Home Stylings - 50 land impact challenge :D

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/15/2020 at 9:16 PM, Marianne Little said:

I will see when I have time to post full credits. The fireplace backside who is hiding the sideroom is not mesh. You can do it inworld assuming you can texture and follow instructions. I should save this recipe... I never remember the steps. Scroll down to 3 faces display panel and follow the steps. https://ayumicassini.blogspot.com/2009/07/ultimate-guide-to-prim-twisting.html

Now you have a prim with 3 faces. You need a library texture, texture the two side faces with it and adjust until it look convincing. Find panel, brick or some other texture for the middle. To make a better illusion, create 3 thin prims, texture them with wood and place 2 vertical as "bookcase sides" and one as floor trim. Set the wood strips to convex hull and link your 3-faced prim with them = 2 Li.

I used AG creation library textures and Empire textures brick & concrete wall. The brown wood took I from a Linden home texture pack, I think it was log houses.

A more toned down styling with only evergreen and eggnog to hint it is Christmas.

I love the tiny houses from Hideki (1 li!) and the bird houses, 1 li each so much that I had to take closeups. The birdhouses is a gift from the Belle Epoque birthday hunt, I think they are from Kraftwork. And several other birdhouses included, I just picked two. https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wild Willows/191/126/11

Things got finished up in a hurry here...

snow_001.jpg

snow_007.jpg

snow_002.jpg

Snow collage.jpg

First things first, the cute birdhouses is from Artisan Fantasy.

Total 47 li:

Library wall, 2 li, fireplace Apple Fall, 1 li, Sway's Wood frame & Sillhouette, 1 li, FD Printemps rug1 li, CP Country home coffee table, 1 li, Sway’s branch wrapped candle x 2 = 2 li, ChiMia :: Cosy Winter Sofa x 2 = 6 li, total 14 li

Linkset: Ot* [tmok] antique side table, HIDEKI - Wooden Craft Town, DRD Industrial wall light, masonjar x 2 = 5 li

Linkset: ChiMia:: Les Landes Lantern [Iron], Sway's [Hazel] Wagon Wheel with string lights . big, AF original artwork, AF wooden trunk, Noctis hutch sage, Noctis plates, AF woodland deer, AF Apples w ornamental stand, AF Annan reclaimed frame x 2 = 7 li

AF Country table, AF dining chair steadfast x 2, {RW} Holiday Hearth Eggnog Service, ~BAZAR~Woodland Rug = 7 li. (Not linked)

Artisan Fantasy, mounted ski, standing skis and snowshoes, total 5 li (Gacha), D-LAB Pendulum clock stand 3 li

PrimPossible 1 Prim Room Divider, [NaT]-dEcO-Deer Rug 1 li, ~AB~ Bare Wreath ~ Green x 2 = 2 li, *AF* Bird house x 2 = 2 li, total 6 li

• Like 3

Heads up my little Snow Globe watchers. I spied a new house out on the ground --  just like mine. So get your stalking binoculars on the ready. 

image.thumb.png.bf5cc16d89a2827d838412061f117d82.png

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Renaissance/73/230/24

There may be more. I will update if I find them :D  Note this has no number yet :SwingingFriends:

Number 13 is empty so there may be a possibility there soon.  Remember you NEED TO DECORATE (so the landlady knows you are there) or you will lose it.  

Only fair. 

And of COURSE we want to see what you did. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK. I am starting on the free rail car from the Belle Époque hunt.  Some of you must have gone to get that. Marianne?   

Wish me luck.  It seems like a REAL challenge LOL. Lots of different ways to go.

image.thumb.png.61ebe0dc8defd792ce7e61aeca881fd2.pngEDIT: Finished at 10 PM. Dinner, a 1.5 hour movie and a one hour conversation in the mix. Oh and a one hour bath LOL.     So about 2.5 hours. Looks good. Photos tomorrow.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

162912640_traincarstylinglead.thumb.jpg.0c08211f3909f9218a66d6781bb29e97.jpg

Train car goodness WITH credits and LIs (such a good girl). More info up on the blog. Hopefully this pastes in OK :D.

376700333_traincarstyling.thumb.jpg.71786c4752a3697960ef5a0beacabed4.jpg

299580454_trainstylingbedroom.thumb.jpg.fb4235c87da98bf3d749a9068350ebc3.jpg

Most of my décor pieces were one land impact or less when linked, but I splurged on this lovely bit of kitchen clutter, a gacha item from MERAK. Several items were tinted to continue with the brown accented neutral theme. 

Here is the rundown on the items used.  

Trompe Loeil - Exton Bed Light -- 6li at this size
ChiC buildings [Cb] Mini Wall Kitchen - Birch - 6 li at this size
Trompe Loeil - Romy Cove Chair Leather PG - 3 li (X2)
ROIRO - SATEN schefflera pot -- 3 li
 [Cb] Mini Wall Kitchen - Birch - 6 li at this size
[Cb] Shutter Room Divider - Light - 3 li
[MERAK] - Hanging Rack - 3 li
.peaches. Vanna Trunk Clutter -- 2 li

1land impact items  *or less when linked) include:

ChiC buildings [Cb] Mini Kitchen Bistro Table
ChiC buildings  [Cb] Bistro Stool
peaches. Finally Fall Food Taster - No Blanket
Decorative Cactus CHEZ MOI
ROIRO - "OAZO" Monstera
ChiC buildings [Cb] Gardening Magazines and book clutter
KOPFKINO "Leatherized" Night Stand
Apple Fall Argentinian Malbec and wine glasses (linked)
ROIRO - "EVERGREEN" Blind curtains (4 in all)
Second Spaces - Treat Yourself - Travel - necessities
ChiC buildings Book Lover's - Tall Book Stack
Second Spaces - Cluttered House - unopened mail
ROIRO - "OAZO" Echeveria
ChiC buildings Fame Magazines - 4 Set 1
ROIRO - "OAZO" Green necklace
ChiC buildings  [Cb] Long Book Stacks
Second Spaces - Beverly Quilt Rack - blue/brown
Homemade paintings (X2)

I could add a bit more by linking to existing items, but as an exercise I am good with this.    
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Heads up my little Snow Globe watchers. I spied a new house out on the ground --  just like mine. So get your stalking binoculars on the ready. 

image.thumb.png.bf5cc16d89a2827d838412061f117d82.png

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Renaissance/73/230/24

There may be more. I will update if I find them :D  Note this has no number yet :SwingingFriends:

Number 13 is empty so there may be a possibility there soon.  Remember you NEED TO DECORATE (so the landlady knows you are there) or you will lose it.  

Only fair. 

And of COURSE we want to see what you did. 

I got that house... and put it up in the sky over my home. So good to have enough Li to do it.

I linked almost nothing here.

DDD: Crate shelf x 2, simple wooden fireplace, antique coffee table, antique side table, Shimmering trio of candles, Library skinny x 2, Baubly garland. Stag console, wrought iron chandelier, Let it snow cabinet, let it snow mirror, Total 13 li

DDD: Wicker couch and chair, 4 Li (Tinted greener to be "Christmas green")

DRD Gardenhouse chair, Candle/cookies in window, Group gift rustic candles, bear head, 2 candlesticks, total 7  li

Bensen christmas tree, Bensen gifts, total 5 li

Loft & Aria Isidora lamp x 2, Highland hide rug, total 3

Round rug braided moose, Red classic rug, linked, 1 Li

Theory – framed Navajo rug, 1 li

Snug cabin bed, Zen creations, 8 li

Roiro Evergreen blind curtain, 3 linked, Roiro polaroid frame, total 3 li

Mudhoney Roman shades, 4 li (One part with texture control linked off each curtain to reduce li)

jule_007.jpg

jule_006.jpg

jule_005.jpg

• Like 5

Beds are really the killer.  I may try and make a new bed or adapt an older bed (I have made a few) and see how low I can get.  I  did have a very low land impact daybed that was cute but the minute I turned my LOD setting down to 2 I deleted it. VERY bad LODs  :D.  

It is a really cute cabin and I like it a lot. Just wish it had actual good physics LOL.  

Picky Picky.

• Like 2

Woooo---ooot.  

This just out in the Snow Globe group for those of you that may watch this thread and NOT have your group turned on for messages (I get you there but I always leave LAND groups on :D).

I have raised the prim allowance from 50 to 100 prims for the homes on the ground.
Skyboxes are not affected this time.
Friendly greetings ♥

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2020 at 3:52 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Beds are really the killer.  I may try and make a new bed or adapt an older bed (I have made a few) and see how low I can get.  I  did have a very low land impact daybed that was cute but the minute I turned my LOD setting down to 2 I deleted it. VERY bad LODs  :D.  

It is a really cute cabin and I like it a lot. Just wish it had actual good physics LOL.  

Picky Picky.

It's a bit tough finding beds under 4 LI. So far, I've found 1 LI beds from Meli Imako.  I'm looking at some at {XO} and they're looking promising.

• Like 1

I got very lucky. I happened to be inworld when the the landowner at Snow Globe sent a group message saying she was going to add a few houses on the ground, first come, first served. I was the first one to IM her and she gave me a choice of house. I always wanted a small one given the LI limits, but it's 100 now! So, I'm breaking the rules of this challenge, but here it is at 98 LI.

2020.11.25 Snow Globe 01.png

2020.11.25 Snow Globe 02.png

2020.11.25 Snow Globe 03.png

2020.11.25 Snow Globe 04.png

2020.11.25 Snow Globe 05.png

Edited by Jupiter Firelyte
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Jupiter Firelyte said:

I got very lucky. I happened to be inworld when the the landowner at Snow Globe sent a group message saying she was going to add a few houses on the ground, first come, first served. I was the first one to IM her and she gave me a choice of house. I always wanted a small one given the LI limits, but it's 100 now! So, I'm breaking the rules of  this challenge, but here it is at 98 LI.

Congrats. I agree those extra 50 prims (^^ land impact) make a huge difference. I have leftovers too.  A very lovely present.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Can some of you over there tell me what this is about?  Been making my shop into snowland today and evidently missed the excitement.  They are all full :D

image.thumb.png.cc30c16f1325a407087bbd7372c78ce3.png

I waited all day for one and missed it in one second LOL. I will keep trying :P   but it's a most generous offer they are providing

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 4:08 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Can some of you over there tell me what this is about?  Been making my shop into snowland today and evidently missed the excitement.  They are all full :D

image.thumb.png.cc30c16f1325a407087bbd7372c78ce3.png

I have one of these I think! 

That's 3-5 houses clustered in a pretty landscaped dome in the sky. Check landmark in my picks if you want, it will take you to our little "neighborhood". 

• Thanks 1

Heads up my lovelies. There is an absolutely gorgeous free gift house at Onsu.  It was listed as a group gift but anyone can pick it up. I wrote to the owner to tell them thinking at first that it was a pay group and that it was an error, but it looks like it is indeed a GIFT. Group is free to join if it does get changed to group only. 

I suggest getting it if  you have some land and show us what you can do with 50 land impact. It is a tiny house. Super cute. Not very livable as it is tiny with many rooms but certainly can be decorated with 50 li. 

Just a quick shot.

image.thumb.png.4cc85b1400f729e2bc1669444313aded.png

• Like 7

On 11/29/2020 at 11:23 PM, Jupiter Firelyte said:

I got very lucky. I happened to be inworld when the the landowner at Snow Globe sent a group message saying she was going to add a few houses on the ground, first come, first served. I was the first one to IM her and she gave me a choice of house. I always wanted a small one given the LI limits, but it's 100 now! So, I'm breaking the rules of this challenge, but here it is at 98 LI.

2020.11.25 Snow Globe 02.png

2020.11.25 Snow Globe 03.png

2020.11.25 Snow Globe 04.png

2020.11.25 Snow Globe 05.png

OMG this is my favorite house.. I've try to get it but is impossible...

You have done a great work 😍

Edited by manoji Yachvili
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Heads up my lovelies. There is an absolutely gorgeous free gift house at Onsu.  It was listed as a group gift but anyone can pick it up. I wrote to the owner to tell them thinking at first that it was a pay group and that it was an error, but it looks like it is indeed a GIFT. Group is free to join if it does get changed to group only. 

I suggest getting it if  you have some land and show us what you can do with 50 land impact. It is a tiny house. Super cute. Not very livable as it is tiny with many rooms but certainly can be decorated with 50 li. 

Just a quick shot.

image.thumb.png.4cc85b1400f729e2bc1669444313aded.png

uhmmm I've enter right now try to take this gorgeous tiny house but even if I try to add the group nothing happen... is a pity

44 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

uhmmm I've enter right now try to take this gorgeous tiny house but even if I try to add the group nothing happen... is a pity

Group join is turned off -- and apparently the need for group. The poster SAYS "group" but when I was there all you had to do was touch the gift giver poster and it gave you the house.  Hopefully it still will.  

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.