L$ Tilia purchases charged as PayPal Cash Advance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since 09/09 I requested a change im my method of payment from PayPal to a virtual credit card. I inserted the new number and Tilia didn´t accept this change.

Until this moment my request remains unresolved and I don´t know why, despite I´m trying to keep in contact with Tilia.

However, 09/27 and 09/30 there was two attempts to charge my credit cards on behalf of Second Life. The first attempt contains the final number of my virtual card, the same one I sent Tilia to replace my payment via PayPal. Only them have this number, no one else. This is a new credit card I made for only my expenses in SL.

The second attempt below was today at 00:09 after I tryed to attach my oldest credit card, the same I used a long time ago for my payments at Linden Lab before my choice for PayPal in 2013.

Of course, since I started having problems with Tilia, I did not authorize the bank to pay any Second Life charges. To do this, they must to regularize my situation in my Dashboard <Billing Information>. While there isn´t solution to my problem, I cannot authorize my bank to accept any Second Life charges.

I think it is having a big problem of communication between me and them. I am trying to make contact, but I do not see a greater effort on their side. In other times, a ticket would have been sufficient to clarify reciprocal doubts. It is the first time in more than 13 years as a SL resident that I am having a serious problem with Linden Lab. One problem that I do not know the reasons and motivations.

I still believe that it is a great misunderstanding. So I ask here how can I do?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Colete Jacobus said:

So I ask here how can I do?

We cannot tell you exactly what the issue is or how to resolve it.  You'll need to talk to LL Billing:

Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131008-billing-support

Hi, thanks very much for your response.

I posted many messages on my billing support, including today because of these two attempts to charge my credit card on behalf of Second Life.

How is it possible that they do not accept, do not authorize my request to change my payment method and at the same time try to make two charges on my credit card ?????

If you can help me, my support ticket number is # 1583665. As you´ll can see, there are many messages that I wrote and sent to them.

No solution yet

I posted many messages on my billing support, including today because of these two attempts to charge my credit card on behalf of Second Life.

How is it possible that they do not accept, do not authorize my request to change my payment method and at the same time try to make two charges on my credit card ?????

If you can help me, my support ticket number is # 1583665. As you´ll can see, there are many messages that I wrote and sent to them.

No solution yet

No one besides linden staff can see your support issue or help you with any billing issue. 

As you´ll can see, there are many messages that I wrote and sent to them.

No solution yet

no we don't see that, and be happy with that, otherwise we would be IN your account.
So.. no solution yet, but also not to expect from the people here, who are not involved with LL but just users of SL.

21 minutes ago, Colete Jacobus said:

No solution yet

Submitting a Support ticket and talking to Billing are not the same thing - though a Billing support ticket will eventually make its way to Billing.  It is still usually better/faster to just call Billing during their support hours.  Billing support is only available Mon-Fri, so nobody will be able to do anything today.

55 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Submitting a Support ticket and talking to Billing are not the same thing - though a Billing support ticket will eventually make its way to Billing.  It is still usually better/faster to just call Billing during their support hours.  Billing support is only available Mon-Fri, so nobody will be able to do anything today.

Good advice. The only problems I see with it are the toll free number doesn't work for those outside of the US (and Canada) and international calls can be expensive. I only say this because I know for some who do not live in the US, they are not able to call billing due to the cost of international calls when they are not able to use the toll free number. Only the US and Canada can use the toll free number.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Good advice. The only problems I see with it are the toll free number doesn't work for those outside of the US (and Canada) and international calls can be expensive.

When has this changed? I remember calling the toll free number from germany a couple years ago and it was both working and free. This is truly a bummer.

3 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

When has this changed? I remember calling the toll free number from germany a couple years ago and it was both working and free. This is truly a bummer.

Not sure. I think when they shut down all the offices outside of the US. If it worked for you from Germany, great! Germany may be one of the countries it will work for but there are others it won't.

Contacting Linden Lab billing support

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following numbers:

• US/Canada (toll free): 800-294-1067
  • Long distance (not toll free): 703-286-6277

Our Billing team is available from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM PST, Monday through Friday.

11 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Not sure. I think when they shut down all the offices outside of the US. If it worked for you from Germany, great! Germany may be one of the countries it will work for but there are others it won't.

Well dang, back when I called them they had the long distance number with toll free tagged on at the end. It seems that's no longer the case. Can't remember them changing it 'officially' either, so just another ninja change. Bah.

50 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Well dang, back when I called them they had the long distance number with toll free tagged on at the end. It seems that's no longer the case. Can't remember them changing it 'officially' either, so just another ninja change. Bah.

No, it wasn't a ninja change. 

The company's head office is in San Francisco, with additional offices in Boston, Seattle, Virginia and Davis, California. Its offices in Mountain View, Brighton, Singapore and Amsterdam were closed in 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Lab

I'm just saying that the toll free number will not work for everyone outside of the US and Canada. I wouldn't even be aware of it if I hadn't been helping people, recommending they call billing only to be told they can't call the toll free number from their country and they couldn't afford the international call. That is when I advise them to file a support ticket and explain they can't use the toll free number while asking how they can contact billing for the support they need. There is no other recourse.

• Thanks 1

I have been paying LL via a PayPal account funded by an AMEX CC a long time. Since at least April PP had categorized payments to LL as something like "money transfer." I can't see it now because they have changed them all to "Digital Media."

AMEX never charged me extra fees. PayPal gave me a substantial credit to cover the extra fees ANEX didn't charge.

I could use a lot more of this!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.