ALERT ALERT

Dellard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was on SL yesterday and my alt was logged in both on the same rig.  Posted a message [now deleted] on my feed and my alts profile pic appeared instead of mine [which is blank]. Tried the same thing with alt logged out this time my own [correct] blank profile pic appeared. Looks like a security loophole. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dellard said:

So I was on SL yesterday and my alt was logged in both on the same rig.  Posted a message [now deleted] on my feed and my alts profile pic appeared instead of mine [which is blank]. Tried the same thing with alt logged out this time my own [correct] blank profile pic appeared. Looks like a security loophole. 

Not sure what you mean Dellard.

Do you mean that your main posted a message on your alt's profile feed, but it shows your alt's profile pic as the one making the post?

I posted on my own feed but it showed my alt's profile picture, my alt was logged in on same computer. I don't have a profile pic myself. It's not a problem for me but it might cause problems for other people if it happens to them. 

20 minutes ago, Dellard said:

I posted on my own feed but it showed my alt's profile picture, my alt was logged in on same computer. I don't have a profile pic myself. It's not a problem for me but it might cause problems for other people if it happens to them. 

sharing viewer cache?

6 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I just tried this (as I happened to have both myself and my alt logged in together) and was not able to reproduce it. Two pics, one each, and both posted with the correct profile pic.

but did you start up two separate installations of sl or just two copies of the same installation?

I was confused.  There are a lot of different viewers and not everyone uses the same one or does things the same way.  My first thought was wondering what posting on the profile feed had to do with viewers and which accounts were logged in, because I associate profile feeds with my.secondlife.com and that being accessed through an external web browser.  Then I remembered that the LL viewer still used web profiles (and perhaps some of the other 3rd party viewers might have that as an option) as well as some people use the viewer's built in web browser.  

So, sometimes it's helpful to state which viewer you are using, and how you are accessing a feature when there might be multiple ways to do something. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.