Home Stylings - 50 land impact challenge :D

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I love the deer and the mirrors. Did you make a style list?

The deer is part of the Cozy Stag console from DDD, I have it myself. It's lots of texture options in every part. I just thought I should reply here if it takes a while before Tary is back. The mirrors, sadly I have no idea.

• Like 2
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday there was a post with a lovely gift of free snowy skyboxes above an equally pretty and snowy sim, Snow Globe.   And I see as I type in that link that the forum gods used my snapshot LOL - fu

So this was a fun challenge that turned into a prim scrimping obsession for me. For days since I started, all I've thought about was how to save on prims and still have that full living space look. I

So here is my house in Seaclaid.  I have two land impact left which I may use as a bench out back and or more bushes. Undecided at the moment.   Grass and bushes are mine.    Maybe a t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Jupiter Firelyte said:

Unfortunately,  I can't join the group; it's for tenants only. You have to be in the group to know when they become available and to be able to reserve them, but you can't join the group unless you're already a tenant.

I subscribed to be notified by CasperTech and managed to get in fast enough to see a skybox was available, but I'm after one of the houses on the ground. I chatted with the owner yesterday and she honestly told me I had a very slim chance of grabbing one. So, I'll have a look when I get the notice in my email, but I'm not getting my hopes up. In the meantime, I'm looking out for some other cute winter holiday homes.

I will not renew my skybox, maybe you could try for a skybox first, just so you are in the group and can move if some houses are free.

• Like 1

So my first attempt above was mainly an attempt to see if only part of an elaborate gatcha set could be used and stay within 50 prims (which I was happy to do since I have "mgt prims don't count" on that particular one. Every time I visit a house showing or see a contest, I am amazed at how much clutter people jam in. I guess I have not acquired that habit because if I'm furnishing a house, I have to leave room for the tenant to put something, or I may have to pick up the whole thing if they want their own stuff, so I don't. But it's great others do, and I aspire to cram, too.

So here's a house that is a 15th century English cottage replica by Morphelia Foxclaw. I saw an observatory tower of hers on a tenant's lot and looked through her book and had to have this intricate build which is actually only 55 prims including a fireplace in the center of the house, which I love, and even pans and sausages. So we don't have to count those! But I realized when I got into it that the house didn't have good feng shui or something, and I wonder how the people who lived in the RL cottage she copied kept out all those drafts. But maybe they welcome them if they lived during a pandemic as we do. It wasn't on mod but I asked her to put it on mod precisely for things like that if I decided to turn some of those many doors into windows.

I had to have the new Dutchie rocking chair although I don't think I ever saw such a thing as a "mid-century rocking chair" -- because of its props. It has embroidering on it so you can sit and do needlepoint. The other red rocking chair is from hive and is more like what I think of as "rocking chair" but doesn't have tex change (but I put it in because Dutchie's other rocker in this set doesn't either and has kind of a worn, rusted look (it's at Fameshed).

You know how you go in a store you didn't know before and you say, "Where have you been all my life? I should have just come here and bought everything in the store and never bothered with anything else". That's how I felt with Theory, which has really great old wooden tables and lamps and Arts & Craft stuff. Then I just discovered Ernst Osterham who has collected these little gems of paintings and makes nice old things -- so  I have to get everything in that store just for this corner, for starters. So there's his Finnish rug. There are very few people in SL who have made embroidery hoops. I think I have them all now...

So now the prims are getting used up so I had to go with -tres blah- Cozy Winter - Tea Tray RARE even though I wanted to put in either one of my own or Lucas Lameth's or R{S)W's food and drink givers because I have a real thing about having dispensables. So since tres blah's tray is only one prims, I will add a teacup to dispense the tea.

Now, let's look at the heart of the home, by the oven. I definitely do not want Christmas yet. We have all of November. I want to be rustling in the leaves and waxing leaves as we did as kids. Come to find out, however, that not a single person in SL has ever made waxed leaf sets. So I made my own. You can get it as my gift at the ATE Harvest event. Right now, you click on it and it makes relevant sounds. Eventually I will get it going with an ironing animation and a wax paper in hand. They don't even make wax paper any more, you have to get it all on ebay and Etsy. To be sure, there is Yugen's fabulous autumn craft set which is very full (this is just the origami part). So I put that out because we're doing clutter, now, see, even though it's origami not waxing. But they go together, we will mail them all out. Also heavy Russian books to flatten the leaves. 

Sadly, for this contest, I had to butcher this absolute gem of an SL antique, called "Dining Room Table, Cherry" by Eric Linden. You know how there was "Bed, Double, Modern, Cherry" which was kind of a horror made by Alberto Liden (his chair and couch were so much better). There wasn't this dining room table in the Linden Library. But Eric must have made it at the same time. You can come get it here in the back yard of my house here. Mind you, even convexed it's 16 prims. 

So now I'm almost out of prims for the loft. So I put in an ionic PG bed for only 8 prims and my latest THOR fascination, the trinket tray from his boho set. With more prims I would add things like the AF boho pouf in 25L Tues today. I'm going to make a thread with "decorate under $100" next I think lol.

I will put the whole style list on my blog, this is getting long.

Snapshot_202.jpg

Snapshot_204.jpg

Snapshot_205.jpg

Snapshot_206.jpg

Snapshot_207.jpg

Snapshot_208.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 6
8 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I love the deer and the mirrors. Did you make a style list?

Hi @Prokofy Neva

As @Marianne Little said the console is from DDD 

The mirrors are from The loft, the left one was an old group gift, the ones on the right I think I have them for quite some time, don't know if they are available still.

I didn't make a style list, not enough time, but it is skybox 24 and you are very welcome there and check were stuff is from.

(just to add, Ianded on your land in 2007 when I got out of OI, I have very good memories, met such nice people willing to help, good times)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sugar Mosely said:

I have one of the winter skyboxes with the built-in kitchen and I LOVE it! Just finished decorating with exactly 50 prims. Soooo...who's coming over for wine and cake? :))

sl_skybox1.JPG

sl_skybox2.jpg

sl_skybox3.jpg

It's so hard in a skybox which is all one room (even though this one has a built-in kitchen -- must have! Who is the creator?) to fit in all the things, the bed, couch etc and make them look good. And I think the trick is to make coherent little areas. The stars over the bed is an inspired way of doing this, great job! And the couch and bed work together with the rugs. 

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, AstraHunt said:

So this was a fun challenge that turned into a prim scrimping obsession for me. For days since I started, all I've thought about was how to save on prims and still have that full living space look. I didn't know if I could pull it off but here it is. Total prim count use is 39 prims. I might add more later on or not, but only if I find good low prim holiday decor. Suggestions would be much appreciated if you know of any good ones. 😋

all.PNG

Bedroom.PNG

Dinning Area.PNG

Living Room.PNG

Well I am thinking you win the prize so far (note that everyone can have a prize if they so choose so just a saying)  but I really like Marianne's "posh white" styling also -- which is definitely not "me" but really flows nicely I think.   

That really looks fantastic!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey -- I was trying to figure out what year this will be for Trompe Loeil Advent gachas and looking up on my blog. And on the WAY I found this post from long ago when I did a 90 li styling.  Mesh was very new then and I wasn't making any of my own stuff so it was a little bit more difficult as far as what was available. But thought it might be of interest to some of you.

BTW that two story house was 7 land impact or something like that.  I have NO idea how the LODs held up as I was using LOD4 back then. So it might have disappeared as you walked out the door LOL.    It was a fun time there for a few weeks then the gals decided they wanted their privacy and closed the rentals.

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2014/11/90-prims.html

home-exteriror.jpg

• Like 4

I picked up the Otto bed over the weekend and was having a hard time making it look "at home" in the right house.  Then I found Infinite's Kyle's Modern Townhouse to fit the bill.

50LI_challenge_part3_004.thumb.png.97a46b80218ecd6fe5841a051b2312d8.png

• crate Otto Bed, 7 LI
  • Poster Munich Muenchen, 1 LI
  • ChiMia:: Vintage Tourism Poster, 1 LI
  • Vintage Cat Posters, 1 LI
  • [MMc] Guitar  & Stand-Classical, 2 LI
  • 22769 - Sloppy Bean Bag (past gift, can't remember which event or year), 1 LI

50LI_challenge_part3_002.thumb.png.1d2234315678a35a975f40c888a29ebe.png

• ~BAZAR~ Stockholm-Clothing rack (male), 4 LI
  • [V/W] 1900's Wardrobe Steamer Trunk V1, 1 LI
  • GOOSE- Wooden relax chair (cosmo anniversary gift), 3 LI

50LI_challenge_part3_003.thumb.png.378e9c0d908f9a11f54b0aeb7fc72a64.png

I must've like the last kitchen setup so much I reused it for this project.

• {vespertine}small spaces kitchen, 5 LI
  • ChiMia:: Kitchen Trolley & Rack set, 4 LI
  • KraftWork Chalk Fridge - Sept17 GROUP GIFT, 2 LI
  • Not Sorry! Wine cart, 5 LI
  • Apple Fall Holyoke Dining Bench - Aged Oak, 2 LI
  • Apple Fall Holyoke Dining Table - Aged Oak, 2 LI
  • Apple Fall Slipcover Chair, 2 LI each

50LI_challenge_part3_kitchen.thumb.jpg.a26501987aed4837838e4668ee888b21.jpg

• [DDD] Modern Abstract Couch, 2 LI
  • ChiMia:: Marble Side Table, 1 LI
  • Apple Fall Stacked Books, 1 LI

50LI_challenge_part3_kitchen2.thumb.jpg.5ff2131b4693c318ea997afadbcd31e6.jpg

TOTAL LI: 49

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I picked up the Otto bed over the weekend and was having a hard time making it look "at home" in the right house.  Then I found Infinite's Kyle's Modern Townhouse to fit the bill.

Yes, nicely made but not "me", hence no purchase. If it would have been in wood with tintable fabric that would have been another thing.   Glad you found a good place for it.   

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, nicely made but not "me", hence no purchase. If it would have been in wood with tintable fabric that would have been another thing.   Glad you found a good place for it.   

The style didn't really grab me as it's not my taste but I brought it anyway for the animations. It looks odd with the rest of the decor in my houseboat. I may end up switching back to the 20 LI bed I have as soon as I figure out how to plop in the animations between the beds. haha

10 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Gave a skybox a try all under 50 Li 47 i think, includes items from Wrong, Applefall, What Next, Floorplan, Dahlia, No. 59, Hive, Mulloy, Lisp, Pilot, Sway's, Consignment, Primpossible 

I had to smile at seeing that fireplace again. I have it too LOL.   

Congrats!

12 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

The style didn't really grab me as it's not my taste but I brought it anyway for the animations. It looks odd with the rest of the decor in my houseboat. I may end up switching back to the 20 LI bed I have as soon as I figure out how to plop in the animations between the beds. haha

Most SL animations use AVsitter which is now creative commons free. Sure you can find the files and instructions via Google if you need it. I downloaded them from somewhere on the web to use in Opensim. I already had purchased in SL :D.  

The bed would look great in the right environment; just not very "Universal" in look :D.

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well I am thinking you win the prize so far (note that everyone can have a prize if they so choose so just a saying)  but I really like Marianne's "posh white" styling also -- which is definitely not "me" but really flows nicely I think.   

That really looks fantastic!

Thank you, I'm glad :). You and Marianne have been an inspiration when it comes to decorating and maximizing prim usage. I've learned tips just by reading forum posts here. My prize was knowing that I could do it and the fun I had in the process.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, AstraHunt said:

Thank you, I'm glad :). You and Marianne have been an inspiration when it comes to decorating and maximizing prim usage. I've learned tips just by reading forum posts here. My prize was knowing that I could do it and the fun I had in the process.

Well in case you missed it earlier in the thread, all folks accepting the 50 prim challenge can have any one item (I think up to about $1300 lindens or so) from ChiC buildings.   Just send me  a notecard with what you want. "Shop" inworld or on the Marketplace and I will hand deliver.   AND --- I absolutely understand if what I make is not your style. I enter lots of contests and never redeem the prizes LOL. So that's OK too.  

I WILL say that while not a ton of people have accepted the joyfulness of completing a 50 li styling *wink*, the posts about this on my blog are some of the best read in November, so apparently lots of folks are watching from the sidelines --- and that's OK too :D. Hopefully they have learned some things or have been inspired.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well in case you missed it earlier in the thread, all folks accepting the 50 prim challenge can have any one item (I think up to about $1300 lindens or so) from ChiC buildings.   Just send me  a notecard with what you want. "Shop" inworld or on the Marketplace and I will hand deliver.   AND --- I absolutely understand if what I make is not your style. I enter lots of contests and never redeem the prizes LOL. So that's OK too.  

I WILL say that while not a ton of people have accepted the joyfulness of completing a 50 li styling *wink*, the posts about this on my blog are some of the best read in November, so apparently lots of folks are watching from the sidelines --- and that's OK too :D. Hopefully they have learned some things or have been inspired.  

Oh wow! I didn't know that. That's very generous of you, thank you! I'll definitely have a look around. Yay! :). This has been a really fun challenge and I've been trying to get my friends to join in on the fun too since I learned about it. Two got the last skybox that was available last week.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Gave a skybox a try all under 50 Li 47 i think, includes items from Wrong, Applefall, What Next, Floorplan, Dahlia, No. 59, Hive, Mulloy, Lisp, Pilot, Sway's, Consignment, Primpossible 

metoday_0085_012_edited.thumb.jpg.f010d6c658bf05172f133b8766214a85.jpg

metoday_0085_013_edited.jpg

metoday_0085_014_edited.jpg

Lovely how you used the shelf as a room divider between the living and kitchen space. And the picture frame wall collage is an elegant focal point that really brings the room together.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Most SL animations use AVsitter which is now creative commons free. Sure you can find the files and instructions via Google if you need it. I downloaded them from somewhere on the web to use in Opensim. I already had purchased in SL :D.  

The bed would look great in the right environment; just not very "Universal" in look :D.

Cool. I found the Avsitter files.  I'll definitely play around with the scripts. Thanks.

You KNOW when you find something new and super cute you just HAVE to rearrange things. 

This oh so lovingly crafted Harshlands] The Tabledoor Furniture is one of the many great gifts on the Belle Epoque Celebration (with friends) store hunt. Very easy to do hunt with lots of great gifts.

image.thumb.png.11fb35e37ba74b972a3f3196ebb53cda.png

I added the books and vases and candle. The shelves are part of the furniture. 4 li. Really adds to my 50 li abode.  I also added a super cute bird house (tall with many styles in the pack). 

• Like 5

Most of you have done so many wonderful works. 
Actually I don't' care about using few prim for having more stuff but it has been interesting rent this little apartment and furnished it for having a cozy place for listen christmassy music 
Even if I change constantly just for figured out how could be with different style.
This is the last one..

christmas.jpg

• Like 5

for those of you that want to continue honing your skills and playing -- and can't get a 50 li skybox, there is a fun and challenging and FREE gift out.  

This is a fully furnished train car and one of the gifts at the Belle Epoque birthday hunt.   The empty train car is 150 li so you need both space and some prims to work (or use a sandbox).    I am going to take a little break but will probably work on this for fun soon.     

There are also some low li furniture pieces here that might come in handy. 

image.thumb.png.0e64e4f6d4741bed6b08dd7e4f9b465e.png

The official challenge is over in three days but we can certainly keep playing.   

• Like 4

Well, I am not done yet... This is one I feel turned out really well, thanks to the amazing free skybox from ValArt. (reduced size 15%) And I edited two textures from gold to silver. (in the niches and the door)

It is so good, that I could use it, not just as part of a challenge. Another crazy link project. I don't use frames that has an added shadow... they are not going down in li when linked. 2 frames + 2 shadows is 4 parts and each 0.5. That is 2. While frames with built in shadows are 0.5 +0.5 = 1 li.

.....................................................................................

Curtain blacks and whites 2 li. They are only called that in the Marketplace. Flexi.

Linked: Bazar Athens headboard, Stockholm bike (wall), Stockholm bedroom cabinet, bedroom painting, Paris-books, Scarlet vase plant. Fancy Decor Maddox nighttable x 2, Maddox lamp x 2, Henrik desk lamp, Modern vase, Chained books, Indio horn. Bensen tablet, Kopfkino Leatherized sneakers, Soy superlong potted cactus, Hive nesting coffee tables, CP Northaven multiframe, Balaclava! Books horizontal, MudHoney Renee desk, Roost fridge, Tromple loeil Teja kitchen, Starlight designs fluffy rug, Kraftwork suspended cabinet & frames, 2 of my posters, total 30 Li.

Bazar Scarlet ottoman 1 Li, Zerkalo linen bed 5 li, Fancy Decor retro sofa x 2 = total 6 li, Fancy Decor Henrik computer chair 2 li.

ChiMia Goddamn good coffee 1 li

Surrond linked of a Onsu skybox 1 li

The images I have uploaded is: From Unsplash. Fabrice Vilard, Bruno Abatti. The rest: Pixabay.

minimalism_001.jpg

minimalism_002.jpg

minimalism_007.jpg

minimalism_005.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify
  • Like 5