Home Stylings - 50 land impact challenge :D

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, I am not done yet... This is one I feel turned out really well, thanks to the amazing free skybox from ValArt

That turned out GREAT!!!  Congrats.   While I don't love the mesh handcuffing (a new term? Maybe so :D) I do like playing.

No reason anyone has to stop, but the OFFICIAL challenge is over at midnight on the 15th.    Some folks have claimed their prizes but there is no big hurry.  And there are some overdue skyboxes at Snow Globe that will be available "sometime" I am guessing. Also my skybox there never got reset so it will be coming up too. 

Plenty of winter left for sure.  Something to do in the coming lockdown days (Oregon just went into a two week (or more for some areas) "freeze" which is basically a rollback to last Spring.  

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, I am not done yet... This is one I feel turned out really well, thanks to the amazing free skybox from ValArt. (reduced size 15%) And I edited two textures from gold to silver. (in the niches and the door)

It is so good, that I could use it, not just as part of a challenge. Another crazy link project. I don't use frames that has an added shadow... they are not going down in li when linked. 2 frames + 2 shadows is 4 parts and each 0.5. That is 2. While frames with built in shadows are 0.5 +0.5 = 1 li.

.....................................................................................

Curtain blacks and whites 2 li. They are only called that in the Marketplace. Flexi.

Linked: Bazar Athens headboard, Stockholm bike (wall), Stockholm bedroom cabinet, bedroom painting, Paris-books, Scarlet vase plant. Fancy Decor Maddox nighttable x 2, Maddox lamp x 2, Henrik desk lamp, Modern vase, Chained books, Indio horn. Bensen tablet, Kopfkino Leatherized sneakers, Soy superlong potted cactus, Hive nesting coffee tables, CP Northaven multiframe, Balaclava! Books horizontal, MudHoney Renee desk, Roost fridge, Tromple loeil Teja kitchen, Starlight designs fluffy rug, Kraftwork suspended cabinet & frames, 2 of my posters, total 30 Li.

Bazar Scarlet ottoman 1 Li, Zerkalo linen bed 5 li, Fancy Decor retro sofa x 2 = total 6 li, Fancy Decor Henrik computer chair 2 li.

ChiMia Goddamn good coffee 1 li

Surrond linked of a Onsu skybox 1 li

The images I have uploaded is: From Unsplash. Fabrice Vilard, Bruno Abatti. The rest: Pixabay.

minimalism_001.jpg

minimalism_002.jpg

minimalism_007.jpg

minimalism_005.jpg

wowww, really stilish

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 1:28 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

So my first attempt above was mainly an attempt to see if only part of an elaborate gatcha set could be used and stay within 50 prims (which I was happy to do since I have "mgt prims don't count" on that particular one. Every time I visit a house showing or see a contest, I am amazed at how much clutter people jam in. I guess I have not acquired that habit because if I'm furnishing a house, I have to leave room for the tenant to put something, or I may have to pick up the whole thing if they want their own stuff, so I don't. But it's great others do, and I aspire to cram, too.

So here's a house that is a 15th century English cottage replica by Morphelia Foxclaw. I saw an observatory tower of hers on a tenant's lot and looked through her book and had to have this intricate build which is actually only 55 prims including a fireplace in the center of the house, which I love, and even pans and sausages. So we don't have to count those! But I realized when I got into it that the house didn't have good feng shui or something, and I wonder how the people who lived in the RL cottage she copied kept out all those drafts. But maybe they welcome them if they lived during a pandemic as we do. It wasn't on mod but I asked her to put it on mod precisely for things like that if I decided to turn some of those many doors into windows.

I had to have the new Dutchie rocking chair although I don't think I ever saw such a thing as a "mid-century rocking chair" -- because of its props. It has embroidering on it so you can sit and do needlepoint. The other red rocking chair is from hive and is more like what I think of as "rocking chair" but doesn't have tex change (but I put it in because Dutchie's other rocker in this set doesn't either and has kind of a worn, rusted look (it's at Fameshed).

You know how you go in a store you didn't know before and you say, "Where have you been all my life? I should have just come here and bought everything in the store and never bothered with anything else". That's how I felt with Theory, which has really great old wooden tables and lamps and Arts & Craft stuff. Then I just discovered Ernst Osterham who has collected these little gems of paintings and makes nice old things -- so  I have to get everything in that store just for this corner, for starters. So there's his Finnish rug. There are very few people in SL who have made embroidery hoops. I think I have them all now...

So now the prims are getting used up so I had to go with -tres blah- Cozy Winter - Tea Tray RARE even though I wanted to put in either one of my own or Lucas Lameth's or R{S)W's food and drink givers because I have a real thing about having dispensables. So since tres blah's tray is only one prims, I will add a teacup to dispense the tea.

Now, let's look at the heart of the home, by the oven. I definitely do not want Christmas yet. We have all of November. I want to be rustling in the leaves and waxing leaves as we did as kids. Come to find out, however, that not a single person in SL has ever made waxed leaf sets. So I made my own. You can get it as my gift at the ATE Harvest event. Right now, you click on it and it makes relevant sounds. Eventually I will get it going with an ironing animation and a wax paper in hand. They don't even make wax paper any more, you have to get it all on ebay and Etsy. To be sure, there is Yugen's fabulous autumn craft set which is very full (this is just the origami part). So I put that out because we're doing clutter, now, see, even though it's origami not waxing. But they go together, we will mail them all out. Also heavy Russian books to flatten the leaves. 

Sadly, for this contest, I had to butcher this absolute gem of an SL antique, called "Dining Room Table, Cherry" by Eric Linden. You know how there was "Bed, Double, Modern, Cherry" which was kind of a horror made by Alberto Liden (his chair and couch were so much better). There wasn't this dining room table in the Linden Library. But Eric must have made it at the same time. You can come get it here in the back yard of my house here. Mind you, even convexed it's 16 prims. 

So now I'm almost out of prims for the loft. So I put in an ionic PG bed for only 8 prims and my latest THOR fascination, the trinket tray from his boho set. With more prims I would add things like the AF boho pouf in 25L Tues today. I'm going to make a thread with "decorate under $100" next I think lol.

I will put the whole style list on my blog, this is getting long.

Snapshot_202.jpg

Snapshot_204.jpg

Snapshot_205.jpg

Snapshot_206.jpg

Snapshot_207.jpg

Snapshot_208.jpg

I've bought the Dutchie rocking chair as soon as I saw, has so many nice animations, I'm agree

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Really nice loaf of holiday bread on a rack out for FLF at Peaches.

Also comes without the cloth.  1 li at this size (I made it larger as it was pretty tiny) but can't be linked :D.

image.thumb.png.05a09db1d58563821c3926dcf20f51ea.png

love the holidays  bread.. where  I could find it? 

Peaches is a shop?

now I'll search 😎

Found! thanks

Edited by manoji Yachvili

8 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

wowww, really stilish

The skybox in itself is so good, the downlights is built in. I think it is in my top 10 list of skyboxes I have, and number one of free/1 L skyboxes. ❤️

It would have been even better with a surround, but I fixed that myself by linking one off another skybox.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The skybox in itself is so good, the downlights is built in. I think it is in my top 10 list of skyboxes I have, and number one of free/1 L skyboxes. ❤️

It would have been even better with a surround, but I fixed that myself by linking one off another skybox.

where is? even if I assume there aren't anymore available 😎

2 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

where is? even if I assume there aren't anymore available 😎

I am using this in the sky over my Mainland. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ValArt-Skybox-Big-eyes-GIFT/18754058

I have left the Christmas skyboxes so others can use them. Besides, it is fun to show new 50 Li styles in other small builds than the ones in the winter village.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I am using this in the sky over my Mainland. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ValArt-Skybox-Big-eyes-GIFT/18754058

I have left the Christmas skyboxes so others can use them. Besides, it is fun to show new 50 Li styles in other small builds than the ones in the winter village.

cool, now I need to understand if is possible also to me have a skybox over the house that I've rented 🙂

Thank you for this challenge, it was such fun, and other people's designs have been inspiring!

I've rented the flat above the pub in Seaclaid, which has a 50LI limit. That part of the town reminded me a bit of Brighton (England) where I grew up - some bits of Brighton are very ordinary, but it also has a jumble of fantasy elements too (like the Lanes & Brighton Pavilion). By the way, @Chic Aeon your Seaclaid home reminds me very much of the tollbooths in York on Skeldergate or Lendal bridges https://www.jorvik.co.uk/bridges-of-york/ (where I have a day out a few times a year - at least I do when there isn't a pandemic - the buildings are cafes now).

I had meant to make the flat 60s hippy (because that's a Brighton vibe) but then thought that might seem to modern for the sim, so it's more vaguely old and boho now. It's fairly big, with a big room downstairs and a roomy upper level, so I decided to have an artist's loft feel, particularly in the upper part. This is a retreat for me to write at the table under the front windows, or to paint the world as it goes back in the upper studio. I mostly clustered the furniture near the windows, because the great views are the feature, and tucked the bed under the stairs. In the physical world I would avoid living above a pub - the noise! - and it is amusing that you actually the get the same issue in SL - when people chat in the pub downstairs I can hear them!

The items add up to 49: (Downstairs) HAIKEI: My vintage art studio / Gacha {1} table and stool; hive // autumnal plant oak; dust bunny wiccan book stack and book pile; Rustic Fairy Art (Elle Crescendo, vintage); ~ASW~ The Autumn Equinox Stained Glass; (Milk Motion) l'orangerie - wall panel 2; D-LAB ALICE 3 -06 Cheshire Cat; KraftWork The Witch Hideout Nordic Art Table and stools; DDD candlestick; floorplan botanical chart; Kalopsia - Autumn Leaves Mobile; Schadenfreude Framed Curious Flora Page  Mandrake; crate Otto Bed Footlocker; !gO! Love my doll - Majka; 22769 ~ [bauwerk] Boho Daybed RARE; Afghan carpet rug Meena; ~*S.E.*~ Scholar's Library - Crowned Bookshelf L and R; SF:: Elven Stylish Chair;
CP La Belle Fairy Tale Princess Fish plus a rug and a picture textured by me. (Upstairs) 7 - Square Frame Wall Leaners; LAGOM - Elven Getaway [Blue Mannequin]; Kei's Watercolor Easel (wood finish); winter mural (vintage)

upstairs seaclaid.jpg

seaclaid downstairs 1.jpg

08-11-20 bed under the stairs.jpg

seaclaid windows.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sheila Yoshikawa said:

Thank you for this challenge, it was such fun, and other people's designs have been inspiring!

I've rented the flat above the pub in Seaclaid, which has a 50LI limit.

Congrats on your new apartment and your styling :D.   Those upstairs places were king of hard to find although I think that there is a list of available rentals at the entry point. 

And yes, I do think my little place looks like tollbooth LOL.   Happily it is tiny so fairly easy to fill with 50 li.  Today is the last official day of the challenge but of course we can always keep posting. Don't forget that everyone that has taken part through today can choose one item of their choice (that's up to about $1300 linden if I remember correctly) as their participation prize.  No expiration date. 

BTW they filmed in Seaclaid yesterday so that will be fun to see when it is completed. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 2:29 PM, Chic Aeon said:

No reason anyone has to stop, but the OFFICIAL challenge is over at midnight on the 15th.    

I have been busy guys and don't even have time to send out LIKES in this thread here but looked at your photos...gorgeous you all, just gorgeous!  All so warm and "homey".  

There is an ongoing Memorial happening in SL, and I need to be a tiny right now for that so couldn't get back to all that is actually going on here.  Since I need to be a tiny right now for the memorial, I also could not continue because it says no child avatars allowed even if "child-like", and I'd say the tinies which are a humanimal are child-like or child-sized so I couldn't continue or go there to my skybox.

It was funny though in that I needed to pay rent just to keep the skybox a little longer so I landed and immediately hid my avatar in a snow bank so no one could see me and then I panned in and paid my rent box.  

Have fun and thanks so much for letting me know about the Snow Globe....it is beautiful with the snow falling.  I have some FREE things at my inworld store right now including some signs that all sized avatars could use which say GRATEFUL and BLESSED if anyone would like one (the signs are next door from my profile picks tp - I have two booths there right next door to each other.)  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I have been busy guys and don't even have time to send out LIKES in this thread here but looked at your photos...gorgeous you all, just gorgeous!  All so warm and "homey".  

There is an ongoing Memorial happening in SL, and I need to be a tiny right now for that so couldn't get back to all that is actually going on here.  Since I need to be a tiny right now for the memorial, I also could not continue because it says no child avatars allowed even if "child-like", and I'd say the tinies which are a humanimal are child-like or child-sized so I couldn't continue or go there to my skybox.

It was funny though in that I needed to pay rent just to keep the skybox a little longer so I landed and immediately hid my avatar in a snow bank so no one could see me and then I panned in and paid my rent box.  

Have fun and thanks so much for letting me know about the Snow Globe....it is beautiful with the snow falling.  I have some FREE things at my inworld store right now including some signs that all sized avatars could use which say GRATEFUL and BLESSED if anyone would like one (the signs are next door from my profile picks tp - I have two booths there right next door to each other.)  

Oh, I understand that you are busy! You could do as I have done (and Chic and several others) and grab a small house or skybox and decorate it instead. I had bought the main Hive skybox already when it came out... several years ago. So I have left the snow land.

26 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

@FairreLilette

The OUTFITS option is your friend. One click and you can be anything you have set up.  I imagine though that many of us will still be around when you return. 

Cheers. 

I use the outfits feature to go back and forth for my SL living but just to stop in and pay rent...yikes!...forgot and hid in the snow bank.  I am going to stay a Dinkie right now though...too much going on with the Memorial too have time to "play" right now and just too sad to remember I need to switch avi's and all that.  My mind is preoccupied.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

I will see when I have time to post full credits. The fireplace backside who is hiding the sideroom is not mesh. You can do it inworld assuming you can texture and follow instructions. I should save this recipe... I never remember the steps. Scroll down to 3 faces display panel and follow the steps. https://ayumicassini.blogspot.com/2009/07/ultimate-guide-to-prim-twisting.html

Now you have a prim with 3 faces. You need a library texture, texture the two side faces with it and adjust until it look convincing. Find panel, brick or some other texture for the middle. To make a better illusion, create 3 thin prims, texture them with wood and place 2 vertical as "bookcase sides" and one as floor trim. Set the wood strips to convex hull and link your 3-faced prim with them = 2 Li.

I used AG creation library textures and Empire textures brick & concrete wall. The brown wood took I from a Linden home texture pack, I think it was log houses.

A more toned down styling with only evergreen and eggnog to hint it is Christmas.

I love the tiny houses from Hideki (1 li!) and the bird houses, 1 li each so much that I had to take closeups. The birdhouses is a gift from the Belle Epoque birthday hunt, I think they are from Kraftwork. And several other birdhouses included, I just picked two. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wild Willows/191/126/11

Things got finished up in a hurry here...

snow_001.jpg

snow_007.jpg

snow_002.jpg

Snow collage.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 8

I can't seem to get add images into the forums, for some reason, so I hope this will suffice for entry into the challenge. These pictures were taken in Snow Globe, Renaissance in a rented Winter Home that is called "dust bunny . poppy cottage . RARE".

👉https://gyazo.com/f01d77e85d6a5bea679de8f24688f8b3

- Apple Fall Wingback Chair 3 (X2)                                  Land Impact: 3 each

- Violetility - Candleplace [Light]                                      Land Impact: 1

- MOoH! Tray with owl 2LI                                                 Land Impact: 1

- Usdesigns-TV curve v 1.2                                                Land Impact: 1

- ^UP^ Shaggy Rug #1 -White (Copy)                               Land Impact: 1

- MOoH! Christmas tree 5LI                                               Land Impact: 5

👉https://gyazo.com/7813be8a7e29d84c9ff47fdf7ee83b9b

- Essenz - Curitiba Decoration 1                                      Land Impact: 1

- = MB = DECOR SERIES - Winter welcome board        Land Impact: 1

👉https://gyazo.com/46eab39e3cccfb74b7882b0acc7b9649

- Kitchen Main (19 land impact)-Textured                      Land Impact: 19

👉https://gyazo.com/4efe7cc9f62d8fbffc76c1064e68562d

- HoM: "Oscar" Dining Table                                               Land Impact: 2

- Apple Fall Fig & Blackberry Cake                                    Land Impact: 1

👉https://gyazo.com/8d7372fa6bc5991c02b8334dd9f3f434

- .peaches. The Queen's Peace - Blanket                         Land Impact: 5

- Candy Crunchers - Farmed Chest - Gift                         Land Impact: 3

- ASO!Cotton Candy Garland (white)                                Land Impact: 1

TOTAL: 45 LI

• Like 5

I've been stalking the Winter Homes at Snow Globe and nabbed a Scenic Skybox. As I was decorating it, a Snowed In Skybox became available and an admin was on so I was able to move immediately.

The 50 LI limit is definitely a challenge and I didn't do as well as some folks here! I'm missing art and details. It makes me glad to have a lot more LI at my normal home. I'm still hoping to grab one of the smaller Winter Homes at Snow Globe though.

Snowglobe 01.png

Snowglobe 02.png

• Like 4

For those of you looking for 50 li rentals, this just in group at Snow Globe "I will do a sweep of all empty rentals tomorrow, 24 hour notice."

And when I was at Seaclaid last eve there were two apartment . shops on the plaza that were empty AND there is a mer lair under the water for rent LOL.   

Also while Mairanne explained a lot about linking, my tutorial on saving land impact points and WHY it works (or doesn't) is up just now on my blog (link in signature). 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.