whats wrong with this parcel why it dont sell

LiamFangzDemorte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, LiamFangzDemorte said:

dont help then its ok i get it 

this is a forum, nót support, and support can not be of help for this question.

There's nothing wrong with that parcel, just the view on the neighbours isn't great, by this many people would live in the sky so no need to have a roadside parcel.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, LiamFangzDemorte said:

so noone will buy it then no fools

has nothing to do with fools.

The parcel is also 2048 sqm, while many people look for 1024 ( because of their premium tier) you will have to wait for somebody who's interested in more than just the free premium land.
Landsales often need some patience, there's so much for sale it can take a while.

• Confused 1

A couple things to keep in mind when selling some land...

1. Like @Alwin Alcott mentioned, you need to be a bit patient. While it is very convenient for land to sell quickly, it is not always the case. 

2. A helpful tip is to take time to name the parcel with a simple description of the land, and describe it in the About Land tab that way when people are land shopping it will catch their attention. 

3. If your piece of land doesn't have the best view, or odd terrain, sometimes it can help to setup some very simple landscaping to help level it out/clean up the view that way the buyer can get a glimpse of potential. 

I see you have sold this parcel, but keep these tips in mind for next time. 

• Like 1

Nobody's walking down the street and suddenly says, "LOOK!  A GIANT ROTATING FOR SALE SIGN!  HERE, TAKE MY MONEY!"  That's not how you sell land.  You sell land via the tips Miranda mentioned -- packaging and search engine optimization.  Get rid of those eyesores, and make the land look its best.  Take lots of pictures from different angles and with the quality and view bars maxed out.  Then find a nice house, plop it down, landscape a bit, and take more pictures.  Us the absolute best picture for the parcel's "profile pic" in the About Land > Options tab, describe the land well with searchable terms, click the little box to list your parcel in search (the L$30/week box).  Follow up with a post in the Land > Parcels For Sale portion of the Forums, with several of the best pictures -- be sure to show the land blank, how it looks with a sample house, and a wide shot to show the view of neighboring parcels.  Consider a cost-benefit analysis vis-a-vis a paid ad.  Then wait, hope, check the Forum for interactions with prospective buyers.  Determine ahead of time what your time table is for lowering the price, as well as how many more months you're willing to sit on it in hopes of a sale while still having to pay tier on it.  Make it as appealing as possible, from researching comparable parcels for sale and their price per square meter, to putting up a cool starter home and other objects, all of which you make clear will be transferred to the buyer so it's a turnkey -- "No need to buy a house, move in TODAY!"  But get rid of those ugly parcel border thingies and for sale signs:  The rare passerby doesn't care, you're not going to rope them in, and people actually actively searching for land will already know your parcel is for sale before even landing there.  Don't blow a sale by making the land look fugly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/5/2020 at 5:01 AM, LiamFangzDemorte said:

been tryin to sell on mainland for sale this parcel dont really need it now cause getting out of breedables and that was using it for breedable store really but nah not selling anything now they all goin in the bin soon 

Snapshot_012.png

1. Take the For Sale sign off the land, it's an eyesore. It can only be seen by passers-by, who will be very rare on a sim like this, and unlikely to be shopping for land.

2. Take the border lines off, they are eyesores and not a good neighbourly act -- and no one needs them as you can see borders in the viewer with world/view/parcel boundaries.

3. The build behind is the reason I wouldn't buy it, it's badly tiled and has a photo-real type of texture which looks awful in SL. No, I don't believe in de-rendering as a solution.

4. This looks like interior mainland that is not flat although it has a nice ground texture (which can't be changed on Mainland). But if you are selling this for anything more than $3/m, there's your problem.

• Like 2

You will have to wait, Mainland Parcels (unlike Private estate parcels) are sold only to Premium Members with enough tier amount (that a large majority of them is happily living in Belliseria these days) and land barons so your market target group is reduced a lot, it's not going to be an easy quick sell.

Open the world map check the prices of other parcels being sold, adjust accordingly and wait.. wait.. wait...  maybe someday you will get lucky and it will be sold. If you want to get rid of it fast.. kill the price and it will go.

(If it still doesn't get sold just abandon it and act like you bought a pizza that you didn't like with those 10USDollars that you expected to get from it.)

Screenshot_2020-10-12_10-58-45.thumb.png.bdb82e9b86a3f2ee41e9313f53ea0ce6.png

• Like 1

To answer the OP question (I went over there at the beginning of the thread but something crashed my viewer big time so stayed away after that :D):

1. It is very sloped so harder to use.

2. It isn't a RECTANGLE so will not work well with a 2048 skybox or some large houses.

3. It doesn't have EASY road access (giant drop off) at all so folks looking to drive out onto the road won't want it.

4. There are MANY roadside parcels for sale along that road.

5.  It is priced at 3 lindens a square meter which has been "too high" for sometime now unless the land  is an outstanding parcel (water view etc). There are tons of lots out there at lower prices.  

6. The two "flavor of the month" lands right now are full private sim resale (because LL isn't selling those at the moment) and Bellisseria houses.   Mainland lots aren't selling that well now; there are more than enough to go around.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

To answer the OP question (I went over there at the beginning of the thread but something crashed my viewer big time so stayed away after that :D):

1. It is very sloped so harder to use.

2. It isn't a RECTANGLE so will not work well with a 2048 skybox or some large houses.

3. It doesn't have EASY road access (giant drop off) at all so folks looking to drive out onto the road won't want it.

4. There are MANY roadside parcels for sale along that road.

5.  It is priced at 3 lindens a square meter which has been "too high" for sometime now unless the land  is an outstanding parcel (water view etc). There are tons of lots out there at lower prices.  

6. The two "flavor of the month" lands right now are full private sim resale (because LL isn't selling those at the moment) and Bellisseria houses.   Mainland lots aren't selling that well now; there are more than enough to go around.

I went over there at the start of this thread, but the tone of the threadstarter made me think it wasn't worth replying, and so I forgot about it until I see the thread emerge again.

It was a bad location. Ugly builds around, steeped, difficult form. And just like Chic say, it was overpriced. Vastly overpriced. I took one look at it and decided that I would never, ever buy that land for so much.

The threadstarter was really lucky to be rid of it. I don't know if it was an idiot that came along and bought it (for that can happen) or if he reduced the price drastic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.