Unwanted Company/Perv

Niya Skute

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a problem with security in my Linden home...sometimes I'm away from my computer and when I come back my avi is doing weird things.  I now know that it is a neighbor.  Somehow he comes in and controls the couches and beds in the home, which makes my avi move.  I've asked him to stop and stay out of my home several times.  I really don't know how he keeps getting in, as I have the door control set to locked. Is there a security wall or door I can put up to keep the pervs out?!?

7 answers to this question

He doesn't have to get in to click on scripted objects.  He can do that from a distance unless the objects are specifically scripted either to (1) respond only to YOU or (2) not to respond to anyone more than a few meters away.  If you have controls in your furniture that offer you the option to set user access controls, use them.   If you have furniture with modifiable scripts (highly unlikely) modify them to respond to Owner Only.  [EDIT: also note that unless you have restricted access to your parcel -- see below -- anyone can enter by simply sitting on your furniture from a distance.]

Aside from those things, if you are worried about your neighbor being able to see  what you are doing, open World >> About Land >> Options and check the box that restricts your parcel so that people outside can't see or hear what goes on inside.  If you also use your Linden Homes Security System (check the Content Pack in your mailbox, out front) to keep anyone but people on your own access list from entering the parcel, there's no way that your neighbor can walk in to see what you are doing either.

Edited by Rolig Loon
Cleaner wording
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You can also add him by name to your parcel ban list.  You can't set up general ban lines in a Linden Home, but you can ban specific unwanted people. 

won't help with remote control of the furniture, it's always been this way that non restricted menu use can lead to this behaviour.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mollymews said:

most furniture menu dialogs can only be operated by a person sitting on the furniture

Or depending on the used scripts, you can check if the options features settings for "who can use poseballs" or "who can use the menu"? Those usually allow several stages, like owner only, group only or anyone.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.