many but all seem to be in 2 or 3 groups. No one a muted red with some orange.

52 Weeks of Coloe Challenge - Brick Red

Yes, sometimes hard. 

But some great looking outfits!!!!

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.